Sabres Intro Song

spndnchz

Flogging Molly(and other assorted celtic/punk/irish/rockness) is an option here too. Only thing is its starting to get over used and become just another arena rock style. Too bad.

And this is sort of my point. Every other arena plays rock music for their entrances. Why can't we be different and traditional all at the same time? You can't tell me Sabre Dance wouldn't give you goosebumps.

i saw in the twittersphere that white at GR is pushing for street fighting man by the stones.

i'd be fine with that.

i also understand people saying that it should be the sabre dance. i think that has a place in the pre-game festivities, but the "lights dim, get jacked up folks" part of the intro should have something with a backbeat. and street fighting man, followed by some sabre dance prior to the anthems would be fine.

come to think of it, that's what they've done in the past.

:ph34r:

Flogging Molly(and other assorted celtic/punk/irish/rockness) is an option here too. Only thing is its starting to get over used and become just another arena rock style. Too bad.

I like the song Salty Dog but most of that irish type stuff reminds me too much of all those Massholes in Boston.

I vote for Slayer's Raining Blood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KsPZ1f7MDs

The lights go down.

The intro song starts.

Fans rise to their feet.

Replays from last year seen on the jumbotron.

The Sabres flag gets passed around.

The new Sabres take the ice.

The Star Spangled Banner is sung by Dougie.

"Let's Go Buff-A-Lo" chant starts.

No one sits until...

The puck is dropped.

Hello 2011-12. Nice to have you here it is.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.