Around the NHL 2011-2012

spndnchz

This is officially the slowest hockey day of the year. :D

Flyers party too much.......

"Shortly after his arrival in December 2009, coach Peter Laviolette instituted what players came to call the "Dry Island." Laviolette asked team members to commit to not drinking for a month, and each player was asked to write his number on a locker room board as a pledge. No. 17 (Carter) and No. 18 (Richards) were absent from the board on the first Dry Island, as well as the estimated five more times the policy was instituted."

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/columnists/dan_gross/20110725_Dan_Gross_.html#ixzz1T9GXprcT

It's Lavi or the highway?

This is officially the slowest hockey day of the year. :D

Flyers party too much.......

"Shortly after his arrival in December 2009, coach Peter Laviolette instituted what players came to call the "Dry Island." Laviolette asked team members to commit to not drinking for a month, and each player was asked to write his number on a locker room board as a pledge. No. 17 (Carter) and No. 18 (Richards) were absent from the board on the first Dry Island, as well as the estimated five more times the policy was instituted."

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/columnists/dan_gross/20110725_Dan_Gross_.html#ixzz1T9GXprcT

It's Lavi or the highway?

I'd like to see someone try that where I work.

Boston v Edmonton from 1988 on NHLN right now. Moog and Fuhr are so good to watch. What a travesty the Trapezoid is to hockey. The value of goalies would be so much different if their ability with the puck was a greater factor. Plus the entertainment value is magnificent.

Boston v Edmonton from 1988 on NHLN right now. Moog and Fuhr are so good to watch. What a travesty the Trapezoid is to hockey. The value of goalies would be so much different if their ability with the puck was a greater factor. Plus the entertainment value is magnificent.

Just like so many other things, you can blame the Devils for that one as well. Stupid Brodeur.

It's basically a "yeah, next time remember me" type of thing. Could be pick, could be nothing. The latter being more prevalent.

For Paille...if he scored 16 goals the draft pick was going to be a round higher or an agreeable equivalent. IIRC ....he didn't score 16 though.

Thanks both of you. I just wasn't sure what it could or would amount to.

That was good. I like the way Ennis shoves that sweaty smelling mike foam in his face.

It's a good thing it was Tyler2 and not Lindy. Otherwise, it would have broken him, humiliated him, and ruined him as a prospect.

Archived