The Official Beer Appreciation Thread

Weave

I've seen the Saranac 12 packs of cans down here.

New Belgium, Sierra Nevada, Sam Adams, Terrapin, plus a few of the local breweries near me in NC are in on the cans now.

I'll submit Sierra Nevada Pale Ale in a can as a fine summer brew, but I also have been known to down an ice cold PBR after mowing the lawn when it's 90 degrees.

Ain't nothing wrong with a few cold PBRs.

I'll submit Sierra Nevada Pale Ale in a can as a fine summer brew, but I also have been known to down an ice cold PBR after mowing the lawn when it's 90 degrees.

That is my true session beer, and love it in the cans. $13.99 a twelve at Total Wine is a damn fine price as well.

I always prefer cans , easier in so many ways than bottles.

I believe Bells canning line should be up and running soon

Two Hearted and Oberon i believe

Two reasons for my post

1) had Goose Island Matilda on draft last night. Bartender said was a Farmhouse Ale, and I figured was guan be light in color and taste similar to a Saison. Came out darker in color, tasted like a very nice saison, and I really liked it, and lets just say had more than one but less than 10.

2) when I googled it, this Beer Advocate page came up. Do people really drink beer and taste all this stuff? Do these guys even enjoy a beer or are they just trying to sound cool? Read like the first 6 reviews, just crazy

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1146/4318/

Musty blanket ..bruised golden apple...I mean WTF do those even taste like?

Edited by plenzmd1

Two reasons for my post

1) had Goose Island Matilda on draft last night. Bartender said was a Farmhouse Ale, and I figured was guan be light in color and taste similar to a Saison. Came out darker in color, tasted like a very nice saison, and I really liked it, and lets just say had more than one but less than 10.

2) when I googled it, this Beer Advocate page came up. Do people really drink beer and taste all this stuff? Do these guys even enjoy a beer or are they just trying to sound cool? Read like the first 6 reviews, just crazy

http://www.beeradvoc...file/1146/4318/

I've never been sure if any of these people know what the hell they're talking about. I can tell you floral vs. citrusy smells, but once you get into the crazy stuff I think most are just talking out their ass. Its as bad as wine tasting.

Two reasons for my post

http://www.beeradvoc...file/1146/4318/

Yeah, umm... don't read any of my posts in the whiskey thread. :blush:

Bruised apple? Nah, they are trying too hard. Tart green apples..... I get it.

The lexicons developed by wine tasters and beer tasters are hilarious. Try as I might, I've never sensed tobacco in a big bold red wine, or whatever.

The wine-ification of beer is something we've kicked around before. I'm decidedly ambivalent on the trend, as much as I love craft beer.

That is Perfect for me as well!

Now, I chose these carefully. I didn't want to use a Good/Okay/Bad rating system because a beer can be Good but not satisfying. It can also be Bad yet satisfying.

Being satisfied with a beer is what matters.

Good news for you WNYers. I went to the Hofbrauhaus in Vegas a few years ago. Great beers and fantastic atmosphere.

http://www.buffalone...uffalo-20140512

Plans call for a 600-seat traditional beer hall, with long wooden tables and benches. Servers wearing Bavarian-style dirndls and lederhosen will serve imported German beer from giant glass mugs. Musicians will perform live German music every night and many weekday afternoons. The menu will mostly feature traditional German dishes but also offer some local fare.

An outdoor biergarten will be capable of seating another 300 people.

Edited by Claude_Verret

Glad this finally came through.

I think this only happens at the Vegas location, but the waitresses will spank you with the wooden shot paddle that they carry around if you're stupid enough to allow it.. They definitely do not take it easy, and my wife couldn't stop laughing at me when she saw my bruised backside the next morning.

I think this only happens at the Vegas location, but the waitresses will spank you with the wooden shot paddle that they carry around if you're stupid enough to allow it.. They definitely do not take it easy, and my wife couldn't stop laughing at me when she saw my bruised backside the next morning.

This place sounds like it will work.....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.