Ryan Miller physical condition

Ghost of Dwight Drane

There is great debate on Ryan Miller and whether Lindy overworks him, given his physical stature...and just in general.

Here are two videos.

First is of Miller being interviewed last winter after getting word he was on the olympic team.

Second is of his interview yesterday. Head on shot at 1:20 on.

Miller 1

Miller 2

There is great debate on Ryan Miller and whether Lindy overworks him, given his physical stature...and just in general.

Here are two videos.

First is of Miller being interviewed last winter after getting word he was on the olympic team.

Second is of his interview yesterday.

Miller 1

Miller 2

Not sure I'm buying into this talk. Valid thread as it has been discussed tho. Miller is tied for fifth in the league in Games Played. The guy on the other side of the rink tonight has played four more games than Ryan. Maybe his dietition should be to blame if he can't handle this workload.

Here are two videos.

Second is of his interview yesterday.

Miller 1

Miller 2

That boy needs a weggies sub and a nap. Seriously, maybe Enroth should get 2-3 starts in the last ten. Ovechkin is taking a break (hes injured sorta) why cant miller... o yea we could still miss the playoffs. Miller is clearly stressed and idk but since that corsby goal in the olympics hes been eh.

I know you can't know for sure and I'm not saying I'm just saying sounds like he wanted to rip his team a new one right out their on the ice after it happened and had to get out of Dodge before he exploded.

So sounds like a Jethro Tull last 10 game stretch. Linky

If the Sabres had scored even ONE power play goal in the playoffs last year, they probably win that series.

They didn't need a powerplay goal! They won one game and had 2 goal leads in 2 other games, all without the benefit of a powerplay goal, or Vanek. If the goalie could have made some saves (against the lowest scoring team in the league) they would have won the series.

Oh no. We're going down those roads again, aren't we?

OK, my input.... Miller is a 55, maybe 60 game game goalie. He's not Brodeur or Hasek. I don't knwo if stature has anything to do with it. I just think he isn't good enough to justify running 5 out of 6 games.

And there are TONS of if's and but's to be spoken re: last seasons' playoffs. IF we scored one PP goal. IF Vanel didn't get hurt. How about; IF Savard was healthy. and it goes on..... Bottom line, ya gotta beat the team you are matched up against.

All the Sabres are gaunt. Lets see a video of that fat basturd Raffi Torres!

Did you see how uneven Miller's eyes are? Its almost like he has a disease!

That has got to mess up his depth perception. You know - same as how Asians get to see the world in widescreen while I'm still stuck in 4:3.

Note: Ooh! and I got that stereotype in without using the word d o n g.

You don't have to say whether or not losing his weight hinders his game, just look at the videos and tell me there isn't a difference in his weight.

Miller himself says he tries to keep weight on. If it doesn't matter, why does he try and keep it?

Yesterday's interview stood out to me. I don't care what he said, just how he looked knowing there are 10 games in 19 days.

This isn't a surprise. Neither will be the results over the next 10...or 15 games if we are lucky.

You don't have to say whether or not losing his weight hinders his game, just look at the videos and tell me there isn't a difference in his weight.

Miller himself says he tries to keep weight on. If it doesn't matter, why does he try and keep it?

Yesterday's interview stood out to me. I don't care what he said, just how he looked knowing there are 10 games in 19 days.

This isn't a surprise. Neither will be the results over the next 10...or 15 games if we are lucky.

Back to back games in less than 24 hours is probably a 12 lb. loss of water at least. Not pretty to look at.

If you've ever driven near UB...you might not laugh.

I KNOW! One of them thought a stop sign meant speed up cuz he almost plowed into the side of my car today by capen/governors... freaking Asians can not drive. Ryan Miller has been good and his defense has been iffy all year so lets hope he can eat a sandwich and regain some weight and give us some playoff support because right now when someone shoots on him idk which miller is going to be there... holy ###### theres a puck to stop or I got this.

Back to back games in less than 24 hours is probably a 12 lb. loss of water at least. Not pretty to look at.

He must have one hell of a goiter then, because last time I checked, you don't have that much water weight in your face to lose unless you are pumping steroids Jerry Lewis style or are in organ failure.

OK, my input.... Miller is a 55, maybe 60 game game goalie. He's not Brodeur or Hasek. I don't knwo if stature has anything to do with it. I just think he isn't good enough to justify running 5 out of 6 games.

And there are TONS of if's and but's to be spoken re: last seasons' playoffs. IF we scored one PP goal. IF Vanel didn't get hurt. How about; IF Savard was healthy. and it goes on..... Bottom line, ya gotta beat the team you are matched up against.

I dont think its stature, Hasek was a beanpole as well.

AS for him being worn out, his numbers dont support that conclusion. There hasnt been a dropoff in his save pct.

Also, he is about the same size as Fluery, played about the same games and have similar save %. They arent clamoring for Fleury to be benched in Pitt.

Are you listening Lindy?

I dont think its stature, Hasek was a beanpole as well.

AS for him being worn out, his numbers dont support that conclusion. There hasnt been a dropoff in his save pct.

Also, he is about the same size as Fluery, played about the same games and have similar save %. They arent clamoring for Fleury to be benched in Pitt.

I wasn't suggesting he's worn out. I simply mean that I don't think he is a good enough goalie to warrant playing 5 out of every 6 games. In the proper scenario, we would have a decent backup and Miller would only see 55, maybe 60 games per year. Unfortunately, our backup goalie situation sucks and we are stuck playing a top 25 goalie like he is a top 3 goalie.

Once he gets married that groin trouble goes away, right?

Edit: Assquatch beat me to it, but took it in a completely different angle.

In my best Johnny Carson voice...."So didya hear this one....didya hear this......Ryan Miller...just announced that he is going to get married over the summer..........Talk about getting an early jump on a playoff beard."

I wasn't suggesting he's worn out. I simply mean that I don't think he is a good enough goalie to warrant playing 5 out of every 6 games. In the proper scenario, we would have a decent backup and Miller would only see 55, maybe 60 games per year. Unfortunately, our backup goalie situation sucks and we are stuck playing a top 25 goalie like he is a top 3 goalie.

My bad, i know many are suggesting that. His numbers show he certainly isnt that sharp this year.

Would a backup be more successful than playing Miller?

All in all i dont think he is what ills this team the most. Poor Defensive zone play is as much to blame.

Archived