Tootoo's Hearing today 12/5/11

Iron Crotch

Telephone hearing, which means 5 games max? (can't remember)

I expect two for Tootoo. :flirt:

as far as I can remember, yeah, 5 max. I didn't really expect more than 5 though. I honestly thought 3 - 5 would be good given his history and the severity of the hit. plus, Millers "wild punches" and "slamming Tootoo's head into the ice" was some good retribution too ;)

Turn's out they held the hearing early - Here's the script:

Shanny: Jordan, did you HAVE to run him his first game back?

Jordan: Sorry Shanny. We were losing, and I needed to do something to get the boys going. Since Lucic killed Miller outside the crease and you gave him nothing, I thought it was OK!

Shanny: These damn owners are really on my back. I hate that freaky eyed Miller as much as the rest of you, but how am I going to explain this to the public?

Jordan: Well, it was a hockey play, and I was pushed from behind.

Shanny: Did you have your head down. and by the time you looked up it was too late to stop?

Jordan: Yeah! Yeah!

Shanny: And are you really sorry and do you promise not do it again, at least not so blatantly?

Jordan: Yeah, Yeah! I'm really sorry, Shanny! It's just that we were losing, and I had to do something to get the b0oys going, and I figured if I could knock Miller out of the game and give him another concussion, that we might win since that little Ewok Enroth can't stop a beach ball lately.

Shanny: Shut up, Jordan. I'm going to have to give you a game just to make it look good. The next time you take a run at Miller, make sure you finish him once and for all. I don't want that guy anywhere near the Olympics 2014!

Jordan: All right, Shanny. Go Canada, Eh!?!

Shanny: Go Canada! Those stupid Americans won't even get to the medal round without Miller. The Gold Medal is ours!

Honestly, I didn't think Lucic deserved a suspension, but Shanahan went about it in a rather insulting manner. Now we have Tootoo who will probably get something, and in my mind its becase he's Jordan Tootoo and doesn't play for Boston.

People can say Shanahan is better or worse than Campbell, but in my mind he's just the same.

Jordan: Sorry Shanny. We were losing, and I needed to do something to get the boys going. Since Lucic killed Miller outside the crease and you gave him nothing, I thought it was OK!

Shanny: These damn owners are really on my back. I hate that freaky eyed Miller as much as the rest of you, but how am I going to explain this to the public?

Shanny: Did you have your head down. and by the time you looked up it was too late to stop?

Shanny: And are you really sorry and do you promise not do it again, at least not so blatantly?

Jordan: Yeah, Yeah! I'm really sorry, Shanny! It's just that we were losing, and I had to do something to get the b0oys going, and I figured if I could knock Miller out of the game and give him another concussion, that we might win since that little Ewok Enroth can't stop a beach ball lately.

Shanny: Shut up, Jordan. I'm going to have to give you a game just to make it look good. The next time you take a run at Miller, make sure you finish him once and for all. I don't want that guy anywhere near the Olympics 2014!

Shanny: Go Canada! Those stupid Americans won't even get to the medal round without Miller. The Gold Medal is ours!

HAHA! well played sir.

By the way, when is Miller's suspension hearing for the roughing he was issuing to Tootoo? :bag:

Calgary's backup goaltender got run over by a Canuck last night and knocked out of the game. I read that Kipper got hit as well after comming in relief. I think Shanny has to do something to discourage this behaviour. On a side note, Calgary's response to the hit on their tender was atleast as poor as Buffalo's response to Lucic.

Jordan: Yeah, Yeah! I'm really sorry, Shanny! It's just that we were losing, and I had to do something to get the boys going, and I figured if I could knock Miller out of the game and give him another concussion, that we might win since that little Ewok Enroth can't stop a beach ball lately.

Shanny: Shut up, Jordan. I'm going to have to give you a game just to make it look good. The next time you take a run at Miller, make sure you finish him once and for all. I don't want that guy anywhere near the Olympics in 2014!

:thumbsup: Good stuff.

I'm really tryng to rack my brain why he should be suspended at all and I can't come up with anything. He got 5 and a game. That's the penalty for charging the goalie.

Was pretty good until here ... I'm sure that Shanny has heard of Tim Thomas; he does play for Boston after all. ;)

What do you think this, a choose your own adventure book?

Here it is with an alternate ending:

Shanny: Shut up, Jordan. I'm going to have to give you a game just to make it look good. The next time you take a run at Miller, make sure you finish him once and for all. WeI don't want that guy anywhere near the Olympics 2014!

Shanny: Go Canada! When you play Boston, make sure you take care of Thomas once and for all.

Jordan: But, Shanny! Those Bruins are tough! They won't just push and shove and give me a few love taps, they will beat the ###### out of me! I could really get hurt! The Sabres are a bunch of pansies, but those Bruins are bad ass!

Shanny: You have to do it - Your country is counting on you. Those stupid Americans won't even get to the medal round without Miller and Thomas in net. The Gold Medal is ours! Go Canada, Eh?

Jordan: Go Canada!

I'm really tryng to rack my brain why he should be suspended at all and I can't come up with anything. He got 5 and a game. That's the penalty for charging the goalie.

he left his feet. he didn't just "charge" miller. he literally dove into him. that should be 5.

I'm with you. I didn't think the Lucic hit deserved suplimental discipline and I'm not convinced the Tootoo hit warrants supplimental discipline either.

I do not see his name on Boston's roster so my guess would be, given there was no serious injury, as in Chara's cheap shot or Lucic's run at Miller, he gets suspended for three games. He plays for the wrong team and is not enough of a thug to escape suspension.

I can't stand Tootoo, but I feel like if he gets suspended it will be for what Lucic did, not for what he did.

I see it more of a combination of the two events. Tootoo would be disciplined either way I think, but I believe whatever he gets is more severe than what he would get without the Lucic event. even the 5/game if that's all.

I'm with you. I didn't think the Lucic hit deserved suplimental discipline and I'm not convinced the Tootoo hit warrants supplimental discipline either.

To me it comes down to whether the NHL wants to get rid of this type of hit. If they want to get rid of these hits (like they've decided to do with head shots), Tootoo will be suspended, as will those committing similar infractions. The word coming out of the recent GMs meeting was that the NHL does indeed want to get rid of these hits, so I expect a suspension for Tootoo. Not sure how long it will be, but Tootoo has always been a cheap shot artist so this is an opportunity for the NHL to make a statement about these hits.

What do you think this, a choose your own adventure book?

Here it is with an alternate ending:

Shanny: Go Canada! When you play Boston, make sure you take care of Thomas once and for all.

Jordan: But, Shanny! Those Bruins are tough! They won't just push and shove and give me a few love taps, they will beat the ###### out of me! I could really get hurt! The Sabres are a bunch of pansies, but those Bruins are bad ass!

Shanny: You have to do it - Your country is counting on you. Those stupid Americans won't even get to the medal round without Miller and Thomas in net. The Gold Medal is ours! Go Canada, Eh?

Jordan: Go Canada!

Much better! :thumbsup:

Archived