Confirmed: Pegula buys Amerks

Taro T

I really like the latest article I read from the Portland Press Herald Same as on the main page

Brian Petrovek, the Pirates' CEO/managing owner: No comment

A Buffalo spokesman, Michael Gilbert: no comment

The Americans' president, Lewis Staats: no comment

I understand the point of not speaking to what might be going on with a deal that could be in place but is it really necessary for the writer to point out that everyone knows that a deal is in the works and no one wants/can say anything?

Oh well, I'm sure the stories will continue to unfold slowly.

Much cheaper than starting a D. I program in the Big 10. ;)

I don't think settling any contractual breaches in Portland would be insurmountable.

Well that Big 10 team did need a new arena to play in. ;)

If they are in fact modeling it after BUs arena like I last heard, yeah, that thing will be expensive.

Well that Big 10 team did need a new arena to play in. ;)

If they are in fact modeling it after BUs arena like I last heard, yeah, that thing will be expensive.

Actually...AHL teams don't really have any assets except the franchise itself...most teams lease arenas, rent players, and sell tickets.

That's why he will be a great owner, once he figures out you have to take the anchor up before the boat can move forward.

Or you could install bigger engines; then you could just drag it along.

"FLA is the easy target NHL franchise: they were disappointed with Rochester, so they left"

If you really followed the situation Styres notified FLA in the fall that he was not interested in continuing the relationship. FLA wasn't willing to provide the kind of talent and skill that could keep butts in the seats and Styres was losing a ton of money. That organization (FLA) does not know how to develop their players.

Do you really think Pegula would sign this letter of intent and let this get leaked (there is no way that both sides weren't aware of this "leak") if he hadn't already explored his ability to get the Sabres out of their agreement with Portland? There is no way that things have gotten this far publicly without the deal being all but done. If the sale does take until Oct to become official, the Sabres will already have the buyout with Portland done and a temp agreement in place for the start of the next season.

• 3 weeks later...

BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!

Click, click, boom

I'm comin' down on the stereo, hear me on the radio

Click, click, boom

I'm comin' down with the new style and you know it's buck wild

Click, click, boom

I'm on the radio station tourin' the nation, leavin' the scene in devastation

Click, click, boom

I'm comin' down on the stereo, hear me on the radio

Click, click, boom

I'm comin' down with the new style and you know it's buck wild

Click, click, boom

I'm on the radio station tourin' the nation, leavin' the scene in devastation

What ever happened to Saliva?

Word is the deal is dun and getting bog approval. Should be dun within the next week.

Portland is in talks with a couple of west coast teams for affiliation.

From your mouth to God's ears. This is just awesome for Rochester. That being said, I also hope that Portland ends up with a strong parent club because it's not like they did anything other than be a great farm club for the Sabres.

Archived