[OT] *Other* alcoholic beverages

Weave

Try a Rusty Nail sometime - definitely a winter drink, end of the night kind of thing.

Equal parts scotch and Drambuie. Takes a couple to get used to the taste, but they grow on you.

And if you are in the Keys, you have to go to the open air bar near the top of Duval street right next to the tree that Hemingway pissed on one time. There is a bartender there from Binghamton - he makes the most amazing rum runners. A pitcher of them is like $40.00, but he fills the straws with and gives you a floater of 151, so it is all worthwhile.

Would that be the Hog's Breath Saloon? I have imbibed there, but did not know about the Barkeep from Binghamton. Dang, I guess I'll have to make another trip down there.....

Would that be the Hog's Breath Saloon? I have imbibed there, but did not know about the Barkeep from Binghamton. Dang, I guess I'll have to make another trip down there.....

No, not hogs breath. Its down the street a little ways. There is an arcade next to it.

During my Pantera phase, I was big into 'black tooth grins'. A shot of crown with a splash of coke. It was dimebags drink of choice, and I can see why, good stuff.

What is the Coke bringing to the table other than taking up space that could be used for more Crown? (I generally stay out of these threads as I apparently have simple tastes and don't have the range to hang, but I love me some shots of Crown.)

What is the Coke bringing to the table other than taking up space that could be used for more Crown? (I generally stay out of these threads as I apparently have simple tastes and don't have the range to hang, but I love me some shots of Crown.)

A little smoother & sweeter. Don't get me wrong, I'll take straight Crown any day of the week. It was just something I grabbed onto for a brief period of time.

A couple friends and I used to do victory shots after games at the Bills bar out here. Needless to say, I don't drink crown very often.

Time to revive this thread - lots or margarita talk, so here is my recipe. WARNING: you need a very large blender or consider making a half batch.

Empty one can of limeaid into your blender.

Fill the limeaid container with tequila and add to blender (any tequila will do - Cuervo gold works just fine).

Add one bottle of Corona or other similar Mexican beer to the blender.

Add one can of 7-up or sprite to the blender.

Add ice if desired, and pulse the blender. WARNING: there is a lot of carbonation in the pitcher - pulse gently or you will make a mess.

Pour in a salt rimmed glass over ice. Consume in large quantities, and get naked. :thumbsup:

i owe korab again - for reviving this thread. i was on vacation when it came around.

cheers, mate. :beer:

During my Pantera phase, I was big into 'black tooth grins'. A shot of crown with a splash of coke. It was dimebags drink of choice, and I can see why, good stuff.

black tooth grin - i like it. but i agree - crown is fine all on its own.

speaking of crown, and with apologies to chz and bio and any other ladies hereon, i lived almost 40 years before hearing the expression "passed around like a bottle of crown" to describe a promiscuous young lady. misogynistic and chauvinistic, yes - but there's real poetry there.

A couple friends and I used to do victory shots after games at the Bills bar out here. Needless to say, I don't drink crown very often.

:cry:

but i say do 'em anyway.

Time to revive this thread - lots or margarita talk, so here is my recipe. WARNING: you need a very large blender or consider making a half batch.

Empty one can of limeaid into your blender.

Fill the limeaid container with tequila and add to blender (any tequila will do - Cuervo gold works just fine).

Add one bottle of Corona or other similar Mexican beer to the blender.

Add one can of 7-up or sprite to the blender.

Add ice if desired, and pulse the blender. WARNING: there is a lot of carbonation in the pitcher - pulse gently or you will make a mess.

Pour in a salt rimmed glass over ice. Consume in large quantities, and get naked. :thumbsup:

I've heard of folks using beer in margaritas. Never actually tried one that way though.

i owe korab again - for reviving this thread. i was on vacation when it came around.

cheers, mate. :beer:

Right back atcha :beer:

I've heard of folks using beer in margaritas. Never actually tried one that way though.

I've actually never heard of that before. Sounds interesting.

Its different, but quite tasty. Tequila and beer compliment each other well. There are beach bars that serve "loaded beers" a mexican style beer like corona or landshark with a shot of tequila, or even bacardi limon, poured in the neck. Very tasty, but they will sneak up on you in a hurry.

Right back atcha :beer:

Its different, but quite tasty. Tequila and beer compliment each other well. There are beach bars that serve "loaded beers" a mexican style beer like corona or landshark with a shot of tequila, or even bacardi limon, poured in the neck. Very tasty, but they will sneak up on you in a hurry.

I have a suspicion that I will have to try your landshark/Jose combo this Bills' season. (Notice, I don't say 'football season' as I don't give a rat's rear end about any of the other teams. Though, I was pleased to see my second by a mile team, the Saints, win it a couple of years back after the Bills had missed the playoffs for, what, the 39th time in a row or so?)

The landsharks were my 'football' beer 1st 1/2 of last year. I might need the industrial strength version this year. ;)

Anybody know how Jose poured in a Sammy Light tastes?

I have a suspicion that I will have to try your landshark/Jose combo this Bills' season. (Notice, I don't say 'football season' as I don't give a rat's rear end about any of the other teams. Though, I was pleased to see my second by a mile team, the Saints, win it a couple of years back after the Bills had missed the playoffs for, what, the 39th time in a row or so?)

The landsharks were my 'football' beer 1st 1/2 of last year. I might need the industrial strength version this year. ;)

Anybody know how Jose poured in a Sammy Light tastes?

Personally, I prefer the bacardi limon over the Jose - gives it a hint of lime flavor. Use the thumb plunger and invert the bottle like you would with a lime. You may want to add a lime after taking a sip depending on your tolerance.

I've never done it, but I can't imagine Cuervo in a Sam Adams Light would taste good at all.

Personally, I prefer the bacardi limon over the Jose - gives it a hint of lime flavor. Use the thumb plunger and invert the bottle like you would with a lime. You may want to add a lime after taking a sip depending on your tolerance.

I've never done it, but I can't imagine Cuervo in a Sam Adams Light would taste good at all.

Yeah, I don't see that one working.

For a simple margarita with real low sugar try this:

4 oz. decent tequila

squeeze juice of one lime into it.

squeeze juice of 1/4-1/2 orange into it depending on taste, and shake.

Salt a glass, add ice, and pour the liquid in.

after the first one, adjust or eliminate juice as you see fit. I like it with just a hint of orange, or none at all. Too much orange reminds me of a tequila sunrise and that damn eagles song.

Another favorite summer drink of mine is stoli ohranj and tonic. Grab a glass, fill it with ice, almost fill it with Stoli Ohranj, preferably out of the freezer, add a splash of GOOD tonic like Q-tonic and an ohranj slice. I suggest using a large glass. Enjoy watching the ohranj slices accumulate the rest of the day.

Another great summer drink, but no name for it.

Make a pitcher of lemonade flavored crystal light. Get a bottle of firefly vodka (it's ice tea flavored vodka).

Pour the firefly over ice, and add crystal light.

If you are taking these on the road, use bottled water to make the crystal light, and pour the concoction back into the water bottles - you can keep them right in your cooler. They taste like Arnold Palmers with a kick.

Archived