Tootoo's Hearing today 12/5/11

Iron Crotch

Shanny finds no intent to make contact, but says he failed to make any effort to avoid. Apparently in Shanny's world we don't intend the natural consequence of our actions. Someone should examine Shanny for signs of CTE and autoerotic asphyxiation.

without the Lucic incident he gets 5 and the Misconduct and that's the end of it.

Well I'm not satisfied with that at all.

yupp...I agree. on one hand, it's better than nothing, on the other, it still doesn't really send a message.

Shanny finds no intent to make contact, but says he failed to make any effort to avoid. Apparently in Shanny's world we don't intend the natural consequence of our actions. Someone should examine Shanny for signs of CTE and autoerotic asphyxiation.

that was the major part that bugged me in his video.

I agree on your other post too Korab, the owners really must have let him have it.

Looking at the video - two things I would have liked to occur in the split second of the play:

1 - Ehrhoff plowing Tootoo into the side of the net or boards.

2 - When Tootoo leaped up to make contact with Miller - Miller standing up and forcing Tootoo to fly threw the air landing in a spot that Gaustad would have had a better opportunity to pound him.

What were you hoping for? What were you expecting?

Tootoo has a history of douchebaggery. I was hoping for a message to be sent both to him and to the league. Unfortunately he received what I expected, which is a slap on the wrist and a meaningless gesture.

I expected to be disappointed. I just hoped I wouldn't be. But apparently Shanny feels like simply punishing him at all is sufficient.

You were expecting more than this? Surprised it was even one game. The owners must have really reamed him after his lucic ruling.

actually I was expecting nothing so it's better then I thought...

I learned long ago the league talks out of both sides of their mouth and Shanny is no different. I would have thought he'd demand a bit more respect and make a statement. Silly me........

I'm ok w/ 2. I think that Tootoo's history of douchebaggery is outside the 18-month window so Shanny couldn't consider it; chz, is that how that works?

I might have tacked on a third game just because "Jordin" shouldn't be spelled thusly.

I'm ok w/ 2. I think that Tootoo's history of douchebaggery is outside the 18-month window so Shanny couldn't consider it; chz, is that how that works?

I might have tacked on a third game just because "Jordin" shouldn't be spelled thusly.

Shanny said he had been fined and suspended once in an 8 year NHL career. No mention of douchebaggery, for which there should be no Statute of Limitations. He should have given him three just so we don't have to see the headlines "Shanny says: Two to Tootoo".

And please, Eleven, put up an avatar. The silhouettes are distracting. But not nearly as distracting as not being able to spell silhouettes and having to google it. Damn silent h.

Archived