So, what did Santa bring you?

Weave

Consumers actually.

Nice. VBM is within walking distance of my house, so when I am buying for beer-drinkers (as a gift or if they're coming over), that's where I go, but I know that Consumer's has a region-wide reputation for an excellent brew selection. VBM doesn't boast that yet.

Nice. VBM is within walking distance of my house, so when I am buying for beer-drinkers (as a gift or if they're coming over), that's where I go, but I know that Consumer's has a region-wide reputation for an excellent brew selection. VBM doesn't boast that yet.

The nice part for me is I am not in Erie County and usually only come in to visit family/friends. I can hit whatever Consumers is convenient to where we are going. Nearly all of the Consumers locations boast decent beer selections. Not quite as impressive a selection as Rochesters' Beers of the World or Angotti's in Batavia, but pretty damned good nonetheless.

The nice part for me is I am not in Erie County and usually only come in to visit family/friends. I can hit whatever Consumers is convenient to where we are going. Nearly all of the Consumers locations boast decent beer selections. Not quite as impressive a selection as Rochesters' Beers of the World or Angotti's in Batavia, but pretty damned good nonetheless.

Yeah, one of these days, we're going to figure out which of the "freak counties" is the one in which you live. We know it's hunting-rich and beer-poor. So it's somewhere between Erie and Westchester.

VBM is nice with 20 beers on tap for growlers, but like I said, I'm not a beer guy. I know that Consumers (which, when I was a kid, was the place that Dad would go to get a case of Michelob and a sixpack of orange Crush for us kids) has developed an excellent rep among the regional beer connoisseurs . Good for them--mean it.

When I was a youngin....santa gave me all kinds of great gifts....best gifts ever. I started to cry. My parents were dumbfounded and asked, "What's the matter? Santa brought you everything you wanted. Look at all the neat things you have."

And I turned to them slowly and managed to compose myself for 5 seconds...and said, "But YOU didn't get me anything for Christmas. That means more than anything Santa could ever give me."

It was a double Christmas through the entire month of January....

Nicely done....... :flirt:

Yeah, one of these days, we're going to figure out which of the "freak counties" is the one in which you live. We know it's hunting-rich and beer-poor. So it's somewhere between Erie and Westchester.

VBM is nice with 20 beers on tap for growlers, but like I said, I'm not a beer guy. I know that Consumers (which, when I was a kid, was the place that Dad would go to get a case of Michelob and a sixpack of orange Crush for us kids) has developed an excellent rep among the regional beer connoisseurs . Good for them--mean it.

I grew up in south Cheektowaga. The Consumers location on French Rd. near Borden was originally a Pop Shoppe. I remember going in with my parents to buy plastic milk cases of 8oz bottles of orange, cherry, and birch beer. And yeah, Dad bought his Genny Cream and Old Vienna there when it became Consumers.

What a great dad, Orange Crush changed my life...

A propane patio heater for my man cave. It'll be nice to watch the Sabres outside and not necessarily have to smell like a campfire at the end of the night.

A pump for my homebrew setup. The back can't handle lifting mash tuns and boil kettles at my age.

Outstanding!! I'm still old school and use gravity as my bitch. Tempted by the prospects of pumps and electirc heating elements allowing me to bring my brewing indoors and downstairs. For now I'm happy with what I'm doing though.

Absolutely no Sabres stuff this year. Oh wait. They gave me a luggage/backpack bag with the logo on it.

Got the iPhone 4s and have been talking to Siri since Christmas. I'm going cross eyed from starring at the phone for 48 hours straight. lol

Anyone know of some cool apps?

My highlights are a fleece lined leather jacket, 3 gift certificates to the local beer store, and a rather large gift certificate to a nearby cigar shop. Oh, and a promisory note from teh wife for a new laptop. I get to pick it out this week.

Very nice haul. I finally got a humidor, and it was filled with a collection of Acid Cigars. (In my opinion, one of the better values in the cigar market.)

Now we're talking.

I made the trip into Buffalo today and spent $85 worth of gift cards on beer. The fridge is rather well stocked with Belgian ales and IPA's at the moment.

I am an IPA enthusiast. Might I suggest Sierra Nevada's Torpedo Extra IPA? I am not sure you can find it in Buffalo, but Beers of the World in Rochester stocks it. (BOTW is within walking distance from my house, very dangerous.)

Beyond my Humidor, and Cigars, I got a plethora of Sabres gear, a new Fossil watch, and a pair of Vapor X60 gloves. I was very happy with my Christmas Spoils this year.

Picked up a new Weber portable grill for some tailgating, and some ski trips. Got some nice new shirts and ties for work, as well as a badass top coat (my kid says i "look like a man" in it. Not sure if i should take that as i normally look like a woman, or if he was just referencing my boyish good looks). No Sabres gear this year, not a surprise thought because half my wardrobe is made up of Sabres t's and jerseys and the other half is suits.

The kid got all the cool presents. He got his new Vapor X60 skates, and gloves. Along with the coolest Lightsaber I've ever seen and a nerf gun that runs on enough batteries to power a small third world country.

Picked up a new Weber portable grill for some tailgating, and some ski trips. Got some nice new shirts and ties for work, as well as a badass top coat (my kid says i "look like a man" in it. Not sure if i should take that as i normally look like a woman, or if he was just referencing my boyish good looks). No Sabres gear this year, not a surprise thought because half my wardrobe is made up of Sabres t's and jerseys and the other half is suits.

The kid got all the cool presents. He got his new Vapor X60 skates, and gloves. Along with the coolest Lightsaber I've ever seen and a nerf gun that runs on enough batteries to power a small third world country.

I'd leave the Weber on the shelf and use the Gragnani for tailgating. It grills a mean BocaBurger.....

Very nice haul. I finally got a humidor, and it was filled with a collection of Acid Cigars. (In my opinion, one of the better values in the cigar market.)

I am an IPA enthusiast. Might I suggest Sierra Nevada's Torpedo Extra IPA? I am not sure you can find it in Buffalo, but Beers of the World in Rochester stocks it. (BOTW is within walking distance from my house, very dangerous.)

Beyond my Humidor, and Cigars, I got a plethora of Sabres gear, a new Fossil watch, and a pair of Vapor X60 gloves. I was very happy with my Christmas Spoils this year.

Torpedo is widely distributed (and an excellent beer). Heck, Tops grocery stores (at least most of the ones I've been in) carry it.

When I get gift certs for beer I go on the lookout for beers that I can't get access to frequently. Consequently my haul was loaded with Belgians (nearly all of which I can't get near home) and smaller non-NY brewery IPA's and Imperial IPA's. Limited run beers too.

OK, here was my haul.

Belgian and Belgian styled

Ommegang Gnomegang (collaboration with Ommegang and Belgian Brasserie De Lachouffe)

Ommegang BPA

Ovila Dubbel (collaboration between Sierra Nevada and the Belgian Abbey of New Clairvoux)

Ovila Saison (same collaboration as above)

Ithaca Cold Front Belgian style amber

Kasteel Tripel (authentic monestary brewed ale)

IPA's

Great Divide Titan IPA (great IPA from Colorado that I never have access to)

Sam Adams Tasman Red IPA (a limited run special edition beer)

Horseheads Black Horse black IPA (NY beer that is gaining distribution but I bought it cuz I really like the beer)

Magic Hat Encore wheat IPA (limited run beer)

Not a bad days haul at all.

Sabres wise, a Reebok Sabres hoodie that I already have (and wear frequently) from the girlfriends families gift exchange (I always wear it cause they are all Leafs or Habs fans), so my girlfriend took it back today and got me a different Sabres Hoodie

Bills wise, My brother bought me a Bills Lawn gnome and Bills coffee mug

Other sports wise, a Toronto Blue jays Batting Practice Jersey from the girlfriend and today she took back 2 winter hats she bought me and exchanged them for one blue Jays winter hat with the big furry ear flaps.

I bought myself for christmas seasons 1&2 of Flight of the Conchords, and seasons 4&5 of Its Always Sunny...

Before Christmas I bought myself and my girlfriend a Blackberry Playbook which we have both been addicted to, I use it to watch Sabres games on sometimes.

I bought my girlfriend a Leafs jersey (ugh, shes a long time fan of theirs) that I was having customized, but I'm still waiting to get the nameplate in before I can give it to her. (Found a place online to get any custom name and lettering for hockey and football jerseys that you get sewn on yourself, made myself a custom Blackhawks jersey for my Saturday night ice hockey league where I play for the blackhawks)

Torpedo is widely distributed (and an excellent beer). Heck, Tops grocery stores (at least most of the ones I've been in) carry it. When I get gift certs for beer I go on the lookout for beers that I can't get access to frequently. Consequently my haul was loaded with Belgians (nearly all of which I can't get near home) and smaller non-NY brewery IPA's and Imperial IPA's. Limited run beers too. OK, here was my haul. Belgian and Belgian styled Ommegang Gnomegang (collaboration with Ommegang and Belgian Brasserie De Lachouffe) Ommegang BPA Ovila Dubbel (collaboration between Sierra Nevada and the Belgian Abbey of New Clairvoux) Ovila Saison (same collaboration as above) Ithaca Cold Front Belgian style amber Kasteel Tripel (authentic monestary brewed ale) IPA's Great Divide Titan IPA (great IPA from Colorado that I never have access to) Sam Adams Tasman Red IPA (a limited run special edition beer) Horseheads Black Horse black IPA (NY beer that is gaining distribution but I bought it cuz I really like the beer) Magic Hat Encore wheat IPA (limited run beer) Not a bad days haul at all.

Nice haul. Great Divide's Hercules Double IPA is also fantastic. I'll have to look for the Sam Adams one. I brewed a black IPA on Monday with Columbus/Cascade.

edit: Not sure why the quoted part lost all it's formatting. Maybe my work browser.

Torpedo is widely distributed (and an excellent beer). Heck, Tops grocery stores (at least most of the ones I've been in) carry it.

When I get gift certs for beer I go on the lookout for beers that I can't get access to frequently. Consequently my haul was loaded with Belgians (nearly all of which I can't get near home) and smaller non-NY brewery IPA's and Imperial IPA's. Limited run beers too.

OK, here was my haul.

Belgian and Belgian styled

Ommegang Gnomegang (collaboration with Ommegang and Belgian Brasserie De Lachouffe)

Ommegang BPA

Ovila Dubbel (collaboration between Sierra Nevada and the Belgian Abbey of New Clairvoux)

Ovila Saison (same collaboration as above)

Ithaca Cold Front Belgian style amber

Kasteel Tripel (authentic monestary brewed ale)

IPA's

Great Divide Titan IPA (great IPA from Colorado that I never have access to)

Sam Adams Tasman Red IPA (a limited run special edition beer)

Horseheads Black Horse black IPA (NY beer that is gaining distribution but I bought it cuz I really like the beer)

Magic Hat Encore wheat IPA (limited run beer)

Not a bad days haul at all.

Well done, the ones I have bolded are all very good beers, that I have had the pleasure of drinking.

Archived