GDT: Ducks at Sabres 10/07/2011 7:00PM

Eleven

Not sure if it was them, or us, but the Ducks top line sucked today.However you slice it, good start for our new shutdown pair against one of the league's best line.Regehr was everything I had hoped.

I was not sure abour Regehr in preseason, but in this game he was huge. He blocked a lot shots and passes and he showed who is the king in our crease.

Last period was too defensively oriented for me. Maybe they tried to save some gas for tomorrow. On two shots the ducks hit some metal, so Millers magic powers seem to work.

By the way Kings won in OT.

It will be a big game tomorrow too.

Observations:

5. Adam is making 3 good lines possible. Real balance is hard to defend.

Woo-hoo!

Not sure which line is our third line, but it will be better than the other team's third line most nights.

Maybe more importantly, it will be a load for the other side's third pair on D.

First two periods we spent a lot of time in the Ducks' zone. Forecheck was working awesome.

I was not sure abour Regehr in preseason, but in this game he was huge. He blocked a lot shots and passes and he showed who is the king in our crease.

Last period was too defensively oriented for me. Maybe they tried to save some gas for tomorrow. On two shots the ducks hit some metal, so Millers magic powers seem to work.

By the way Kings won in OT.

It will be a big game tomorrow too.

This is working out to be like a European "Beanpot" with the two winning teams facing off Saturday.

PTR

Not sure which line is our third line, but it will be better than the other team's third line most nights.

Maybe more importantly, it will be a load for the other side's third pair on D.

First two periods we spent a lot of time in the Ducks' zone. Forecheck was working awesome.

I am not sure which line is which but that is for the other team's coach to figure out. Three lines that can all score, play decent defense, and a reasonable 4th line line is awesome. The defense minutes were reasonably spread out, too. The NHL season is a marathon, not a sprint. The playoffs are worse. If Enroth plays well we have awesome depth.

PP and PK were good, too.

You know, I hear that a lot, but how does that jive with the idea that your third line is your checking line, designed to be put out and neutralize the other team's best line? If the other team using the old school lines of scoring, scoring, checking, energy, then your third line won't see their third line.

Anyway, good game today. They had early season mistakes, but pretty much dominated offensively. There were so many times that it seemed like the Sabres were playing a game "who's next?" when it came to shooting at Hiller (obviously, third period aside.)

I live in socal and not only was the game blacked out, it was advertised for the wrong time. I turned on wgr 550 thinking it was the beginning only to hear "sabres win 4-1". Happy for the win but pissed I missed it. Dish network says the league makes the decision to black out for monetary purpose. I hate Gary Bettman and want to punch him in his fat face.

Archived