End of year press conference today at 11AM

LabattBlue

I used to be the biggest Sabres fan on the planet, but after watching this series I may have a new team. The Flyers play some great, hard-nosed old time hockey. I am really pulling for my "new" team to win.

Also, Miller is a crybaby. Came up short in the Olympics, came up short again againt Boucher and Company.

LET's GO FLYERS!!!!!

Sorry Sabres fans, I am still a fan at heart.

Join me at philly.com/philly/forums/flyers - world class fans over there unlike the babies over here.

Go to go, I have to start my car and let it warm up. Off to my shift at Applebees, I make a mean halibut. Let it soak (much like the Sabres loss) in white wine and cook in coconut oil.

Richard in Sabreland

Don't let the door hit your azz on the way out.

I used to be the biggest Sabres fan on the planet, but after watching this series I may have a new team. The Flyers play some great, hard-nosed old time hockey. I am really pulling for my "new" team to win.

Also, Miller is a crybaby. Came up short in the Olympics, came up short again againt Boucher and Company.

LET's GO FLYERS!!!!!

Sorry Sabres fans, I am still a fan at heart.

Join me at philly.com/philly/forums/flyers - world class fans over there unlike the babies over here.

Go to go, I have to start my car and let it warm up. Off to my shift at Applebees, I make a mean halibut. Let it soak (much like the Sabres loss) in white wine and cook in coconut oil.

Richard in Sabreland

Shoo flea you troll!!!! Go love up them Cryers when Tim Thomas stonewalls them!!! F#C#I#G troll!!!

Can't recall anymore if this was mentioned in the trade deadline posts - so on GR they indicated that the trade that didn't happen was for Spezza.

Wow. Did they say who the Sabres were allegedly offering?

Halibut is the best value of all the fish.

Halibut is great, but i don't think it's terribly cheap. I think of cod as more of a value fish.

Wow. Did they say who the Sabres were allegedly offering?

Halibut is great, but i don't think it's terribly cheap. I think of cod as more of a value fish.

No - they never said. Did say something about the Canucks looking to get Vanek.

Ok. Monotone or not, I'm hoping it leads to positives, including after July 1st... Know the free-agent market is a bit lean this year. Is July 1st the first day teams can trade players too, or are Sabres able to do that (with teams out of the playoffs obviously) now / moving forward? Anyone know? (I assume it waits until after July 1 ... If this was stated in the presser, obviously i wasn't listening that close...)

Go Sabres!!

Add: Ok, I didn't want this to be the main point of this post, but had the audio of the presser on internet radio (GR550.com), while getting ready for work, and I had to do a double-take... (Black's voice for a second, from a distance, sounded like Larry Quinn... i shuddered for a second... Hopefully that will come to an end in-time, lol).

I'm stuck in the bunker and it's going to take me 87 strokes to get out

Only 87? Your on the trade-able list.

I wonder why he chose to troll the press conference thread. Strange choice.

he was everywhere and now....**poof***

Ok. Monotone or not, I'm hoping it leads to positives, including after July 1st... Know the free-agent market is a bit lean this year. Is July 1st the first day teams can trade players too, or are Sabres able to do that (with teams out of the playoffs obviously) now / moving forward? Anyone know? (I assume it waits until after July 1 ... If this was stated in the presser, obviously i wasn't listening that close...)

Go Sabres!!

Add: Ok, I didn't want this to be the main point of this post, but had the audio of the presser on internet radio (GR550.com), while getting ready for work, and I had to do a double-take... (Black's voice for a second, from a distance, sounded like Larry Quinn... i shuddered for a second... Hopefully that will come to an end in-time, lol).

DR said he's looking at the non-playoff teams currently, or the teams that are no longer in the playoffs for trades. I'll assume that once your season is done you can trade right away.

Some other points:

Darcy is pushing for a goalie mask "standard". Says many players have chosen "choice over safety" and it needs to be the other way around. d4rk has mentioned (and seeing as he's a goalie, I'll believe him) that many masks are tested before their use. I think DR is looking for some standard for the testing and safety issues, not necessarily that the masks are poor.

110 concussions this year in the league. 140,000 hits.

Black says work will start this summer on making the players locker room go from 8,000 sq ft currently to over 27,000 sq ft. An addition of 14,000 of player area. The rest I assume something else? Media room?

Darcy says he did not know who was on the "no-trade list" at the sale. I first thought WTF? Then I thought, well good. No handcuff, look at all offers. Wouldn't be good for him to know and be saying to other teams, "we've got all but this guy".

Lindy got a multi-year deal. I'm think open ended contract, stay as long as you want or as long as we want you.

Dr said he's looking more at additional scoring not d-men. He thinks the D has taken good strides during the year.

Sorry, I should have specified which bunker. I'm sure I could 225 putt as well once I got out. Just a word of warning, I take my glove off when it comes to the green. Better grip. And one question, do I get relief if I land in the rough, or is it a clean course?

The grounds crew prefers wax for the trouble areas.

1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

Some other points:

Dr said he's looking more at additional scoring not d-men. He thinks the D has taken good strides during the year.

ugh. not gonna win a cup with 1/2 journeymen and 1/2 kids who can't rent a car.

1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

:cry: :cry: Well, when you put it that way...

Hmm ... I remember him saying that they are looking on defense, but also qualifying that statement by adding that they had some young players who have made real strides.

Well, looks like this is the hand the fans are dealt. I can't put "again" in there because the ownership and top brass are obviously different.

For anyone who doesn't like this, there are no sides on the band-wagon and you can jump off at any time. Otherwise, the band-wagon has been temporarily renamed the "Bitch Wain" until pre-season begins.

Hopefully Black and co. can right the ship and make this team go somewhere.

was it me or did this press conference seem boring and uneventful... Like they know what they want to do but they dont wanna really tell us anything...

It was more like Regier didn't want to say anything that fans will hold him accountable for later. Like last season when they were all gung-ho about losing being unacceptable and then followed it up with doing nothing in the off-season.

It was more like Regier didn't want to say anything that fans will hold him accountable for later. Like last season when they were all gung-ho about losing being unacceptable and then followed it up with doing nothing in the off-season.

And saying they had 2 of the top centers in the league.

Archived