Foligno signed

nobody

Or better yet, where is that a-hole that keeps posting in the comment section of the Buffalo News, "we don't need to sign a bunch of kids, what we need is the Sabres to sign veteran FA. Just Buffalo pinching their pennies again".

Literally the dumbest thing I've ever read.

I'm glad he is done and like everyone has said, it's really no surprise. However, when you are trying to change perceptions, it's little things that add up. One of Buffalo's past problem was a skeleton front office that required Darcy's hands in everything. Signings like this should be handled by an assistant GM.

I'm glad he is done and like everyone has said, it's really no surprise. However, when you are trying to change perceptions, it's little things that add up. One of Buffalo's past problem was a skeleton front office that required Darcy's hands in everything. Signings like this should be handled by an assistant GM.

I think Darcy should be meeting Don Meehan personally.

Jovanoski, Brad Richards, Shea Weber.....are among his clients.

Or better yet, where is that a-hole that keeps posting in the comment section of the Buffalo News, "we don't need to sign a bunch of kids, what we need is the Sabres to sign veteran FA. Just Buffalo pinching their pennies again".

Literally the dumbest thing I've ever read.

Whenever I want to feel better about myself, I go and read the comments that people left on the Buffalo News articles, and then I come here and read real comments and ideas and discussions. some of the things that people say are like :doh: :doh: :doh:

I think this is a great signing, I like the kid, specifically his style of play. I think he'll be able to contribute in the next few years, and will be a good addition.

But, he wasn't signed 2 weeks before the deadline, so that meant he wasn't going to get signed, right?

How can this be?

Next up will be the as well informed opinion that the Sabres were cheap in not giving him and McNabb more than a 3 year deal.

I'm not sure I buy into that one about an assistant GM at all. And I'm not sure if letting it wait this long is something you're hinting at in that post, but I'll say this anyway, because I know someone's thinking it. You'll find more than a fair share of drafted prospects out there who haven't signed yet and will sign within a similar time period to this. There is little, if nothing to the idea that they're waiting too long on these deals.

I think one thing that we all can agree on is that if these three kids are as good as advertised, this team has put together a couple of dynamite draft classes.

Which is why trading any of them makes me cringe. Obviously, if the return is extraordinary then by all means make it happen but I'd rather move Ennis, Gerbe or stafford if at all possible. The thought of that much skill & size on the Sabres is... Drool worthy.

Glad this got done but honestly didn't anticipate it not happening. Don't mind the chicken little(s) though, certainly more fun than reading 20 posts stating 'it'll get done......yep.........sure will........I agree.'

But, he wasn't signed 2 weeks before the deadline, so that meant he wasn't going to get signed, right?

How can this be?

Seriously. Read way too much $hit about Darcy not getting this thing done. Once again, let's not throw stones until something is actually fked up. This is a new era.

Which is why trading any of them makes me cringe. Obviously, if the return is extraordinary then by all means make it happen but I'd rather move Ennis, Gerbe or stafford if at all possible. The thought of that much skill & size on the Sabres is... Drool worthy.

Certainly a slippery slope.

You have to give to get, but how much are we willing to give for what some are demanding; "sweeping change".

If we want that big center, we'll surely have to give up a nice piece or two I'm afraid. Should be interesting...

How can this be?

Where are all the chicken littles?

All the chicken littles? Can you name more than one?

Here I am. Glad it was done - and with a whole week to spare! I am hardly a chicken little - more of a pragmatist. Frankly I am surprised that I the only one a little concerned that he was allowed to get so close to re entering the draft, especially with Darcy's history of botching negotiations.

By all means, heckle away, though.

Looking forward to seeing this kid on the ice - a bigger Kaleta who can hopefully be available more frequently than 50 games a year. Who knows - he may even drop his gloves once in a while.

Looking forward to seeing this kid on the ice - a bigger Kaleta who can hopefully be available more frequently than 50 games a year. Who knows - he may even drop his gloves once in a while.

I also think that he needs to have his nose broken before he ever sets foot on the ice as a Sabre so that he can truly live up to the Foligno name.

I also think that he needs to have his nose broken before he ever sets foot on the ice as a Sabre so that he can truly live up to the Foligno name.

Not just broken, shattered, pushed to the side, and allowed to heal in a totally misshapen way. I hope he's been working on that post goal jump, too.

Here I am. Glad it was done - and with a whole week to spare! I am hardly a chicken little - more of a pragmatist. Frankly I am surprised that I the only one a little concerned that he was allowed to get so close to re entering the draft, especially with Darcy's history of botching negotiations.

By all means, heckle away, though.

Mine wasn't directed at you. It was directed at the guy that thinks because one person is fretting that it must be a common theme here.

Frankly, given the way that the Heisten and Zigomanis was handled I think it is OK to be a touch concerned over an unsigned pick with this much potential. Granted, I think the Sabres valued Foligno alot more than they valued Zig and Heisten after they finished their junior campaigns, and that was likely the reason for the long contract decisions and ultimately losing them.

Mine wasn't directed at you. It was directed at the guy that thinks because one person is fretting that it must be a common theme here.

Frankly, given the way that the Heisten and Zigomanis was handled I think it is OK to be a touch concerned over an unsigned pick with this much potential. Granted, I think the Sabres valued Foligno alot more than they valued Zig and Heisten after they finished their junior campaigns, and that was likely the reason for the long contract decisions and ultimately losing them.

Those two situations are a product of a different day, especially Heisten. He essentially held the team hostage, taking advantage of the Van Ryn loophole and selling himself to the highest bidder. I bet no one held that one against the Devils when Van Ryn did it to them.

We're now talking about 10 years ago with both of these players. Not to mention a new CBA with a completely different set of rules. I'm willing to bet those two names mean absolutely nothing now to the vast majority of Sabre fans.

Those two situations are a product of a different day, especially Heisten. He essentially held the team hostage, taking advantage of the Van Ryn loophole and selling himself to the highest bidder. I bet no one held that one against the Devils when Van Ryn did it to them.

We're now talking about 10 years ago with both of these players. Not to mention a new CBA with a completely different set of rules. I'm willing to bet those two names mean absolutely nothing now to the vast majority of Sabre fans.

I don't disagree. But it is part of the history of the current GM so I can understand why there would be concern. It's a pretty safe bet that it was in the mind of Korab Rules when he made his initial post in this thread.

Archived