Post your get well wishes to Madeleine Ruff!

SDS

To refresh your memory:

Ruff said the mass discovered on Madeleine's brain was about the size of a quarter. His family isn't likely to know exactly what it is until this week. He could miss practices and games while doctors diagnose and treat the problem. Madeleine is expected to visit Roswell Park Cancer Institute this week for further testing.

Ruff and his wife, Gaye, have four children. Brett is 16 and Eryn is 14, followed by twins Madeleine and Brian. Madeleine was experiencing headaches for weeks, and they became more severe in recent days. She summoned Brian for help after waking up in the middle of the night and feeling dizzy. "She's very positive about the whole thing," Ruff said. "It's incredible. Every child you have is different. They deal with things differently. She's a special child."

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060312/1065423.asp

Madeleine,

Best wishes as you go through your treatment process! We are crossing our fingers and saying a prayer for you down here in Maryland. Keep your chin up!

Scott and Deborah

Madeleine, your father has always been a class individual and a true fighter. I can't believe that you don't meet that description as well. Prayers and well wishes go out to you. Please keep a positive attittude and beat this. My family and I are truly saddened that someone as young as you has such a difficult struggle. When you beat it, you will be stronger for it. We are pulling for you.

Madelaine. We're sending all our best from back here in Saskatchewan. I've said before how unimportant the daily goings-on with our favorite teams is, especially when you've got family.

I have 3 kids under 7 years old myself, and my one and only nightmare is a scenario where their health and safety is threatened.

I think it is wonderful that the Sabres celebrate family the way they do.

From what I've read, Madelaine, you've been strong about this. I'd imagine you were born in Buffalo, but you have roots back here in the Canadian Prairies. God makes them strong out here, and you've got that in you.

Once again, all the best from Saskatchewan.

Go Madeleine. This will be alright. Just a bunch of yucky visits to the doctor's office to get through. I have 2 kids myself and last year my son had to get the same kind of x-rays you are getting. It is no fun but it will be OK.

Brooklyn loves Madeleine and the Ruffs.

Archived