Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

There is some serious "get over yourselves" that ought to be happening in this thread.

Just sayin'.....

To the long time members here, is it like this every season as the playoffs near? I mean, the first 1/2 of the season this site was a wealth of informative posts and productive, entertaining give and take. Since about February this site has devolved into partisan stupidity. Seriously.

There is some serious "get over yourselves" that ought to be happening in this thread.

Just sayin'.....

To the long time members here, is it like this every season as the playoffs near? I mean, the first 1/2 of the season this site was a wealth of informative posts and productive, entertaining give and take. Since about February this site has devolved into partisan stupidity. Seriously.

Sorry you are right. Lets beat the Canes and make a run.

Just sayin'.....

Not that I'm old school on this site cause I'm relatively new but I had noticed this as well with all the new posters suddenly showing up. I guess what they say about the regular season not being important is true.

Just sayin'.....

Stress?

Not that I'm old school on this site cause I'm relatively new but I had noticed this as well with all the new posters suddenly showing up. I guess what they say about the regular season not being important is true.

It isn't just the new posters. Look at the join dates of the folks tossing stuff around in this thread alone. The tone and demeanor of this board has dropped and it includes members who's join dates are older than yours and mine by years.

Accusations of rep collusion (WTF that is) and trolling and member crusading. None of this was happening prior to February of this season.

Just sayin'.....

You should have been here in '07. I left because I think myself, PA, and DeLuca were about the only ones who dared to be critical of the team at times....and maybe not even DeLuca then.

The better the team does and the more positive emotion...the more bandwagoning and the more homerism. I lose my effectiveness in actually trying to disect the team and it's play because I take the discussions much less seriously. When you are at the circus, might as well have a beer and throw the peanut shells on the ground.

You should have been here in '07. I left because I think myself, PA, and DeLuca were about the only ones who dared to be critical of the team at times....and maybe not even DeLuca then.

The better the team does and the more positive emotion...the more bandwagoning and the more homerism. I lose my effectiveness in actually trying to disect the team and it's play because I take the discussions much less seriously. When you are at the circus, might as well have a beer and throw the peanut shells on the ground.

LOL

I suppose I need to change my mindset until the crowd disperses.

LOL

I suppose I need to change my mindset until the crowd disperses.

I actually like football more than hockey, but it isn't even worth commenting anymore on the football site. It's not just the fans or a particular site....the media just whips everyone in a frenzy with 24/7 coverage and Twitter and blog experts.

The Sabres season is a strange one. You have a messiah walking in, and the Sabres improved their play big time. Still, people get confused between greatness, and not sucking. Getting excited about the actual product on the ice at this point is like the feeling you get as brain freeze subsides from eating ice cream too fast. Some people are rejoicing about the excruciating pain ending.

I actually like football more than hockey, but it isn't even worth commenting anymore on the football site. It's not just the fans or a particular site....the media just whips everyone in a frenzy with 24/7 coverage and Twitter and blog experts.

The Sabres season is a strange one. You have a messiah walking in, and the Sabres improved their play big time. Still, people get confused between greatness, and not sucking. Getting excited about the actual product on the ice at this point is like the feeling you get as brain freeze subsides from eating ice cream too fast. Some people are rejoicing about the excruciating pain ending.

So what do you expect today?

So what do you expect today?

I expect the game day thread will sound alot like the manic-depressive ward at the county mental health building. The rollercoaster is going to go from too high to too low all game long.

I expect the game day thread will sound alot like the manic-depressive ward at the county mental health building. The rollercoaster is going to go from too high to too low all game long.

That's good! This is the third of three since March against Carolina. So far we are being outpointed 4 to 1. If the Sabres can't close that gap, they really have no business beating the Canes for a playoff spot. We shall see.

Off to the psychiatric ward.

Archived