Sabres Intro Song

spndnchz

Sabre Dance??? Please NOOOOOO!

It's old, outdated, uninspiring and creates about as much excitement as watching the Bill's offense. Those wanting Sabre Dance are too attached to the name vs. how dull & boring the song actually is.

I'm thinking outside the box here so bear with me a second. Not only has the Sabre Dance become an tired, old cliche, but the Sabres have become a tired organization. The way the Sabres came into existence was the first owners, lacking a coherent vision of their own, threw it open to the fans to name the organization. Fans flooded the organization with names.

The favorite I remembered was the Buffalo Veni Vidi Vicis...

So around this one fan's annonymous concept sprung a conservative and boring organization with dull packaging and different gimmicks, like The Sabre Dance, Sabre Tooth, and other things that made up the Sabres identity.

I'd like a professional repackaging of the Sabres. Throw out the Sabres and start from scratch. The Buffalo Sabres as an organization is a dead end.

Edited by 716

I'm going to throw out a different idea.

If we keep playing all these upbeat songs and the Sabres come out lifeless... then why not play a lifeless song and see if they get fired up. In fact, perhaps we should stream elevator muzak to the Sabres bench until they score a goal. Then we can up to the local soft rock station until they score another. If they do that they get smooth jazz, until the third goal is scored.

They can continue working up to some really upbeat music by the time they get to goal 6...

Who would be more motivated to score than a team forced to listen to Yanni and Kenny G?

I'm going to throw out a different idea.

If we keep playing all these upbeat songs and the Sabres come out lifeless... then why not play a lifeless song and see if they get fired up. In fact, perhaps we should stream elevator muzak to the Sabres bench until they score a goal. Then we can up to the local soft rock station until they score another. If they do that they get smooth jazz, until the third goal is scored.

They can continue working up to some really upbeat music by the time they get to goal 6...

Who would be more motivated to score than a team forced to listen to Yanni and Kenny G?

I think you're on to something here

I bet this is one of Millsie's favorites:

LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA

Zombie Khachaturian gonna be pissed.

edit: Did I just break the board?

• 3 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.