Confirmed: Pegula buys Amerks

Taro T

Word is the deal is dun and getting bog approval. Should be dun within the next week.

Portland is in talks with a couple of west coast teams for affiliation.

Cool for Ra-cha-cha Sabres & Amerks fans.

Any word on how this affects the lease renewal discussions for the Kin-ig-it Hawks? I really didn't see Styres selling the Amerks until he was ready to pull up stakes on the team he does care about. Hope I'm wrong on that. Hopefully Styres isn't bored w/ the drive down to watch his nephew play, and this was just a case of a really rich guy wanting to do something nice for his FiL and 'making an offer he couldn't refuse.'

So how big of a dick will I look like when I'm rooting for kassian, Foligno & McNabb to all get sent down?

I suspect that we'll get to see them here for at least the start of the season, but they may force their way up. Be sure to catch those early games.

http://www.letsgoamerks.com/2011/06/22/countdown-to-the-sale-shouldnt-be-any-doubters/

Ink YOU HAVE TO READ THIS!

Planets are in alignment.

The American Hockey League invited teams to Springfield, MA for their marketing meetings and one team is missing, the Rochester Americans.

June 28th being the possible date for an announcement. Why that date? It’s during The AHL’s board of governor meetings in Hilton Head. As Kevin Oklobzija mentioned, current Amerks Owner Curt Styres and team President Lewis Staats have rooms booked.

http://www.letsgoamerks.com/2011/06/22/countdown-to-the-sale-shouldnt-be-any-doubters/

Ink YOU HAVE TO READ THIS!

Planets are in alignment.

I was chillin in the pool this week talking to the 'rents (no I don't live in their basement, I DRIVE over to their house to clean their pool as they are old people) and we are all very excited about this happening.

Hey all, thanks for the links and recognition (I run LetsGoAmerks). I'm looking forward to this renewed relationship!! Will try and stop by more often.

Welcome aboard!

We had a pretty decent connection with Chris Roy (Wildcat48) reporting over in Portland. We look forward to the same with you.

Welcome aboard!

We had a pretty decent connection with Chris Roy (Wildcat48) reporting over in Portland. We look forward to the same with you.

I am to the Amerks what Chris is to the Pirates. I'm originally from Buffalo so this is all exciting!

I was chillin in the pool this week talking to the 'rents (no I don't live in their basement, I DRIVE over to their house to clean their pool as they are old people) and we are all very excited about this happening.

Do you really think anyone would judge you if you did :devil:

If Portlands lucky it'll be the Canucks as they'll be looking for a partner.

Though the travel would be outrageous, Vancouver could do a lot worse than the :pirate: 's as a farm club.

And I wouldn't wish the Cats even on Donner. :o

(Eh, on 2nd thought, if he finagles his way into a different ownership group in a different city someday, I think they're perfect for each other. ;) )

I wonder if Vancouver's Moose affiliation travels to St. Johns..

I can't imagine the AHL being too happy with the Winnipeg ownership owning Vancouver's affiliate. Maybe it'll be a one year thing, but it can't last. St. Johns has to wind up affiliated with Winnipeg.

Archived