Jeanneret coming back

spndnchz

Rick Jeanneret is coming back for next season. He won't be doing all the games. Cutting back a lot on the road games.

He says somewhere above 50% of the games. He hopes that it will lengthen his career.

Neale back too.

“It’s no secret that the constant travel has been wearing on me over the years, and there were several times last season when I thought that it might be my last,” Jeanneret said. “That’s why I presented this arrangement to Sabres management. I think it’s the best of both worlds, and allows me to continue doing the job I love. I really want to thank the Sabres for accommodating my request.”

I really liked that guy they had from the canadian radio station they had fill in this year. He was a radio play by play kinda style and called the game well. He'd my choice to do the other games. Could hire danny gare as color.

I didn't think I would ever say this, but I actually thought Sylvester was the best of the fill-ins last season. Having him be that guy might force a change in the pre/postgame show they don't want to make, but ...

I also think that Ray or Roby or any combination of them doing analysis would be worlds better than Harry ...

I wonder if he winds up calling games anywhere other than in Boston, Pittsburgh, Montreal, Toronto, and Detroit. I really only included Boston and Montreal for their historical significance, so those one's could possibly be out too.

I wonder if he winds up calling games anywhere other than in Boston, Pittsburgh, Montreal, Toronto, and Detroit. I really only included Boston and Montreal for their historical significance, so those one's could possibly be out too.

From listening to what he said, it sounded like the length of the trip in days might mean more than distance. Like might skip Ottawa or Toronto if they are part of a five-game trip where he could take 2 weeks off or something.

From listening to what he said, it sounded like the length of the trip in days might mean more than distance. Like might skip Ottawa or Toronto if they are part of a five-game trip where he could take 2 weeks off or something.

I'd imagine when it comes to a Toronto game, the schedule will mean more for who ever is calling the other games. Toronto's such a short trip, I can't see him skipping that one. He won't have to travel with the team to get there.

Rick Jeanneret is coming back for next season. He won't be doing all the games. Cutting back a lot on the road games.

He says somewhere above 50% of the games. He hopes that it will lengthen his career.

Neale back too.

“It’s no secret that the constant travel has been wearing on me over the years, and there were several times last season when I thought that it might be my last,” Jeanneret said. “That’s why I presented this arrangement to Sabres management. I think it’s the best of both worlds, and allows me to continue doing the job I love. I really want to thank the Sabres for accommodating my request.”

I think it is time for Rick to retire. It's clear they can't win the cup with him doing games. I for one am ready for a new voice of the Buffalo Sabres.

Hopefully Rick will be happy with this arrangement. Basically, he's the home game announcer and I think that's great! He shouldn't have to travel to Calgary and those types of places. The ironic part is the better the Sabres do in the playoffs, (hopefully they get in) the less you see of Rick.

Hopefully Rick will be happy with this arrangement. Basically, he's the home game announcer and I think that's great! He shouldn't have to travel to Calgary and those types of places. The ironic part is the better the Sabres do in the playoffs, (hopefully they get in) the less you see of Rick.

The report on WGR made it sound like Rick would be doing all playoff games.

You really think Rick would miss a playoff game? He's not that tired. The playoffs, and the chance and hope that he gets to call a Stanley Cup winning goal are why he keeps coming back.

I think it is time for Rick to retire. It's clear they can't win the cup with him doing games. I for one am ready for a new voice of the Buffalo Sabres.

But, wouldn't you like to hear him call the last few minutes of the game where they do win the Cup?

But, wouldn't you like to hear him call the last few minutes of the game where they do win the Cup?

Jeanneret saying the phrase "...and the Sabres win the Stanley Cup!" has already been playing in my mind for the last decade or so. I'd love to hear it for real.....

Jeanneret saying the phrase "...and the Sabres win the Stanley Cup!" has already been playing in my mind for the last decade or so. I'd love to hear it for real.....

I would love to hear those words come from him...and if he thinks of retiring, he needs to secretly record those words, and put them away for when that day comes, if i don't hear RJ's voice, it just won't feel the same somehow... :cry:

...no thoughts on Harry Neale coming back?

meh, he's like the announcers in the NHL games for xbox, et al. He says the same things over and over, every game. Never anything new. Oh it's overtime? Harry is gonna say something along the lines of "The defensemen are the most dangerous person in OT, as he will be jumping up into the play..."

Not a huge fan. I miss Lorentz.

I have to imagine road trip accommodations will improve under Terry Pegula. Doesn't the radio team fly on the same charter as the players?

PTR

I think it has very little to do with the accommodations. It's about the time itself. Even if you're staying in the fanciest of hotels and flying in a great private jet, you're still away from home.

Archived