Locker Room Progress

BuffaloSoldier2010

it looks Like Leino's is just a picture from camp/preseason. they'd probably do the same for call ups.

If they actually put up new pictures when someone gets called up. And speaking of new pictures, I wonder if they could change it during the course of the season if somebody catches an absolutely amazing shot of a specific player.

If they actually put up new pictures when someone gets called up. And speaking of new pictures, I wonder if they could change it during the course of the season if somebody catches an absolutely amazing shot of a specific player.

Could be even more motivation if that is the case. A player playing well gets a new pic every month or so may make the other guys want to do the same.

I think I may be reading too much into these action pics over the lockers :(

Could be even more motivation if that is the case. A player playing well gets a new pic every month or so may make the other guys want to do the same.

I think I may be reading too much into these action pics over the lockers :(

And by the same token, you could get people going out trying to make highlight reels instead of playing a team game. Whether or not we're overanalyzing this, we've still got 4 days to go, so screw that.

And by the same token, you could get people going out trying to make highlight reels instead of playing a team game. Whether or not we're overanalyzing this, we've still got 4 days to go, so screw that.

We could have a whole team of Afinogenov's (yikes!)

I was more thinking for the new guys that get called up, getting their first pic would sort of show that they have made an impact on the ice and belong in the NHL. It can be a uniting force for the team camaraderie.

I was hoping for more photos.... any of the visiting teams locker room?

I don't have any pics but I thought it was funny that the Sabres dressing room is round so it's easier to see everyone and have conversations but the visiting room is long and rectangular so as not to recieve those benefits. Crafty design work.

Is that a piece of the Aud in pic2? Seems familiar.

Roger that.

if i remember correctly they're gonna do something with a piece of the aud right there

They are going to be three pieces from the Aud in that space. In front of it will be a piece of glass with all the Sabres player names etched on it. jeezoman

I don't have any pics but I thought it was funny that the Sabres dressing room is round so it's easier to see everyone and have conversations but the visiting room is long and rectangular so as not to recieve those benefits. Crafty design work.

Defeats the purpose of showing the rest of the league how 1st rate they are a bit if the visitors locker room is a hall closet.

Actually wasn't it reported here or somewhere else, that the new visitor's locker room is also one of the best in the NHL?

I remember reading something about that over the summer but I can't find a link. That's why I was surprised at the description given today.

Actually wasn't it reported here or somewhere else, that the new visitor's locker room is also one of the best in the NHL?

I remember reading something about that over the summer but I can't find a link. That's why I was surprised at the description given today.

It's nice but it's rectangular. Makes it harder to talk across the room. The total sq footage of the visitor room, including lockers, showers, toilets etc is about 3,500. Total Sabres space is around 15,000 sq feet.

This is where I got that info. Link

"The new digs don't contain a trace of the team's old locker area. A circular room has replaced the rectangle, allowing players to see each other and communicate easily. (By contrast, the new visiting dressing room is a long rectangle, and chats between players on opposite ends will be next to impossible)."

I didn't intend on saying the visitors room was not going to be nice, just that they're not going to give that advantageous design to the opposition.

This is where I got that info. Link

"The new digs don't contain a trace of the team's old locker area. A circular room has replaced the rectangle, allowing players to see each other and communicate easily. (By contrast, the new visiting dressing room is a long rectangle, and chats between players on opposite ends will be next to impossible)."

I didn't intend on saying the visitors room was not going to be nice, just that they're not going to give that advantageous design to the opposition.

Yes sorry for the lazy way I worded my post. When I said I was surprised at the description I meant in the article, not in your post. I also see now that I misinterpreted the article - when they described it as a long rectangle that would be hard to talk from end to end, I made a bad assumption that it was not going to be a nice locker room.

In short I suck at both reading and posting today.

Yes sorry for the lazy way I worded my post. When I said I was surprised at the description I meant in the article, not in your post. I also see now that I misinterpreted the article - when they described it as a long rectangle that would be hard to talk from end to end, I made a bad assumption that it was not going to be a nice locker room.

In short I suck at both reading and posting today.

Hahahha, first day back after a long weekend, no worries man :beer:

Archived