Weber and McCormick need to be in the lineup EVERY night

LabattBlue

I see it as a pretty easy decision between Grags and Weber.. LR's done it before. He'll play Weber when he needs more beef and Grags when he needs more speed.

This seems to be the general consensus. Sekera is a given, it'll alternate between those two. It won't be long before someone is out for a few games and their both in though.

I think Weber is a much better defender than Sekera or MAG and has a great deal of speed (not blazing but pretty decent). Weber blocks shots, hits, and does not make a lot of mistakes so.. Id rather have Weber in the lineup over Sekera and MAG, just IMHO.

Sekera keeps reminding me that I was an idiot for not liking him. And Grags seems to be doing just fine. Weber is where he belongs right now, waiting in the wings.

Lindy is making the right call on D. I've always liked Sekera, it was the MAGS/Weber decision that I was wondering about. But remember MAGS must play 58 games this year or he's a UFA - perhaps that had something to do with Lindy's decision as well.

Lindy is making the right call on D. I've always liked Sekera, it was the MAGS/Weber decision that I was wondering about. But remember MAGS must play 58 games this year or he's a UFA - perhaps that had something to do with Lindy's decision as well.

Good post.

True :thumbsup:

I think Weber is a much better defender than Sekera or MAG and has a great deal of speed (not blazing but pretty decent). Weber blocks shots, hits, and does not make a lot of mistakes so.. Id rather have Weber in the lineup over Sekera and MAG, just IMHO.

I'm on the fence about this, but I think that I agree with you. Not about Sekera, but about MAG. Grags has played a great first couple of games, but if his play starts slacking I'll be excited to have Weber back in. Weber is a good stay at home D-man on a team full of fast, offensive D-men. He also clobbers people off of Miller, so that's a good thing to have around.

I honestly don't think Ruff is concerned, because if he deserves to stay, they will find a way to sign him.

As for the debate at hand, i am a big Mike Weber fan, but it's going to be hard for him to get into the lineup. Gragnani needs to play, he's shown this the last two games and last year. He's a very smooth skater, his hockey iq is very high, he doesn't panic at all with the puck, Ruff has him out there on PPs and end of the game situations and he is just calm.

If it was a very close separation between Weber and MAG, then we would have seen Weber in atleast one of the last two games, because the Ducks and Kings both are pretty big teams and are physical. It turns out Ruff didn't think we needed the extra "beef" and wasn't enough of a reason to sit Gragnani down.

I honestly don't think Ruff is concerned, because if he deserves to stay, they will find a way to sign him.

As for the debate at hand, i am a big Mike Weber fan, but it's going to be hard for him to get into the lineup. Gragnani needs to play, he's shown this the last two games and last year. He's a very smooth skater, his hockey iq is very high, he doesn't panic at all with the puck, Ruff has him out there on PPs and end of the game situations and he is just calm.

If it was a very close separation between Weber and MAG, then we would have seen Weber in atleast one of the last two games, because the Ducks and Kings both are pretty big teams and are physical. It turns out Ruff didn't think we needed the extra "beef" and wasn't enough of a reason to sit Gragnani down.

But if MAG doesn't get his 58 games, his decision to stay or leave might not be about money but a chance to play.

I gave you +1 just because ...

But I do not think that Regehr will be done in 2 years.

he will be done for the sabres simply because we have about 3-5NHL defensemen in the line that can replace in 2 years.. I like regehr but if it comes down to keep Weber or Keep Regehr Id rather have Weber for age reasons, hopefully we have a cup by then or Regehr is willing to take a cap friendly deal... its two years away I am not concerned about it now

he will be done for the sabres simply because we have about 3-5NHL defensemen in the line that can replace in 2 years.. I like regehr but if it comes down to keep Weber or Keep Regehr Id rather have Weber for age reasons, hopefully we have a cup by then or Regehr is willing to take a cap friendly deal... its two years away I am not concerned about it now

A little too soon to say how all this works out.

Brennan, Schiestel, Biega, and Persson are all RFA's after this year.

Another +1 ...

I would agree if it was a choice between Weber and Regehr in two years I would take Weber.

I really do think that Regehr will be extended for two more years sometime this season, or next summer. For a cap friendly amount.

And the phantom LGR fanboi comes out of hiding !!

:P

:lol: :lol:

oy vay.

Anyways. Lindy made the comment post game (I think 1st game) that he thought MAG was the best passer on the team. period. It's not wonder the kid made it over Weber. If Lindy is this high on him, Weber is fighting an uphill battle.

Honestly, I prefer MAG because of his poise and puck control.

:lol: :lol:

oy vay.

Anyways. Lindy made the comment post game (I think 1st game) that he thought MAG was the best passer on the team. period. It's not wonder the kid made it over Weber. If Lindy is this high on him, Weber is fighting an uphill battle.

Honestly, I prefer MAG because of his poise and puck control.

I would b happy if regehr got resigned for another 2 years, i like him. As for Weber, you will all want him at his best once the postseason hits because thats where I think his value lies. Teams tighten up and get really physical and Weber showed last postseason he can play under that pressure. I like Weber a lot and I think the true decision for the future needs to be Sekera or MAG because we need a shutdown guy like Weber but maybe he is just 2 one dimensional in this day and age... also is he injured? thats what the official roster said.

Lol, thank you NS at least you are letting people know that its not just korab +1 everything for his own amusment

I would b happy if regehr got resigned for another 2 years, i like him. As for Weber, you will all want him at his best once the postseason hits because thats where I think his value lies. Teams tighten up and get really physical and Weber showed last postseason he can play under that pressure. I like Weber a lot and I think the true decision for the future needs to be Sekera or MAG because we need a shutdown guy like Weber but maybe he is just 2 one dimensional in this day and age... also is he injured? thats what the official roster said.

Lol, thank you NS at least you are letting people know that its not just korab +1 everything for his own amusment

It's not just for my own amusement either ...

I like what you have to say and from what I have read (prior to signing up on the board and since) I believe your negative rating is a bumb rap ... someone(s) where giving you -1s for their own amusement, back in the day.

If I were not going to be in BiH for 2 months I would have you in positive terrritory by Thanksgiving ...

Today is our (Canadian) Thanksgiving ... so, Happy Thanksgiving everyone ... and Columbus Day, too!!

I think this will be Weber's true use in the playoffs as our high flying team needs to tighten up a bit.

Another poster mentioned that MAG needs to hit 50 something games in order to retain RFA status, so that might be a serious consideration between the two defensemen. Until injuries occur of course :unsure:

A little too soon to say how all this works out.

Brennan, Schiestel, Biega, and Persson are all RFA's after this year.

With even more bodies waiting in the wings. This blue line depth is very nice to have. It's a pretty safe bet that if any prospects are sent packing in trades, they're going to come out of that group. After the Regehr deal, I could almost see Darcy landing something of value for Persson. :o

Archived