Game Discussion Thread

thesportsbuff

BTW here is something for shift charts

http://www.timeonice.com/

You just put the game number in.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=2010020974&navid=sb:recap

The bolded is the game number

Enjoy!

Where did you get the game number from? I tried that with the official game number I saw on the NHL score sheet from yesterday's game--0974 or something like that--and it didn't work.

Where did you get the game number from? I tried that with the official game number I saw on the NHL score sheet from yesterday's game--0974 or something like that--and it didn't work.

Its in the URL, its the last five numbers and it begins with 2

If it's the scrum I'm thinking of, I loved that. Nothing was really happening, the Gaustad started taking names and numbers. The Sabres initiated instead of reacted. You known damn well three seconds later the Flyers were going to get the ball rolling.

As far as I know, all you can do is study the play by play log where the players on the ice are listed for each event that occurs (hit, takeaway, faceoff etc.).

All the NHL has to do is hire some computer geeks to figure out how to mine all the data they have for each game. You'd think a program could be written to count the number of shifts each line has together, time on the ice together, giveaways vs. takeaways for each line etc.

the shot charts would be nice too... a buisness for a data miner?

the shot charts would be nice too... a buisness for a data miner?

Definitely.

I hope the Sabres have someone who mines all that data. Lindy needs to know who his best faceoff guy is on the road in the last five minutes in the defensive zone with a one-goal lead. It's probably Gaustad, but the data might show otherwise.

When are the Sabres most likely to take a penalty?

Do they really let up after scoring a goal?

carp, send your resume in.

Archived