Ville Leino Anyone?

IvanPutski

I may be in the minority, but I like Leino. He'll be 28 so not a spring chicken and he only has one solid year under his belt. But he's a grinder, and stepped up big when the Flyers lost some of their snipers. Also, think about him mentoring Armia. You won't find a better model IMO.

I may be in the minority, but I like Leino. He'll be 28 so not a spring chicken and he only has one solid year under his belt. But he's a grinder, and stepped up big when the Flyers lost some of their snipers. Also, think about him mentoring Armia. You won't find a better model IMO.

I hate him when he plays against us...

I think he could be a useful addition.

He was my next choice after Laich and Ehrhoff. He would be a great addition.

Leino was all over the place (in a good way) these playoffs. I like him. Agreed about the necessity to fill a LW spot if we need to trade for a Center (Statsny?). I like having players on my team who I'd hate playing against. (e.g. Kaleta: http://enrico.blogs.com/the700level/2011/04/patrick-kaleta-opens-the-door-for-nik-zherdev.html )

How well could his game translate to center? I would love to have him

Well, you get your chance now. Not sure how I feel about this one, although a Flyer-fan friend said the other day he's pissed the Flyers are keeping Nodl and letting Leino go.

He was my next choice after Laich and Ehrhoff. He would be a great addition.

The Sabres have now signed two of the three free agents I had hoped for. (only Laich escaped)

Now I would target a center via trade. Richards isn't going to be a Sabre. By trade, I wouldn't miss any of the following: Boyes, Hecht, Morrisonn, Kotalik or even Gaustad. They might have to include a prospect and a draft pick, but I feel a trade is now the smart way to acquire a younger center who is already under contract. Stastny comes to mind.

Archived