GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

He always thinks he has the wraparound in his back pocket.

I swear that's it. But someone's gotta tell him he's also got one of the neatest slappers in the league and it's OK to use it from the slot more often.

GO SABRES!!!

I like the lines we've skated the past two games:

Vanek - Timmy - Pommer

Ennis - Boyes - Stafford

Gerbe - Goose - Mancari

Niedervanek - McCormick - Grier

All four seem to be generating chances.

No room for Kaleta when he's healthy.

Hecht coming back will jumble things up though. I'm sure Mancari will go back to Portland then.

On whether Sarah Darling is Ted's daughter / a relation...

How long has she been doing the anthem? Is she a Pegula add-on? I liked her rendition today (just re-upped for Center Ice for last part of last night's game, know they announced her yesterday on gr550.com).

Good second period (second half of 2nd period) by Sabres. Keep it up!

Apparently she's a country singer who is looking for something to do with her hands. (Link was chz's from yesterday's GDT.) Not sure why she is in town or if she is permanent or semi-permanent; it's been either Allen or Minogue for every other game this season that I've noticed.

How this team got away from Sabre Dance is beyond me. It just sounds so right to hear it again.

Haven't they been skating out after intermissions to Sabre Dance for a couple of years now (at least)?

I kind of like them skating out to the Stones at the beginning of the game, but I wouldn't mind a return to Sabre Dance.

Must be the Nashville connection.

Had to sit through her video at the end of the second intermission yesterday. Meh.

Prior to that, they were playing that awful 'sail away' song. Why?

Guess I picked a bad time to not go to the concessions.

Of the eight goals scored yesterday, I really missed them playing 'brown sugar' after atleast one of them.

I think Erat is too often overlooked. I like his game a lot and would like to see him in the right shade of blue and gold sometime.

Marty is very skilled with the puck. IMHO, he'd put up better numbers in a less defensive-minded system (and with linemates who can consistently finish).

Archived