Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

Sabres at Capitals

4-2-2011

7:00 start

Washington has won two of three against Buffalo this season. The two clubs split games five days apart in November, while the Capitals prevailed in Buffalo in the most recent meeting in late February.

The Sabres are trying to hold onto one of the final playoff spots in the Eastern Conference while the Capitals are vying for the top spot in the East, but both teams are dealing with injuries to key players.

Yeah finally a hockey game on I want to watch. Not forced to get my hockey fix watching other teams although Devils Flyers was a good game last night.

We have played Caps tough in previous games. Could we be looking at a preview of our first round matchup?

I am hoping a little practice time with these combos comes through with a big game.

Let's go Buff'a'lo

So are the Sabres.. Any points today will be huge.

I really wasn't including Miller in this so I can see the argument there but we only have Leopold out on D and they have Erskine, Green, Wideman and Poti out. And as an added bonus, Nylander is out at Center too.

By Sunday evening, the Sabres will be somewhere between "clinched a playoff berth" (win both, Carolina loses both, then they sit 7 ahead with three to go) or "outside looking in" (lose both, Carolina wins both, then they are 1 behind with three to go.) Winning tonight would guarantee that they are still holding on to a playoff spot after the weekend. Anything less and the nerves will be severely tested.

Three spots, four teams, five (or less) games to go; who wants it more?

I really wasn't including Miller in this so I can see the argument there but we only have Leopold out on D and they have Erskine, Green, Wideman and Poti out. And as an added bonus, Nylander is out at Center too.

Sounds like this is the preview of the Calder Cup match-up.

By Sunday evening, the Sabres will be somewhere between "clinched a playoff berth" (win both, Carolina loses both, then they sit 7 ahead with three to go) or "outside looking in" (lose both, Carolina wins both, then they are 1 behind with three to go.) Winning tonight would guarantee that they are still holding on to a playoff spot after the weekend. Anything less and the nerves will be severely tested.

Three spots, four teams, five (or less) games to go; who wants it more?

I was palnning to watch this game stress free. Now you've gone and ruined that idea. <_<

Buffalo is going to want it more tonight...I watched OV in the game he played against Carolina last week he was not on the mark with his shots...his stick handling and puck work seemed to be back to its usual mastery but his shooting was certianly off...Enroth seems to have a quiet confidence about him as he gets more playing time...I feel he is up for the challenge...I think this is going to be based on how our offense plays more then our D and goaltending

I was palnning to watch this game stress free. Now you've gone and ruined that idea. <_<

Well, now we'll see if we have people who can score in big situations. In the tight games. We've been a better road team this year, go figure. So my heart goes out into full public view again, hoping for a BIG win.

And, I will repeat this to my last breath: I hope Carolina misses the playoffs because I hate those bastards and always will!

GO SABRES!!!

Does Nylander even play anymore? :blink:

Anyway, can't wait for the game tonight. Big stepping stone for Enroth. IIRC this will be his first time playing two straight, let alone three straight, games in the NHL, right? Guess we'll find out what we really have with Enroth. Kind of sucks it has to come in such a pivotal time of the year -- despite how well he's played, there's still the chance he gets blown out by Washington's offense and Carolina's speed. Those would be some tough losses. There's also the chance he shuts out Washington and Carolina then pulls a Halak and carries us deep into the playoffs. :lol:

Does Nylander even play anymore? :blink:

Anyway, can't wait for the game tonight. Big stepping stone for Enroth. IIRC this will be his first time playing two straight, let alone three straight, games in the NHL, right? Guess we'll find out what we really have with Enroth. Kind of sucks it has to come in such a pivotal time of the year -- despite how well he's played, there's still the chance he gets blown out by Washington's offense and Carolina's speed. Those would be some tough losses. There's also the chance he shuts out Washington and Carolina then pulls a Halak and carries us deep into the playoffs. :lol:

Hahaha no he doesn't. He was on the Amerks apparently but had a severe neck injury and they had to fuse his spine.

I didn't realize that his injury was last updated about 5 months ago.

Sabres need the Islanders to come out like they did against NYR I love living in Albany I got the sabres game on one channel and the Islanders game on another ( not that I watch unless they are games to help the sabres) and I dont even need center ice

Wow! Not sure I've ever read those words formed into a sentence in that order. ;)

We gotta play hard, washington will be vying for the top spot, and buffalo cant assume that washington wont be going full speed, they are a top 3 team for a reason. Hoping for a repeat shutout from ETHRON!! But ill be ok with a point tonight and two tomorrow please.

3-2 buffalo tonight in ot on the pp

Goals by: lafontaine, shmelik, and audette : )

Archived