Flyers bring game to a complete standstill.....twice,

bob_sauve28

The Philly tampa game tonight is a funny one. The flyers are refusing to take the puck out of their zone if Tampa is just going to stay back and not forecheck. The refs are just blowing the whistle and facing off in the Philly zone

This is pretty wild.. I've never seen this done before..

The Philly tampa game tonight is a funny one. The flyers are refusing to take the puck out of their zone if Tampa is just going to stay back and not forecheck. The refs are just blowing the whistle and facing off in the Philly zone

Good for Lavoilette ( sorry/spelling ). As they said on tsn he's doing it in Tampa to prove a point. Its so friggin boring to watch Tampas trap and frankly I'm sick of it. Hopefully other coaches will employ this especially after getting a lead and maybe the league will get the hint.

Good for Lavoilette ( sorry/spelling ). As they said on tsn he's doing it in Tampa to prove a point. Its so friggin boring to watch Tampas trap and frankly I'm sick of it. Hopefully other coaches will employ this especially after getting a lead and maybe the league will get the hint.

I was thinking the same thing.

I could hug the guy. (which is saying a lot). Teams trapping with no pressure on the puck at home during 0-0 ties in the first is killing hockey.

Those 30-40 second stretches have shown just what it is.

I hope every team that goes to tampa does it.

I could hug the guy. (which is saying a lot). Teams trapping with no pressure on the puck at home during 0-0 ties in the first is killing hockey.

Those 30-40 second stretches have shown just what it is.

I hope every team that goes to tampa does it.

I know the sentiment is genuine, but if every team did what Philly is doing, that will kill hockey.

I know the sentiment is genuine, but if every team did what Philly is doing, that will kill hockey.

The old adage - you play for 2 points at home and 1 on the road is at work here.

You show everyone in Tampa they are playing for a point at home. That's what you are paying to see folks.

If I'm the road team I do that all game.

Matt Barnaby twitter.. :)

I would do the same as the Flyers. Make a joke out of this game. Its a joke. On a good note I can still play in nhl at that pace!

http://twitter.com/#!/MattBarnabyESPN

NHL Players are totally piling on on Twitter.

Paul Bissonette...

Tampa Bay Lightning are chipping away at our escrow 1-3-1 at a time :lol:

Ya know, if they had an NBA sort of rule last year, like they are talking about here, we might not have made the playoffs last year.

Buffalo trapped a little bit...but only with a lead.

Trapping 0-0 with no score and no puck pressure? Well, it sucks.

I'm not sure if it needs a rule, but if Buffalo did it it at home in the first with no lead I would be the first to boo them.

Buffalo trapped a little bit...but only with a lead.

Trapping 0-0 with no score and no puck pressure? Well, it sucks.

I'm not sure if it needs a rule, but if Buffalo did it it at home in the first with no lead I would be the first to boo them.

I was just kidding. I meant the game at the end of the season we played against Philly that was tied and they let us run the clock out.

Ya know, if they had an NBA sort of rule last year, like they are talking about here, we might not have made the playoffs last year.

The Sabs might have won it all with such a rule. That 1-3-1 kills our favorite team.

You gotta give Laviolette credit, he's a clever guy who knows how to push buttons. I can't say I don't wish Lindy had come up with that first.

So much agreed.

You gotta give Laviolette credit, he's a clever guy who knows how to push buttons. I can't say I don't wish Lindy had come up with that first.

Laviollette is as married to his systems as anybody...but really his problem is that as good as his team is once in the offensive zone...they struggle in the neutral zone and with entries. Except for Timmonen nobody generates much speed on the back end...and indeed Philly can get bottled up in a neutral zone trap.

Laviollette is as married to his systems as anybody...but really his problem is that as good as his team is once in the offensive zone...they struggle in the neutral zone and with entries. Except for Timmonen nobody generates much speed on the back end...and indeed Philly can get bottled up in a neutral zone trap.

Necessity is the mother of invention. Well, thats what my avatar likes to say. ;)

Archived