Stamkos

BuffaloSoldier2010

Now that Two and a Half Men is out of the running, what do you guys think of the Sabres picking up Stamos over the Summer? I believe he's a free agent and I always thought his wife was pretty hot.

I'm pretty sure they broke up. I seem to remember her dropping the Stamos from her name. And all this talk of Stamos made me think back to that hair he had in the early 90s. That hair then made me think of another guy we absolutely need to sign, Jaromir Jagr... but only if he grows the hair back out.

Interesting points. Do you really think Monty and Staff cam be had for a combined 6 mil per. If so, then do it. Unfortunately on the open market, I believe both would command 4+ million per. Stafford will like finish with over 30 goals and most teams would prob pay 5 mil per for that kind of producation.

Also, on Stamkos, who said his established market value is 10 million per for 12 seasons! That is insane. He could be had for MUCH less. Take this as an example: THE most expensive contract on the market presently is Ovechkin. He is signed for the next 9 years for a total cost of 111 million. I bet you could offer Stamkos a contract for 100 million (10 mil over 10 seasons) that he or the lightning could not refuse. This guy is no way worth Ovechkin money IMO.

I understand you feelings on a 10 million dollar, 12 season contract. My opinion, once again, is yes, this kid is worth that money. But do not confuse that with why he is being offered the contract length and amount.

Basically, if we were to have a chance to offer sheet Stamkos, and let's just say for a moment that we could, it has to be a knock your socks off offer to even remotely have a chance to get this kid. Remember this, Tampa most likely matches any offer, but an offer at that amount and that length of time may make them think just for a moment.

As for Stafford and Montador, there is no way Montador sniffs 4 million a season, just not going to happen. He'll want to stay with the Sabres, he already knows whats coming here in Buffalo with the new owner, new culture, etc..etc... He is going to stick around, and honestly, he'll see 2.5 mil maximum.

Stafford won't see a penny over 4 mil a season, and that number is inflated, more likely he'll see 3.5 to 3.7 mil a season for 2 or 3 seasons. Stafford has to prove he can be consistent at this level of production and is not a 1 year wonder or a contract year thing.

5 mil a season just isn't in the cards for him, and he's still an RFA anyways.

Archived