Stamkos

BuffaloSoldier2010

I had mighty taco for lunch. Anyone else want to share their lunchtime food as the rest of this thread is good for absolutely nothing(except for Ink's BJ post that is :blush: ).

I had two ham sandwiches, a can of v-8 and a cup of broccoli soup

Protein bar and a yogurt, strawberry.

A "protein bar"? Is that what the in girls call it these days?

I see we are on similar diets, I had 1/2 a tub of macroons, a dozen or so pieces of biscotti, left over Chinese, two soda's and a bag of chips.

If you are on a similar diet then what are macaroons a euphemism for?

Oh wait, the left over Chinese was the protein.

edit: Inky, is that a single act that lasts for an entire life or is it multiple acts? I'm not sure how the first one would work out, but since we're talking about incredibly likely events, I might as well ask.

Multiple acts, just as I get into bed everynight, while my girl plays with her #####.

You'd make Tiorunda proud.

Not only did we enjoy our grilled cheese in Tiorunda, we also liked to return our parents beer bottles to the store for cash so we could buy cigarettes. Then we would play in the sewers where we made friends with the sewer rats who ate those cigarettes when we stashed them in the pipe overnight. :thumbsup:

sorry buffalo soldier, but i tried to warn you.

He's fine, just respond to the posts about the subject matter of the thread and find humor in the others. I do.

The folks I have been reading on this board are pretty funny, they do roll with the humor, but that shouldn't turn anyone away from posting on the subject matter of the original post, even if others knock it.

He's fine, just respond to the posts about the subject matter of the thread and find humor in the others. I do.

The folks I have been reading on this board are pretty funny, they do roll with the humor, but that shouldn't turn anyone away from posting on the subject matter of the original post, even if others knock it.

good point, what do you feel about Stamkos dumb_dumb88? worth it, or stay clear?

That's an extremely tough call for me. As much as I would love to have Stamkos, ~$10 mil contract and 4 first rounder is a real steep price to pay. We don't have anybody we could possibly trade to re-acquire any of those first rounders, so I don't know what the next 4 years of draft classes look like, but we could be missing out on some good youth for the future.

At the same time, Stamkos is the ultimate youth for the future, so it would probably be a good move. That's a lot of salary tied up in him and Vanek though, and would limit our options at other positions.

That's an extremely tough call for me. As much as I would love to have Stamkos, ~$10 mil contract and 4 first rounder is a real steep price to pay. We don't have anybody we could possibly trade to re-acquire any of those first rounders, so I don't know what the next 4 years of draft classes look like, but we could be missing out on some good youth for the future.

At the same time, Stamkos is the ultimate youth for the future, so it would probably be a good move. That's a lot of salary tied up in him and Vanek though, and would limit our options at other positions.

I don't believe it's a real steep price given the product given, the prestige that would be created for the organization and the potential to increase current roster asset values by virtue of the elevated (inflated to some) production capacity of other players due to Stamkos himself.

Is Stamkos worth four 1st round draft picks if each of those picks are most likely going to be above the 15th overall?

I believe so.

Not only that, but Roy's return gives us 2 lines to run with next season, Stamkos and Roy as centers with multiple linemate combinations with Vanek, Stafford, Ennis, Pominville and Boyes. Possibily a young kid comes in and impresses as well from the AHL or even the Juniors, say Kassian for example.

The point on the draft picks can be negated by moving them in a trade prior to the end of their contract, like Pominville or Stafford for instance. Would they get us a 1st round pick? Depends on their production, but I have to believe with Roy and Stamkos as the centers, barring any serious lost injury time by the 2 that we could see increased numbers from those players, thereby making them more valuable.

srry dd88 I saw that after i posted, and sportsbuff has a point is it worth 4 first rounders? I would like to think so but at the same time I would rather have Richards for say 4-5 years for prob around 8mil and that plugs a hole until that draft pick for say this year is coached and molded into a top center. Tough spot but I could go either way.

Interesting points. Do you really think Monty and Staff cam be had for a combined 6 mil per. If so, then do it. Unfortunately on the open market, I believe both would command 4+ million per. Stafford will like finish with over 30 goals and most teams would prob pay 5 mil per for that kind of producation.

Also, on Stamkos, who said his established market value is 10 million per for 12 seasons! That is insane. He could be had for MUCH less. Take this as an example: THE most expensive contract on the market presently is Ovechkin. He is signed for the next 9 years for a total cost of 111 million. I bet you could offer Stamkos a contract for 100 million (10 mil over 10 seasons) that he or the lightning could not refuse. This guy is no way worth Ovechkin money IMO.

My numbers are from that site Cap Geek, Weave pointed me there and my son also knew of it. 10 mil for Stamkos and we could still afford to re-sign Montador and Stafford to very good contracts for them.

2011-2012 Sabres current cap outlook: $40,842,024 with 12 players under contract and 6 players on the current roster RFA's (excluding Mancari, I don't see him coming back next season)

RFA's

Drew Stafford - 3.7 mil a season for 2 or 3 seasons?

Steve Montador - 2.3 mil a season for 2 or 3 seasons?

Andrej Sekera - 1.5 mil a season for 3 seasons?

Chris Butler - 1 mil a season for 2 or 3 seasons? (I think he should be traded, Weber is much, much better, and the pipeline is stacked)

Mike Weber - 800k for 2 seasons?

Jhonas Enroth - 900k for 2 seasons?

(just a guess mind you) Total RFA signing's: 10.2 million

Speculative Cap ceiling next season: 61.5 million

10.2 million + 40,842,024 = 51,042,024

So, just guessing right now, a 10 mil a season contract puts Buffalo at 19 players with just under 500k left.

It's all speculation however on those RFA contracts, I went high on them to see where we would stand. I honestly believe we'll have around 1.5 to 2 million left as some of those contracts were a bit inflated.

But Hecht and Morrisonn come off at the end of next season for a total of 5.6 million in additional space for the 12/13 season.

Let's look at Ennis and Myers needing contracts, Myers at what? 4.5 to 5 mil a season for 4 years and Ennis at 2.5 to 2.75 for 3 or 4 years and the cap ceiling up to around 63 million? Sound reasonable or no?

Archived