Slug Appreciation Day

\GoBillsInDallas/

Just watched that channel 4 video again.

- Two people who hate hate hate hate hate the slug, but they have that hated slug merchandise to trade in. It just sounded funny.

- The guy who got $500 of merchandise for $200. I guess he was never good with math. :lol:

It's the opposite of SIMS - the uneducated consumer is their best customer.

- Two people who hate hate hate hate hate the slug, but they have that hated slug merchandise to trade in. It just sounded funny.

- The guy who got $500 of merchandise for $200. I guess he was never good with math. :lol:

lmao yes. Thats classic.

I hated the slug, but i have 2 slug jerseys, Vanek and Stafford. It was what it was, they wore it, i supported it.

As for slug day, i bought a hat and a white Ennis jersey. Sweeeeeet.

Absolutely not. It rewards those of us who stuck with Buffalo and are building it up.

Plus, if you can make the trip from NH for a Bills game, you can make it for a Sabres game.

part of me wants to rip you apart for that "stuck with buffalo" statement.

the other part of me really can't argue.

I was thinking the same exact thing. The revisionist history with that logo is hilarious.

Said hi to Ted Black while I was waiting in the jersey rain check line in the 2nd intermission. He commented about how much he needed a Red Bull right about now...It was definitely a zoo. I would not have been able to get in to the store during the first intermission. Of course, I missed the first 6 minutes of the third and missed the two goals...At least I saw the empty netter and felt the horn for the first time this season. It didn't feel as cold in the arena as it has been the last few years. Perhaps with the new ice system they can ensure decent conditions without needing to freeze out the fans. A bit of cosmetic changes in the arena and a few new items in the concessions, but it seems like a lot more window dressing. The line ups were long to check out the new set up for the lockerrooms as well. Good to get back to a game. Only 5 for me this year, but maybe more in the playoffs. I went to all those games in their runs up to 2007.

I was thinking the same exact thing. The revisionist history with that logo is hilarious.

I hated that logo as much as anyone, but I could have worn an authentic jersey, a t-shirt, and a sweatshirt with that logo. The jersey was for my collection (I want one of every jersey), the t-shirt was a gift, and the sweatshirt was pretty nice in spite of the small slug (plus, I wear it under my current home jersey.) So, it may not be revisionist history for them, either. Not to mention that some people would buy it despite hating it because it was the current logo of the team on the ice.

I don't think it's revisionist history really *if* you keep the slug in context. It was a return to the blue and gold that really got everybody fired up. If I remember correctly the slug had plenty of criticism when it was unveiled but there was a large amount of excitement over the return of the blue and gold. And folks snapped up the gear accordingly. I doubt anyone expected a return to the buffalo and crossed swords so soon. And as soon as the buffalo returned the slug was doomed to be discarded.

Hate is way too strong of a word here. It's all a matter of semantics, but there's a big line between hating something and not liking it.

Oh, no, I truly hate it. I cringe whenever I see it. Fortunately, it was on a pretty nice jersey at home, so they weren't awful, but it was showcased on the aways, which I consider to be one of the worst jerseys in hockey ... ever. *Paging the Gorton's fisherman for a showdown*

FWIW - I never bought anything with the slug. Just couldn't.

Now all my old merchandise is current again. :lol:

(I never owned anything with the goathead either)

Wow, 15 years of not buying any new gear? That's impressive. How much throwback gear did you pick up over that period?

Wow, 15 years of not buying any new gear? That's impressive. How much throwback gear did you pick up over that period?

Funny, I never thought of it that way.

I think I got an old logo hat out of beer case of Blue.

Although I did buy some Goathead stuff for nieces and nephews. I guess I'm not a big sports merchandise consumer. Even my Bills hat is 22 years old, but it looks brand new. :D

Archived