Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

WGR Reporting that Miller may not play tonight...more news to follow, when and if they can confirm their tip...

No link, just listening to it now.

It must be because his stock is falling, I mean, according to some, it's not like he'd show up anyways...right? :wallbash:

In all seriousness, if you look at Miller's numbers over the past few years, this isn't his worst season, it's in fact slightly average. OH MY GOD he had a super year trying to prove he belonged in the Olympics and on the National stage, now all of a sudden he's back to his usual "I'll give you guys a chance, don't leave me hanging out here to dry" style of play and it's like "OFF WITH HIS HEAD!" He's always given the Sabres a chance to win, and has in most games this year, he called himself stupid yesterday.

I mean come one, he's still better than half the goalies in the league!

It must be because his stock is falling, I mean, according to some, it's not like he'd show up anyways...right? :wallbash:

In all seriousness, if you look at Miller's numbers over the past few years, this isn't his worst season, it's in fact slightly average. OH MY GOD he had a super year trying to prove he belonged in the Olympics and on the National stage, now all of a sudden he's back to his usual "I'll give you guys a chance, don't leave me hanging out here to dry" style of play and it's like "OFF WITH HIS HEAD!" He's always given the Sabres a chance to win, and has in most games this year, he called himself stupid yesterday.

I mean come one, he's still better than half the goalies in the league!

It's not so much that his stock is dropping it's just that he rarely shows up and probably wouldn't have tonight.

I only hope we can get something for him before he hits free agency otherwise he'll end up winning a cup in Detroit. Detroit would never let a dropped stock of a goalie who rarely shows up get past them.

GO SABRES!!!

Injury : / not good. I mean he had a bad game, im over it everyone does on every team at some point in the season....but, we need him non injured if/when we have a playoff run!! Huge game tonight, our D has to show up and be better or it wont matter who's in net, and damn it Monty, stop giving the puck away in front of the net!!!!

Rant over : )

GO SABS

Sounds like they are calling it an "Upper Body Injury." No word on how long he may be out.

Maybe the shot he took yesterday knocked his eyes out of alignment? I had a car with headlights like that once it made night driving kinda tough.

It's not so much that his stock is dropping it's just that he rarely shows up and probably wouldn't have tonight.

I only hope we can get something for him before he hits free agency otherwise he'll end up winning a cup in Detroit. Detroit would never let a dropped stock of a goalie who rarely shows up get past them.

GO SABRES!!!

:death:

How many GM's do you think would be in line for him anyways?

On a seriousness note: I'm excited to see Marc-Andre play. I think seeing him up here at this point in the year will be a first-look for next year.

:death:

How many GM's do you think would be in line for him anyways?

On a seriousness note: I'm excited to see Marc-Andre play. I think seeing him up here at this point in the year will be a first-look for next year.

In line for Miller? Nobody. Lucky for Miller that Detroit, which has a history of signing crappy players and then winning cups with them, will pick him up.

Agree about Gragnani. I look for him and Mancari to play big tonight. Hell, with Enroth in net and Ellis in as well, it'll be like Portland south. Or is that west?

GO SABRES!!!

Uncle Vito says they're lining up in Vegas to bet the Rangers like it's Holy Thursday at the Broadway Market and they're handing out free butter lambs.

No kidding. It looks like the shorting of bank stocks in 2008. Big bettors are expecting a NYR win tonight for sure.

Figures. Shades of Hasek. Get fed up with the team and quit on them when they need you most. Faux injuries and Sabres goalies. Next he'll be wanting a trade.

Kidding !! Just freaking kidding !!!

*maybe*

WGR Reporting that Miller may not play tonight...more news to follow, when and if they can confirm their tip...

No link, just listening to it now.

Lindy could be just giving Miller a night off and letting Enroth get some reps, but Schopp & the Dope are on the air acting like Miller might have lost a limb in a freak bread-buttering accident. Buffalo sports radio...as bad as the teams they cover.

PTR

Lindy could be just giving Miller a night off and letting Enroth get some reps, but Schopp & the Dope are on the air acting like Miller might have lost a limb in a freak bread-buttering accident. Buffalo sports radio...as bad as the teams they cover.

PTR

Lindy? Willingly putting in the backup? In a game against a team with which they're fighting for position?

Good one.

Lindy? Willingly putting in the backup? In a game against a team with which they're fighting for position?

Good one.

Unless he wants Miller to drop dead from exhaustion before the playoffs, then yeah. Besides, who cares about 7th seed (other than weave). It's CAR we need to worry about.

PTR

Unless he wants Miller to drop dead from exhaustion before the playoffs, then yeah. Besides, who cares about 7th seed (other than weave). It's CAR we need to worry about.

PTR

I don't necessarily disagree with you; it's not something Lindy does.

PTR

You don't "get" context, do you?

W

Miller and many guys on the team have been doing a lot of "showing up" the last three months. People around here have trouble accepting the fact that no team can win every game. On the wagon one day, off the next.

Exactly. No need to panic.

Rangers seem to be playing strong; at least, they looked playoff-ready when I saw them play the Pens last week.

Go Sabres!

THREE POINTS! And nothing but off days until Saturday. There is NO WAY Miller is resting tonight; he's healing. And unless he takes care of it by next week, his spring will be wide open for a variety of therapeutic treatments.

This would be funnier if you'd spelled Smehlik right.

Archived