Game Discussion Thread

thesportsbuff

Just got in and cannot believe the outcome. I went out with the boy when it was 2 zip and just found out we won. Huge road win.

Not happy about yet another SHG though. Yikes.

But coming back, on the road against the NHL's 2nd best team after being down 2 zip, giving up a shortie and not scoring on a 5 on 3, tells me that the Law of Attraction was working well with the boys today.

Imagine if they'd not shat the bed so many times at home!

Just got in and cannot believe the outcome. I went out with the boy when it was 2 zip and just found out we won. Huge road win.

But coming back, on the road against the NHL's 2nd best team after being down 2 zip, giving up a shortie and not scoring on a 5 on 3, tells me that the Law of Attraction was working well with the boys today.

Well after the first period the shatty home fans would have booed them off the ice and declared, "this team sucks, they won't make the playoffs, and so and so makes too much money, and whine, and cry, and blah blah blah... This team has to loves the road because they can get away from the negative, over-critical, seasonally depressed Buffalo crowd.

Seriously. And six of seven at home after this trip!

Why bother? Just put Weber back in and set Reggie loose on the wing with the way he's playing now :thumbsup:

As one of the so called hater, not really. Just think the Sabres badly need a center. What is incredible to me is that they are winning without a 1st or 2nd line center. The wings are doing incredible things without one. Connolly needs to go period. Too many give aways, missing the net on shots and scared of carrying the puck up the ice.

Thank God that Ennis does that on his own. Often though the D carries the puck up ice led by Sekera, Myers and Montador and it has gotten somewhat predictable.

Weber has been trying too, but hasn't gotten there yet and probably needs a break. He has taken and given a lot of hits lately.

Bottom line, they need a puck carrying center, with all the wings, they should be able to get one in the off season, but don't get rid of Ennis in the process.

Ruff said Grier and Jochen out for tomorrow, will have to call someone up. Byron?

Anybody know what happened to Grier?

Do U guy's think Leo was out recently cuz another concuss?

I wonder in Darcy remembers that MN waived that Parrish dude...and he's from MN?

As one of the so called hater, not really. Just think the Sabres badly need a center. What is incredible to me is that they are winning without a 1st or 2nd line center. The wings are doing incredible things without one. Connolly needs to go period. Too many give aways, missing the net on shots and scared of carrying the puck up the ice.

Thank God that Ennis does that on his own. Often though the D carries the puck up ice led by Sekera, Myers and Montador and it has gotten somewhat predictable.

Weber has been trying too, but hasn't gotten there yet and probably needs a break. He has taken and given a lot of hits lately.

Bottom line, they need a puck carrying center, with all the wings, they should be able to get one in the off season, but don't get rid of Ennis in the process.

You must be very disappointed with today's outcome. Did you stop watching after the first period and polish your golf clubs? Good thing you found something to complain about though. Adding the D to the rush is Lindy's goal, adds excitement, and results in goals. Sekera is tearing it up and Weber's job is to stay at home and hand out tickets to the bruise cruise. Connolly sucks, and they need a center? Is the sky blue? If you are going to keep on hating, at least find something a little less obvious to whine about. I'm sure I'll see you at the parade in 2014, and 2015.

Huge win on the road that's 11 points out of a possible 12 on our last 6 road games..Don't let them back into HSBC play the game in the parking lot.

Yeah, at this rate it might be a good thing Buffalo will be a lower seed if they make the playoffs. :P

Jeez, I still think Paul Hamilton sounds good calling Sabres games. He called the Sekera goal on WGR55 and you can hear it on their site.

Maybe they'll split up the duties in the fall, Rick on TV, Paul on the radio.

Umm...that was not a no-look - he was eyeballing Pominville for that saucer pass

Probably bad description on my part - more like a goalie fake than a no-look pass. He's looking at Pommers the whole time but then throws it more on net like a shot (even though it was a pass to Pommer) so maybe that fooled Bobrovsky. Anyhow I don't care which it was; it was sweet, and they scored. :)

You must be very disappointed with today's outcome. Did you stop watching after the first period and polish your golf clubs? Good thing you found something to complain about though. Adding the D to the rush is Lindy's goal, adds excitement, and results in goals. Sekera is tearing it up and Weber's job is to stay at home and hand out tickets to the bruise cruise. Connolly sucks, and they need a center? Is the sky blue? If you are going to keep on hating, at least find something a little less obvious to whine about. I'm sure I'll see you at the parade in 2014, and 2015.

LOL, Not disappointed. You misunderstand my frustration. I want the Sabres to win the cup. I am been following them since as far back as I can remember. I have a hockey stick autographed by the 75 Sabres, met Korab and Perrault back then and really like Ruff. I am not a hater, but I see their potential minus the obvious keys. So I am going to continue to whine about the obvious things until something is actually done about them.

P.S. You are right about Weber and that is probably why he is sitting because he has been trying to carry the puck up ice himself borne out of necessity or frustration since he has no center. So call me a hater if you want, but you don't see me criticizing Leopold, Weber is still growing or Kaleta. I criticize lack of effort a la Connolly and the inconsistency of Stafford due to effort and the mindlessness of Hecht. Also the lack of talent at a key position (Danny Briere)... a la Darcy Regier.

Fix the problem. Patience is not a virtue...

Off to a Kelowna Rockets game in a few minutes. Got freebees. First game I've gone to since Tyler Myers played on the team. And my little girl's first ever live hockey game of any kind. Just wanted to share.

This will be the day it all changes for your daughter haha

Hockey is an addicting sport! have fun at the game!

Yeah, but was anyone NOT feeling that way? The Sabres were holding on the dear life in the first period, and not very well since the Flyers were up 2-0 after 20 minutes.I admit that I was surprised by how strong they came back.

I thought they were playing well in the first, except their goalie was out to lunch. If the Sabres weren't up to the task, the Flyers could have had a few more by the end of that period.

I don't know what the hell is the matter with Miller this year. My wife thinks he's not only distracted by the wedding, but thinks the soon-to-be-Mrs-Miller is whispering things in his ear like Wormtongue - stuff like he's too good for Buffalo, the teams sucks without him, etc. etc.

A couple of random thoughts from the arena today...

- The giant section of Sabres fans in the Upper Level were awesome. They had Let's Go Buffalo chants going that were drowing out the Flyer fans at times.

- There was so much confusion around that Ennis goal, it was unreal. People in our section were just livid because they thought Kaleta was going to the box for interference, and then instead a goal gets put up on the board.

- I thought they played a pretty solid game, save for the last 10 minutes of the 1st period. When they went down 2-0, that place was really buzzing, but after the Sekera goal, it really took the wind out of their sails. I thought they did a really nice job after the Pominville goal of shutting the Flyers down, and limiting the scoring chances.

- Sekera...wow, has he come a long way.

- A great day in Philly for a hockey game...about 60 degrees with a little wind. Hit up Tony Luke's before the game, and went downtown for some beers and food after the game. Amazingly, living 90 minutes from Philly, I have only been out there for 2 Sabres games...I really should do this more often, because that was really enjoyable.

Archived