Game Discussion Thread

thesportsbuff

Buffalo Sabres @ Philadelphia Flyers, 1:00 PM EST on MSG

The Buffalo Sabres come into the game three points behind Carolina, with three games in hand, for 8th place (Carolina lost to Chicago, 5-2, last night) and four points behind the New York Rangers, with four games in hand, for 7th (NY defeated Ottawa, 4-1, last night). Toronto has moved to within one point of the Sabres, but Buffalo has two games in hand. Philadelphia, meanwhile, still enjoys a three point lead over Boston and five point lead over Tampa Bay for first place in the Eastern Conference. However, the Flyers have lost three of their last four (1-2-1), including consecutive losses to Ottawa and Toronto. Hopefully that's a sign that they aren't on their "A" game and perhaps Buffalo can outwork them and get a strong performance from Miller or Enroth, depending who starts for Buffalo.

Ruff announced that Miller won't start both games this weekend, so what's more likely? My bet would be Miller plays vs Philly and Enroth against Minnesota on Sunday. Maybe Lindy will do it the other way around. Hopefully it has another playoff type atmosphere like the Carolina game -- upset with the result but WOW was that a great game all the way through.

BUF Next 5 Games:

Today @ Philadelphia

Tomorrow @ Minnesota

Tuesday @ Pittsburgh

Thursday @ Boston

Friday @ Toronto

CAR Next 5 Games:

Wednesday vs Atlanta

Friday @ Washington

Saturday vs Columbus

Tuesday @ Buffalo

Wednesday vs Toronto

NYR Next 5 Games:

Tomorrow vs Philadelphia

Wednesday @ Anaheim

Saturday @ San Jose

Tuesday vs NY Islanders

Friday vs Montreal

TOR Next 5 Games:

Today vs Chicago

Tuesday @ NY Islanders

Thursday vs Philadelphia

Saturday vs Buffalo

Monday vs Tampa Bay

LET'S GO BUFFALO

Buffalo Sabres @ Philadelphia Flyers, 1:00 PM EST on MSG

The Buffalo Sabres come into the game three points behind Carolina, with three games in hand, for 8th place (Carolina lost to Chicago, 5-2, last night) and four points behind the New York Rangers, with four games in hand, for 7th (NY defeated Ottawa, 4-1, last night). Toronto has moved to within one point of the Sabres, but Buffalo has two games in hand. Philadelphia, meanwhile, still enjoys a three point lead over Boston and five point lead over Tampa Bay for first place in the Eastern Conference. However, the Flyers have lost three of their last four (1-2-1), including consecutive losses to Ottawa and Toronto. Hopefully that's a sign that they aren't on their "A" game and perhaps Buffalo can outwork them and get a strong performance from Miller or Enroth, depending who starts for Buffalo.

Ruff announced that Miller won't start both games this weekend, so what's more likely? My bet would be Miller plays vs Philly and Enroth against Minnesota on Sunday. Maybe Lindy will do it the other way around. Hopefully it has another playoff type atmosphere like the Carolina game -- upset with the result but WOW was that a great game all the way through.

BUF Next 5 Games:

Today @ Philadelphia

Tomorrow @ Minnesota

Tuesday @ Pittsburgh

Thursday @ Boston

Friday @ Toronto

CAR Next 5 Games:

Wednesday vs Atlanta

Friday @ Washington

Saturday vs Columbus

Tuesday @ Buffalo

Wednesday vs Toronto

NYR Next 5 Games:

Tomorrow vs Philadelphia

Wednesday @ Anaheim

Saturday @ San Jose

Tuesday vs NY Islanders

Friday vs Montreal

TOR Next 5 Games:

Today vs Chicago

Tuesday @ NY Islanders

Thursday vs Philadelphia

Saturday vs Buffalo

Monday vs Tampa Bay

LET'S GO BUFFALO

You left the most important team off of your list. Look at these next six games. The Devils can easily go 6-0 over this stretch.

NJD Next 5 Games:

Sunday @ Islanders

Tuesday vs Ottawa

Friday @ Atlanta

Saturday vs Islanders

Tuesday vs Atlanta

Thursday @ Ottawa

You left the most important team off of your list. Look at these next six games. The Devils can easily go 6-0 over this stretch.

NJD Next 5 Games:

Sunday @ Islanders

Tuesday vs Ottawa

Friday @ Atlanta

Saturday vs Islanders

Tuesday vs Atlanta

Thursday @ Ottawa

Wow, talk about having a good chance to run a 6 game streak.

Amazing what the Devils have done.

I know we can probably probably say this about almost every single remaining game, but I think today is HUGE, and really think today will go a long way in determining if they can pull this off. (making the playoffs)

Yeah, they can 'afford' to lose because of the games in-hand, but win this one, against a team that has had a our number almost as much at PITT, and psychologically (sp) I think it really could instill even more confidence in what they are trying to do...

ENROTH is up, but no word if he'll get the nod. This might be the better game to play him because, MILLER's routine is to take a lot of the day getting psyched up for the game (from what I've heard), so maybe he wouldn't be as prepared as a later game, plus he did look a little shaky the other night.

ENROTH is up, but no word if he'll get the nod. This might be the better game to play him because, MILLER's routine is to take a lot of the day getting psyched up for the game (from what I've heard), so maybe he wouldn't be as prepared as a later game, plus he did look a little shaky the other night.

I don't think he was brought up to sit on the bench. We already have someone to do that.

I don't think he was brought up to sit on the bench. We already have someone to do that.

That doesn't mean he'll play today, there's also a game tomorrow.

Just heard that MILLER will be starting today, so I guess ENROTH will be on the bench.

Biggest factor in winning this game, stopping there top four players who have Richards 19g, Briere 28g, Giroux 21g, Carter 28g totaling 96 goals. Carter had the flu a couple days ago so hopefully if he plays he will still be feeling under the weather. Time will tell...

Biggest factor in winning this game, stopping there top four players who have Richards 19g, Briere 28g, Giroux 21g, Carter 28g totaling 96 goals. Carter had the flu a couple days ago so hopefully if he plays he will still be feeling under the weather. Time will tell...

For some reason it seems as if Hartnell is always scoring against this edition of the Sabres.

Weber huh? I would have thought Lindy would scratch Butler, but ah, what do I know?

I guess I'd rather have Miller today vs. Philly, and have Enroth in tomorrow vs. Minny...

Lindy has to keep things stirred up. Who wants stability on the blue line?

Archived