Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

Per Bill Hoppe Tweet:

Bill Hoppe

#Sabres Marc-Andre Gragani in, Matt Ellis up from Portland. Mike Grier and Shaone Morrisonn (likely) out.

Replacing Hecht with Ellis. Ugh. Matt works hard but there ain't no points coming from him. I guess we'll see Gaustad up in the top 6.

I'd expect the Sabres to be in the same mood they were after losing to Nashville. And on the start of a 3 game run.

I'll agree with this, the Sabres and more importantly Miller generally responds well comming off a weak game. They were terrible last night IMO and didn't even really deserve to be tied half way through the game. Rangers arn't nearly as quick as Buffalo and the Sabres should respond.

Theres a guy in the HSL wearing a lundqvist jersey and I wanna throw crap at him... Win or lose this is the biggest game of the year! Lol just wanted to say that. In all seriousness this is a big game and could help us reestablish our cushion on carolina and possibly stuff the NYR's in between us. We were always going to lose 1 of the 5 big games over the past week so if it had to be the leafs I am good with that. Time to dig deep and remember what tpegs said "it doesnt help to panic" (something like that)

You left out all the near-losses and games the other teams handed us. It's a wonder anyone watches this team, especially with the terrible ownership and all.

PTR

The $6M goaltender and promises of "next year" keep me glued to the TV on game nights. But that's just me.

W

Conference tiebreakers are as follows:

1) non-shootout wins

2) points head-to-head

3) goal differential

Right now we have every standings tie-breaker over CAR but one. We have more non-shootout wins and we have a +23 goal differential advantage. What we don't have is points earned head-to-head. CAR leads 4-3. We need at least an OT win to tie 5-5. Obviously winning outright is preferred.

PTR

Fixed that for you.;)

Miller needs to be riding the Pine Pony tonight because Enroth is the better choice, as he was last night...Lindy needs to wake up because Millers stock is dropping fast...personally last nights performance was not worthy of the AHL...he saved him self later in the game but really Miller rarely shows up to the games he needs too and it is frustrating

Miller needs to be riding the Pine Pony tonight because Enroth is the better choice, as he was last night...Lindy needs to wake up because Millers stock is dropping fast...personally last nights performance was not worthy of the AHL...he saved him self later in the game but really Miller rarely shows up to the games he needs too and it is frustrating

Really? He didn't show up the previous three games? Or were those games that he didn't need to show up for?

Miller = NHL Player of the Week with 2 shout outs in 3 games. :doh: I don't disagree that Miller should get some nights off, but please step back from the ledge when describing Miller's stock as "dropping fast."

PTR

Really? He didn't show up the previous three games? Or were those games that he didn't need to show up for?

When T-Pegs heard Miller was the NHL 1st star last week, he had Ted Black make him a Titanium star to hang over his locker. Unfortunately, Miller was blinded by the combination of locker room lighting and the reflection of Paul Hamilton emanating from the star just minutes before taking the ice. Hence goal #1.

Miller rarely shows up? What was our record and where did we sit in the standings in mid-December? I'm pretty sure that was Miller in goal for 2 shutouts last week, especially the Montreal game immediately after the Nashville debacle.

Miller and many guys on the team have been doing a lot of "showing up" the last three months. People around here have trouble accepting the fact that no team can win every game. On the wagon one day, off the next.

I'd say many Sabre "fans" have more trouble showing up than Miller.

GO SABRES!!!

First off you played teams you should beat catching montreal at a very weak point, an awful florida team, and an NJ team who has been on the decline...look at the games in the past month that we could have closed the door on potential playoff teams...Carolina, Toronto twice...look back at the games from this month...Nashville who was really to blame not all on the defense from my point of view...before the three game run Miller let in atleast 3 goals a game in 9 of 12 games...as weird as it is to say Offense has been propelling this team this year not defense or goal tending...our offense showed up last night Miller did not

Miller rarely shows up? What was our record and where did we sit in the standings in mid-December? I'm pretty sure that was Miller in goal for 2 shutouts last week, especially the Montreal game immediately after the Nashville debacle.

Miller and many guys on the team have been doing a lot of "showing up" the last three months. People around here have trouble accepting the fact that no team can win every game. On the wagon one day, off the next.

I'd say many Sabre "fans" have more trouble showing up than Miller.

GO SABRES!!!

Read what I just posted...miller is not the savior of this team the fact that we are tied for second amongst players above 30 points with 10 is what has propelled us..watch the games, learn the facts...

Read what I just posted...miller is not the savior of this team the fact that we are tied for second amongst players above 30 points with 10 is what has propelled us..watch the games, learn the facts...

Who said Miller is the savior of this team? What sports fan in their right mind thinks any ONE player is the savior of ANY team in ANY team sport? You should follow your own advice and "learn the facts" about team sports. Especially hockey.

But that's beside the point. This is about your absurd notion that Miller "rarely shows up" and that his "stock is dropping fast." You put something that ignorant out there you should expect to be called out on it. Find me ONE person connected to the game that agrees with you and I will reconsider the notion that your post is one of the more asinine that I've read around here in a while.

GO SABRES!!!

Archived