Who are you most confident about having a very good year?

nfreeman

Who are you counting on?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. A lot of Sabres are capable of really good years. However, there aren't many (if any) who you can be sure of. For 2011-12, who are you most confident will have a season (including playoffs) that you would grade at A-minus or bett...

• Vanek
    • Stafford
    • Leino
    • Roy
    • Ennis
    • Boyes
    • Pommer
    • Gerbe
    • Myers
    • Ehrhoff
    • Regehr
    • Miller

For me, it's Miller or Myers. After the last 2 playoffs I still can't trust any of the forwards as much as those 2. But I kinda think Stafford, Vanek, Leino, Gerbe and maybe Ennis will earn it this year.

I chose Miller.

Edit: for some reason, I can't make the poll question appear in full. The question is who are you most confident will produce a season (including playoffs) that you would grade at A-minus or better?

Benedict is on the money as usual. 1) Vanek because of the improved pp with Erhoff and Leino , Miller because of the improved d (hopefully). Ennis scores 27,and the sleeper ....Kotilik scores 20 . Grags in a partial year puts up 35 pts..I do not expect Myers to improve on his numbers from last year. It will be interesting to see who Lindy pairs him up with!

I think the person that will benefit most from Erhoff's shot, and Leino's possessions will be Vanek.

This makes a lot of sense (and I really hope you're right!) but for me to pick Vanek I first need to see Leino and him on the ice together.

Miller. I just think it makes sense that he stands to benefit the most from a re-tooled defense.

GO SABRES!!!

This is why I chose Miller. I also think his play will benefit from Enroth due to (i) more rest and (ii) being PO'd about sitting a bit more than he wants.

Benedict is on the money as usual. 1) Vanek because of the improved pp with Erhoff and Leino, Miller because of the improved d (hopefully).Ennis,and the sleeper ....Kotilik scores 20 ..I do not expect Myers to improve on his numbers from last year..

You are joking, yes? If not, this would be the biggest shocker since...I can't think of anything comparable.

You are joking, yes? If not, this would be the biggest shocker since...I can't think of anything comparable.

:D He makes the team and scores 10-15 playing on the second pp unit and mixing in ocassionally on the one. The other five to ten come 5x5 off the third and fourth lines :) A blind Kotilik is ten times better at putting the puck on net on the pp than five Tyler Myers with 20-10 vision in both eyes. Where is my beer, its the 1st of september and i can'nt find my disco biscuits.

Since I dont see this question solely as one guy, Leino, Erhoff, Regehr, Myers are locks.

Vanek, Miller and Staff should be right there too.

Oh my this is going to be a fun season!

p.s. I love waldo's Kotalik inclusion. That will be a great ending to his career if he can come back here and contribute 20 plus again and win a cup!

I think ennis drops 60pts+ because he will be on a line with pominboysford and Leino/Roy which will be a great improvement over TC or Hecht or Boyes or whomever else centered that line at various times last year. Also Tyler Myers will get about 15g and 30a so I think he hits the 40-50pt mark this season and continues to develop his mean streak.

Finally even though they are not on the list, Mike Weber should have a stand out performance as a beast of a defender this season. Time shall tell but I wish it was the 19th and I am very interested to see Leino play because hes is the big 4.5million dollar question mark.

I think Vanek is WAYYYY overdue to get the numbers he deserves based on the way he's been playing. I think he busted his butt all last year and couldn't get any breaks. The way he played and the opportunities he got, I think he was deserving of a 40 goal season. Stafford ended up getting all the breaks Vanek didn't get. I think if he stays healthy he'll finally get the breaks he hasn't been getting and if he stays healthy he should easily have a 40 goal season.

I think ennis drops 60pts+ because he will be on a line with pominboysford and Leino/Roy which will be a great improvement over TC or Hecht or Boyes or whomever else centered that line at various times last year.

My money is on Ennis playing on a line with Boyes, and Pommer is on the 3rd line with Hecht. Still, I think Ennis improves his point totals this year.

• 4 months later...

Since I dont see this question solely as one guy, Leino, Erhoff, Regehr, Myers are locks.

Vanek, Miller and Staff should be right there too.

Oh my this is going to be a fun season!

p.s.

I love waldo's Kotalik inclusion. That will be a

great ending to his career if he can come back

here and contribute 20 plus again and win a

cup!

Now this is comedy. (not picking on you)

Archived