Tootoo's Hearing today 12/5/11

Iron Crotch

I really hate this saying... how does one leave their feet??? UGH!!! He left the ice... his feet went with him I'm pretty sure.

right. let's argue semantics. you know precisely what i meant. did i mean his feet literally seceded from his body and went on their merry way? no. i meant that his feet left the ice, and i'm willing to bet everyone else who read my post understood what i meant.

right. let's argue semantics. you know precisely what i meant. did i mean his feet literally seceded from his body and went on their merry way? no. i meant that his feet left the ice, and i'm willing to bet everyone else who read my post understood what i meant.

I was happy for the translation as I had originally thought you meant he had experienced a 1/10th out-of-body experience in the goal crease.

I was happy for the translation as I had originally thought you meant he had experienced a 1/10th out-of-body experience in the goal crease.

:w00t: :w00t:

Isn't it the phrase tho? the generally commonly accepted phrase? :doh:

I didn't say I didn't understand it, I said I hate the saying... no matter who says. Chill out man.... we all know his feet didn't leave his body... but if you meant left the ice... why not say it? Cripes! Chill pill time... then take a nap

Bottom line...If you can't get to the front of the net without hitting the goalie, you are in the wrong. In the case of Tootoo, it was 100% intentional. In the case of Booth, the dman had the angle preventing Booth from going to the front of the net. He then had three choices...run into the goalie,stop short of the goalie, or go behind the net.

You'd better not say Miller stood on his head last night :doh:

Tootoo gets ........................

Nothing tonight. They'll announce it in the morning I'm told.

maybe need time to make a Shannyvid to show one way or the other.

They probably want to make sure Bettman calls Lindy first to explain why no suspension. Calm him down a little before announcing it.

Hello Jordan, so how are you feeling today. I most certainly hope you did not hurt yourself , trust me after the Lucic incident we in hockey rules management are well aware now of the dastardly tactics being employed upon you most noble young men , clearly this Mr. Miller (Cryan Miller.. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha....) (oh, oh didnt say that Jordan... lol) does need be sent a message. Would you accept a personal apology for he getting in your way , and perhaps me issuing a healthy fine to be paid the the players club zanzabar holiday fund.....

Clearly if this were to ever happen again Ryan must understand the recriminations will be enormous and most impact full the only solution he being sent to play for the Toronto Maple Leafs for the remainder of his career.....

Hello Jordan, so how are you feeling today. I most certainly hope you did not hurt yourself , trust me after the Lucic incident we in hockey rules management are well aware now of the dastardly tactics being employed upon you most noble young men , clearly this Mr. Miller (Cryan Miller.. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha....) (oh, oh didnt say that Jordan... lol) does need be sent a message. Would you accept a personal apology for he getting in your way , and perhaps me issuing a healthy fine to be paid the the players club zanzabar holiday fund.....

Clearly if this were to ever happen again Ryan must understand the recriminations will be enormous and most impact full the only solution he being sent to play for the Toronto Maple Leafs for the remainder of his career.....

:)

I wonder to myself if there is any way a player comes in like that in the days of the fixed goal moorings. Players found a way to stop.

:)

I wonder to myself if there is any way a player comes in like that in the days of the fixed goal moorings. Players found a way to stop.

i guess its silliness me talking given i am learning the game in the forties, but it was always sticks on the ice, give it all you have while on the ice, play hard, play tough but respect the other. Folks didn't need a lights and laser show to understand what that meant. I do suspect a culture that is me first and equipment that allows for a more fearless play allows for the crap we see now.

i guess its silliness me talking given i am learning the game in the forties, but it was always sticks on the ice, give it all you have while on the ice, play hard, play tough but respect the other. Folks didn't need a lights and laser show to understand what that meant. I do suspect a culture that is me first and equipment that allows for a more fearless play allows for the crap we see now.

You just named culprits 1 and 1A, and I'm not sure in which order.

Not that it means much, but Tootoo is on the ice for morning practice.

Are they actually going to announce whether he's suspended or not anytime soon?

the way it's looking, he won't be suspended. If he were to be suspended, they would've announced it already to give them (the Preds) time to call someone up to replace him, no?

Archived