So, what did Santa bring you?

Weave

My highlights are a fleece lined leather jacket, 3 gift certificates to the local beer store, and a rather large gift certificate to a nearby cigar shop. Oh, and a promisory note from teh wife for a new laptop. I get to pick it out this week.

Sounds like a good haul. My girlfriend made me a Sabres quilt, and my parents gave me a gift card for some furniture to replace some of the stuff my ex-wife took with her. My son is 3 now, so this was the first year he really understood what was going on, and he was a blast. He ended up with 3 Christmas's, so by the end of it he was burnt out, but it was a lot of fun watching him get into it.

Sounds like a good haul. My girlfriend made me a Sabres quilt, and my parents gave me a gift card for some furniture to replace some of the stuff my ex-wife took with her. My son is 3 now, so this was the first year he really understood what was going on, and he was a blast. He ended up with 3 Christmas's, so by the end of it he was burnt out, but it was a lot of fun watching him get into it.

I remember my son's first haul at the age where he was "aware" of Santa. We about needed to rent a trailer to bring all the stuff home. Those were fun days.

Two gifts I really wanted:

1) A pancake griddle. Yes. I've been cooking my pancakes in a fry pan for years, dreaming of owning my very own state-of-the-art, non-stick pancake griddle.

2) A triple-capacity battery for my cell phone. Even though it's so big that it requires a "bump out" cover making my phone look like it's pregnant, I can now watch an entire game on NHL GameCentre without the battery dying.

PTR

My favorite thing is probably the alternate (black) Lake Erie Monsters jersey that my Mother-in-law got me.

Other things included a couple xbox games, and a Buster Posey McFarlane. Some clothes, a couple gift cards, and (Nerd alert) a Darth Vader Lego Star Wars alarm clock.

Got one of those "The Book of RJ" shirts from store716.com...that was pretty neat and unexpected from the wife, who hates hockey but really loves RJ's voice.

New hockey bag that is more fitting for my referee gear, new visor for my helmet, some gift cards and money.

I did take 50 dollars of my money and spend it on my son though...He didn't get any Bills stuff for Xmas, so when I saw that the Bills store had all of their custom kids' jerseys on sale for 45.00, I got him a home blue one with his first name "CARTER" and his favorite number, 3, on it. He is going to flip when it comes...he's only 3 and LOVES the Bills....poor guy.

Lets see what did i get...Well i got to save money by telling my family lets not do gifts this year because buying a house and having a 4 month old takes pletty of dough. All i wanted was great food,good drinks, and not spend money i dont have. I got all 3 and man it feels wonderful

Lets see what did i get...Well i got to save money by telling my family lets not do gifts this year because buying a house and having a 4 month old takes pletty of dough. All i wanted was great food,good drinks, and not spend money i dont have. I got all 3 and man it feels wonderful

Very cool.

I didn't know they had Christmas in Oregon until now. I thought it might be some Druid tree ceremony on December 21 or something. Glad to know it exists and that you had a good one.

Very cool.

I didn't know they had Christmas in Oregon until now. I thought it might be some Druid tree ceremony on December 21 or something. Glad to know it exists and that you had a good one.

How could you not no about christmas in Oregon Santa Claus? Is it the dilaudid?

I got a Sabres blank 3rd jersey. One complaint about it, can the word Reebok be on the jersey a few more times? <_< On the back neck of the jersey, on each sleeve, and the dreaded label at the front bottom.

PS After all my years of complaining about sleeve length on jerseys, I was finally able to find one where the sleeves weren't short. :worthy:

I got this from the wife (she used a giftcard that her dad got us LAST Christmas, along with some of her own money): This workbench is rock solid and I can't wait to put all my tools in the drawers!

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=prod1480010

My favorite thing is probably the alternate (black) Lake Erie Monsters jersey that my Mother-in-law got me.

Other things included a couple xbox games, and a Buster Posey McFarlane. Some clothes, a couple gift cards, and (Nerd alert) a Darth Vader Lego Star Wars alarm clock.

Hey Wolfie I get to wear a Monsters Jersey every Friday in our pickup skate at Barons Arena. Don't know how our group acquired them, but every number on every jersey contains the number 4. Strange....

Got one of those "The Book of RJ" shirts from store716.com...that was pretty neat and unexpected from the wife, who hates hockey but really loves RJ's voice.

New hockey bag that is more fitting for my referee gear, new visor for my helmet, some gift cards and money.

Referee gear is always welcomed at my place, too! I just won't let my wife buy it because she has no clue. Now, giving me money towards it is another matter entirely!

I got this from the wife (she used a giftcard that her dad got us LAST Christmas, along with some of her own money): This workbench is rock solid and I can't wait to put all my tools in the drawers!

http://www.samsclub....tId=prod1480010

Hey Wolfie I get to wear a Monsters Jersey every Friday in our pickup skate at Barons Arena. Don't know how our group acquired them, but every number on every jersey contains the number 4. Strange....

Referee gear is always welcomed at my place, too! I just won't let my wife buy it because she has no clue. Now, giving me money towards it is another matter entirely!

Yep, she didn't really have a clue either...but I was able to point her in the right direction...

1) Need a bag, would like it to have "backpack straps" and it has to be black and white. Ended up with the Reebok 5k Sr. Backpack. It's a little big, but it is so much nicer than the sack I used to carry my stuff in.

2) Need a visor. Don't spend a crapload of money. Got a nice Bauer visor.

I will have to try that approach again next year, it worked pretty well.

Intersting about the jerseys and the #'s. Not sure what the connection is between the LEM and the barons Arena.

I just wanted a blank replica in black, which was what I got.

http://www.samsclub....tId=prod1480010

That is awesome! My dad sneaks a few tools in my stocking every year, so i will eventually need a bad-ass chest like that to put 'em all in. :)

My sister tried to set me and my brother up to give each other the same gift -- a Fitzmagic tshirt. My brother ended up getting me one, even though he's the one who actually wanted one hahaha. My sister got us both new Bills Zubaz, I guess they're back! And we finally got my dad to admit to wearing Zubaz twenty years ago. :lol:

My brother gave me a whole bunch of old roller hockey equipment, as I've never played before, but I hope to get into a rec league now that I'm almost done being a student again!

Fancy tulip-shaped lead crystal glasses for whiskey and a sampler set from the Queen Creek Olive Mill - good stuff. Also, got to use the new glasses to sample The Glenlivet Nadurra Triumph 1991 that I gave my boyfriend. That's a win-win!

Now we're talking.

I made the trip into Buffalo today and spent $85 worth of gift cards on beer. The fridge is rather well stocked with Belgian ales and IPA's at the moment.

Nothing. We always spend everything on the kids........ :beer:

When I was a youngin....santa gave me all kinds of great gifts....best gifts ever. I started to cry. My parents were dumbfounded and asked, "What's the matter? Santa brought you everything you wanted. Look at all the neat things you have."

And I turned to them slowly and managed to compose myself for 5 seconds...and said, "But YOU didn't get me anything for Christmas. That means more than anything Santa could ever give me."

It was a double Christmas through the entire month of January....

Now we're talking.

I made the trip into Buffalo today and spent $85 worth of gift cards on beer. The fridge is rather well stocked with Belgian ales and IPA's at the moment.

Is there any food in your fridge after buying $85+ worth of beer? :P

Archived