Jeanneret coming back

spndnchz

Interesting that RJ chose to avoid NYC completely, and only make 1 of the trips to NJ. Must be too much hustle and bustle...

The lighting in MSG is horible. I think they turn them down even more when the Sabres are in town. (It seems the Rangers believe in the old addage:If they are better than you are, play them in the dark) They have also been known to soften up the ice a bit to slow teams with speed down. A complete 3 phase rehab is under way...in the final phase the sky boxes are coming down to ice level

Rick has complained for years about the difficulties reading the numbers and calling games from MSG.

It is also a situation where they aren't the featured feed on their own network.

Avoiding Nassau ....well that just seems like a nice perk. :lol:

I guess I'm saying that it was interesting because he was telling his bosses he didn't want to work in the arena that they own.

I think the MSG thing may be a coincidence ... the first one is at the start of the long road trip and the second is part of a back-to-back with the other game at home ... if you look at it, he skips almost every road game like this.

As for the MSG lighting, hopefully it will get better with all the renovation going on ... it can't get much worse. They might be re-thinking that "cat-walk" section they were going to have (check it out here - http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704198004575310953707358836.html) with the fan falling and dying in Texas ...

Archived