End of year press conference today at 11AM

LabattBlue

If this report is even true, is it not another failed attempt to acquire a player by Regier?

to give this particular gripe a basis, you'd have to examine all of the other failed deals by all of the other GMs in the league. not to pick on you, but you seem to put darcy in a category all his own, when the truth is probably closer to "he's no better or worse than any other GM in the league," even though there are plenty of rumblings about him getting high marks from the others. aside from burke, tallon, and the newly minted genius in tampa, when do we ever hear about other GMs in general? yeah, garth snow is a moron, just like every islander GM of the past two decades. nobody but the squeakiest wheels in this forum seem to have such an active dislike for darcy.

a deadline deal for a team's best player (who happens to be a point producing center on the eve of a FA class desperately thin up the middle) didn't work out, and it's just more wood on the fire under darcy's feet? :wallbash:

When Pegula mentioned the hits he would rather not talk about as to not get himself into trouble with the league did anyone else get the feeling he was talking about Phillies strategy of hitting from behind with intent to injure knowing that they would only get 2 minute penalties. Richards and Briere both used that strategy to injure and in one case remove a player from the series. I got the feeling this was what terry was referring to. Lord knows they weren't horrified at the thought of us scoring on the powerplay

Not aimed at here....just to hear Darcy year after year.....it doesn't matter what I think, I have no control.

You know... Re-reading this, this morning, it made me think of my brother's rant (in shared text) from last night, that the Bills had gone yet another year without picking up a franchise quarterback (and threatening to dump his season's...). I guess living out of town has numbed me a bit all of these years... Were my hard-earned money more invested in the team (I live on left coast, and even have been "cheap" late-season for Center ice in recent years) I would probably be feeling a lot more of that too (although I do tend to be a "glass half full" type).

On the Sabres front, we're about to find out how much the Sabres and Regier (un-shackled) are about to put Pegula's money to work. One thing I did come away from that press conference with, was how positive Darcy seemed to be ('excuses" weren't the order of the day, as was in the past). I think he relishes the opportunity, and we'll see where this new road we're on is going to lead... Accountability for what comes next, is up to a new group of sheriffs.

GO SABRES!!

to give this particular gripe a basis, you'd have to examine all of the other failed deals by all of the other GMs in the league. not to pick on you, but you seem to put darcy in a category all his own, when the truth is probably closer to "he's no better or worse than any other GM in the league," even though there are plenty of rumblings about him getting high marks from the others. aside from burke, tallon, and the newly minted genius in tampa, when do we ever hear about other GMs in general? yeah, garth snow is a moron, just like every islander GM of the past two decades. nobody but the squeakiest wheels in this forum seem to have such an active dislike for darcy.

a deadline deal for a team's best player (who happens to be a point producing center on the eve of a FA class desperately thin up the middle) didn't work out, and it's just more wood on the fire under darcy's feet? :wallbash:

Regier is in a category all his own. There is only one GM of the Buffalo Sabres and Regier happens to be it.

You do realize that "there are other GMs that suck" is not a strong argument in favor of Regier.

Archived