Trade Idea with Anaheim

Warriorspikes51

Both teams could use a shake-up.

Getzlaf, Lydman for Roy, Stafford, Sekera, 2nd

Seems about right value wise. Ducks get younger, and a great value contract in Roy. Sabres get a Center to play with Van and get more consistent on the back-end.

I would do that deal in a heartbeat, so ipso facto, the ducks would laugh at that offer. :doh:

Seems about right value wise. Ducks get younger, and a great value contract in Roy. Sabres get a Center to play with Van and get more consistent on the back-end.

Are you on drugs?

The "seems about right value wise" lines at the end of these always crack me up.

The best is always the talking up of the players going the other way and coincidentally they are the players no one likes. Shocking.

And of course getting an ex-Sabre in return is always good fun.

Additionally, I would like to propose a ban on Trade Proposal threads. They're never worth reading. Ever.

Getting an ex-Sabre in return makes sense if you feel, as I do, that they should've never let him leave in the first place...

I think Trade Proposal threads can be a good diversion, especially when there is so little positive vibe in Hockey Heaven right now. If you don't like them, I suggest you skip over these topics.

Revised:

Anaheim gets Sekera, Stafford, 2d. Corey Perry stays with the Ducks.

I get Katy Perry.

Steve Perry gets Derek Roy. Both lounge around in Perry Ellis robes during the NHL playoffs.

Sabres get...well, wait. I have Katy Perry. Screw the rest of it.

Just one suggestion.

OR...

Statsny for Roy, Sekera, and a 2nd... might need a little more but it works better than anything involving getzlaf... of course on this board some jack@ss said Pommers is underachieving so clearly the concept of the value of certain sabres players is obscured by the hatred for this team that the fans are currently suffering through...

Lets break this down..

Roy has more points this season and a better +/- than Stastny. They are both former 2nd round picks and Roy is a whopping 2 years older. Roy has more playoff experience. The Avs are young and contrary to the Roy hate that infests this board he is a very good playmaking center. Sekera is a solid 3-4 defender and is also able to join the rush. He is having what seems to be an average season for him and hes been a little light on the scoring front but has been solid in his own end. They get a 2nd for the sake of overpayment...

Now I know that this trade will be rediculed and called stupid and foolish and insane and a host of other things. The sad part is if you do possess a brain and can actually see what players bring to the table its a good trade with a Colorado winning out by getting better and the sabres change their top six.

Now you can go ahead and ridicule and bust on me and do whatever else you want but i honestly no longer care. After seeing the Regehr trade most of the so called "experts" on this board have no clue about fair value and are to marred in their hatred for the certain sabres...

Getzlaf would be a great get. He comes cheap contract wise with just 1 more year left after this year at $5.3 mil. I proposed a trade to the Ducks previously. If I had to make an offer today I would offer:

Sabres get Getzlaf and Hiller.

Ducks get Miller, Roy, Mcnabb, and a #1.

This is a deal that shakes up the Sabres "core" and hopefully changes the direction of the team without moving Vanek. I would also move Pominville in a separate deal because I would want Getzlaf to be the Sabres Captain.

A goaltending tandem of Hiller and Enroth is one I think I can win with long term and comes at a good price salary wise.

The sad part is if you do possess a brain and can actually see what players bring to the table its a good trade with a Colorado winning out by getting better and the sabres change their top six.

Now you can go ahead and ridicule and bust on me and do whatever else you want but i honestly no longer care. After seeing the Regehr trade most of the so called "experts" on this board have no clue about fair value and are to marred in their hatred for the certain sabres...

No, that's not the sad part.

How can you expect anyone to take you seriously when your stance is that anyone that disagrees with you does not "possess a brain"? If you truly "honestly no longer care" then you'd probably stop drawing attention to yourself by endlessly repeating the same drivel the clueless "experts" ridicule and bust on you for.

Just my two cents.

OR...

Statsny for Roy, Sekera, and a 2nd... might need a little more but it works better than anything involving getzlaf... of course on this board some jack@ss said Pommers is underachieving so clearly the concept of the value of certain sabres players is obscured by the hatred for this team that the fans are currently suffering through...

Lets break this down..

Roy has more points this season and a better +/- than Stastny. They are both former 2nd round picks and Roy is a whopping 2 years older. Roy has more playoff experience. The Avs are young and contrary to the Roy hate that infests this board he is a very good playmaking center. Sekera is a solid 3-4 defender and is also able to join the rush. He is having what seems to be an average season for him and hes been a little light on the scoring front but has been solid in his own end. They get a 2nd for the sake of overpayment...

Now I know that this trade will be rediculed and called stupid and foolish and insane and a host of other things. The sad part is if you do possess a brain and can actually see what players bring to the table its a good trade with a Colorado winning out by getting better and the sabres change their top six.

The Sabres would be getting the best player, so Colorado wouldn't be winning out. I would expect that they would require either a high-end prospect like McNabb or Pysyk or a first-rounder in the package, not a 2nd. Still, this proposal is less terrible than most of your other ones.

No, that's not the sad part.

How can you expect anyone to take you seriously when your stance is that anyone that disagrees with you does not "possess a brain"? If you truly "honestly no longer care" then you'd probably stop drawing attention to yourself by endlessly repeating the same drivel the clueless "experts" ridicule and bust on you for.

Just my two cents.

thank you. you have proven something to me.

And of course getting an ex-Sabre in return is always good fun.

Additionally, I would like to propose a ban on Trade Proposal threads. They're never worth reading. Ever.

WOW!

A ban on Trade Prposals? Really?

Sounds like someone is gearing up to recruit some brown shirts in an effort to gag free speech........

Archived