Game Discussion Thread

thesportsbuff

I watched on time warner ch 700 in hd. I didn't have any issues with the feed.

Me too, no problems.

That was a tough game to win, but they stuck it out, even though they started to look like they got into that prevent Defense mode for a bit.

Looked like Pommer took over faceoffs for him late in the game. I know Boyes got kicked out of one but I'm almost certain I saw Pommer take at least two more faceoffs later on.

Pommers took 8 faceoffs and won 4. Boyes took 6 faceoffs and won 1.

Finally, flyers scored putting the Sabres out of their misery. One bullet is all it takes these days..

This game has that hopeless, we aren't going to score feeling to it.

down 0-2 can anyone say golf...

My prediction is the Devils and Maple Leafs make the playoffs before Buffalo. Rangers aren't playing much better so they are probably out too.

With the way the Devils and Leafs have played lately? It's got nothing to do with attitude, it's got everything to do with reality. How can you watch this team and think about the playoffs?

Where have you haters gone? Are you back on the band wagon yet? What a great game! They are putting together a great road trip.

Sekera with 8 points in 4 games. WOW.

He's just 24 years old too. He should be able to address whatever issues he currently has and round out into an awesome player for us long term.

I can't get over how well he has been skating lately. You can see now why he is being compared to Brian Campbell.

I couldn't believe MSG! Pulling a game with 90 secs left with teh goalie pulled and they didn't even show sports! They MSG execs and producers should be forced to watch Heidi for 24 hours straight. My only problem with the Sabres starting their own network, will Albany have access. Before the Sabres fell into MSG, we didn't get Empire (at least on TWC).

Yea, I know. They just showed a bunch of hefty people sitting the the stands.

Sekera has exploded lately... hes not just getting lucky either, hes simply working hard and playing well. I hope he doesnt break out of this trend anytime soon. In 20:55 of ice time he had 1g, 1a, +2, 2bs, 4sog, and stayed out of the penalty box.

Where have you haters gone? Are you back on the band wagon yet? What a great game! They are putting together a great road trip.

Yeah, but was anyone NOT feeling that way? The Sabres were holding on the dear life in the first period, and not very well since the Flyers were up 2-0 after 20 minutes.

I admit that I was surprised by how strong they came back.

Sekera has exploded lately... hes not just getting lucky either, hes simply working hard and playing well. I hope he doesnt break out of this trend anytime soon. In 20:55 of ice time he had 1g, 1a, +2, 2bs, 4sog, and stayed out of the penalty box.

Must be time to move him to a forward line. :)

Lets hope the Hawks handle the Leafs. We need to widen the gap there.

Chicago may become the Sabres best friend if the beat the Laffs after crushing Carolina last night. On a side note, how sweet would it be it Buffalo pulls off a miracle and somehow steals Patrick Sharp from this this summer? I'm pretty sure he is a RFA though.

Chicago may become the Sabres best friend if the beat the Laffs after crushing Carolina last night. On a side note, how sweet would it be it Buffalo pulls off a miracle and somehow steals Patrick Sharp from this this summer? I'm pretty sure he is a RFA though.

patrick sharp has a year left on his contract at 3.9 mil and will then be a ufa

Sabres have 2 games in hand tomorrow and Tuesday to get 2 points and overtake the hurricanes who are sitting Idle until Wed. so I like our chances,

It would really be nice to get all 4 points and put the pressure on them for a change :ph34r:

I give Rick props for bringing it up in the third period that he was wrong about the high stick on Myers (he complained it should have been a penalty when it was in fact a Sabres player's stick that cut him), but he said "thanks to the war room in Toronto for pointing that out." I'm just wondering how often the war room in Toronto "points out" these kind of things... did they give Versus a call when the announcers complained Ennis took a dive against Carolina?

Yeah, I wondered myself why the war room has time to look into stuff like this. Rick was pretty tough on the ref. Maybe somebody from the league office called the war room. Weird.

Trade for him and sign him to an extension? I wonder if the Blackhawks would even be interested in trading him this summer at all.

We do have two wingers to trade -- Stafford (RFA) and Ennis (rookie) -- who could help us land a new star center.

Thanks. I was confused because on the Hawks broadcast last night all they were talking about was trying to resign him and locking him down. But he is exactly the kind of center the Sabres need. Well, when his contract expires he would fit very nicely into Pegs 3 year plan.

Archived