Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

Can't count on the Isles - don't even look at the out of town scoreboard till much later.

Hope the D remembers how they did it on Wed.

Sabres need points this weekend - sweep would be awesome, but realistically MUST AT LEAST BEAT the 'CANES!!!

(I know this has all been said already, but makes me feel better posting it myself!)

If the Sabres and Rangers sweep this weekend and if the Canes lose to NYI it's all over for them and the Loafs too.

PTR

You and I are old enough, and have been fans long enough, not to get our hopes too high for the Sabres to do what we pray they will! So, I'm setting my sites on a split and will be ECSTATIC with a sweep. Just so long as they don't GET swept!

I still think of the two games this weekend, this is the better shot at winning. Washington has been giving up third period goals and leads only to come back and win in the OT/SO. They are banged up defensively. Both teams are rested (as much as you can be this time of year). If the Sabres win tonight a little pressure is lifted off tomorrow's game.

I don't think Carolina will have trouble with Isles like the Sabres did. Carolina has won three so far against the Isles. I'll be doing headstands if I'm wrong.

As to tomorrow's game, I really think Carolina has the cards stacked in their favor. It will take an herculean effort by the defense to keep the Staal line in check. All we can hope for is that the Isles put a serious forecheck on the Canes and send them into tomorrow's game banged-up and bruised.

Buffalo can't afford another player lost to injury..

You and I are old enough, and have been fans long enough, not to get our hopes too high for the Sabres to do what we pray they will! So, I'm setting my sites on a split and will be ECSTATIC with a sweep. Just so long as they don't GET swept!

2 pts would be a good result for the weekend. IMO.

3 pts Excellent.

4 pts I'll be a kid on Christmas

He's good.

I hope that doesn't mean Devorsky tomorrow. Can't stand Devorsky, esp. in a big game.

My perception of McCreary is he won't call a penalty unless there is an all out mugging. Am I off base on this?

I disagree. I think it encourages other teams to take liberties with the Sabres smaller guys.

I think there is a prison sex joke there but I am to tired. The Sabres smaller guys will always have to contend with the fact they can be physically forced off a puck and as far as Liberties go, I think this team has shown that its willing to back up one another in a scrum. Lets hope the little guys get it done tomnight

My perception of McCreary is he won't call a penalty unless there is an all out mugging. Am I off base on this?

I think he is pretty ego-less and fair. He'll make the clear call, and consults his linesmen as well. You don't get much diving in his games. (Reimer diving on Tues. never gets called if McCreary is on the ice).

He doesn't seem to feel he needs to even calls out, like Koharski used to.

He's certainly much less likely to call things behind the play. IMO.

When Devorski refs there is usually a lot more diving, and stick holding by players trying to draw calls. He probably calls more stick minors than anyone I've ever seen at any level.

I really wasn't including Miller in this so I can see the argument there but we only have Leopold out on D and they have Erskine, Green, Wideman and Poti out. And as an added bonus, Nylander is out at Center too.

Peter Bondra & Olaf Kolzig also out for tonight.

Archived