Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

Big game tonight. The Caps are up next and a loss here could be the beginning/middle of a multi-game slide. By the way, right now, Sabres have a 48.2% chance of making the playoffs. A win and they're at 53.6% and a loss in regulation brings the odds down to 39.6%. Just for fun, an ot/so loss brings the total down to 45.7%. Let's just get the win!

Sabres 2-6-2 in last 10 home games against Blues. I know -- different teams. But sometimes a certain franchise just feels comfortable going into a certain building. Maybe it gets passed from one group of players to the next by the old timers in an organization.

Lindy nodded, pa rum pum pum pum

The goose and lamb(timmy) kept time, pa rum pum pum pum

I played my game for Him, pa rum pum pum pum

I played my best for Him, pa rum pum pum pum,

rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum,

The playoff march continues tonight.

Lets go Buf'a'lo.

Lindy nodded, pa rum pum pum pum

The goose and lamb(timmy) kept time, pa rum pum pum pum

I played my game for Him, pa rum pum pum pum

I played my best for Him, pa rum pum pum pum,

rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum,

The playoff march continues tonight.

Lets go Buf'a'lo.

lol Duds is the first poster to officially go off the deep end.

Chalk the Toronto game up as good defensive scheme by Toronto and a little blip for the Sabes. You think Montreal fans are happy about losing 4-1 to the Oil last night? Gonna be a good crowd tonight as this one feels like a win.....

So far so good ... all positive posts. The 'right' teams are losing and if these guys can play smart, the playoffs are definitely within reach. I was REALLY hoping Enroth would be back for this game in particular.

Go Sabres!!! Or as my 82 year old mother says, 'how 'bout those Buffaloes!?'

So far so good ... all positive posts. The 'right' teams are losing and if these guys can play smart, the playoffs are definitely within reach. I was REALLY hoping Enroth would be back for this game in particular.

Go Sabres!!! Or as my 82 year old mother says, 'how 'bout those Buffaloes!?'

:lol: She must have been a fan when the black and red jerseys were in use.

lol Duds is the first poster to officially go off the deep end.

I was thinking the same thing. He has officially lost it.

No, No, No, not the first, I'm just joining some of my friends already there.

Will not be the last either.

I'm the middle child, my brother's from another mother.

Excellent obscure jersey. Nice choice.

post-1361-091790200 1298051804_thumb.jpg

And I'm not even going to be wearing the coolest one. My friend Dana will be wearing a jersey she's had for years. Legend goes that her father got it from a friend who was closing a bar.

post-1361-063015100 1298051266_thumb.jpg

It's been difficult tracking down who's it is and what year it's from. Jersey crests back then were all over the place year to year. Best I can tell, it's from the 76-77 season, and being number 29, would make it Don Edwards' rookie jersey. Now, if true, that's sort of a big deal. The hard part has been matching the crest. The only times I've seen one like it are on a Rick Dudley 77-78 Topps trading card and a 78-79 OPC Bob Sauve Card. Since I know what the crests look like from both of those seasons, and from 75-76, the only conclusion I can come to is that it's from the mystery 76-77 year that I have yet to see evidence of.

post-1361-056968100 1298051642_thumb.jpg

It's definitely authentic, but there are some questions that need answering. I sent an email to the Sabres to see if they had any historians on staff that could help me photo match it.

post-1361-091790200 1298051804_thumb.jpg

And I'm not even going to be wearing the coolest one. My friend Dana will be wearing a jersey she's had for years. Legend goes that her father got it from a friend who was closing a bar.

post-1361-063015100 1298051266_thumb.jpg

It's been difficult tracking down who's it is and what year it's from. Jersey crests back then were all over the place year to year. Best I can tell, it's from the 76-77 season, and being number 29, would make it Don Edwards' rookie jersey. Now, if true, that's sort of a big deal. The hard part has been matching the crest. The only times I've seen one like it are on a Rick Dudley 77-78 Topps trading card and a 78-79 OPC Bob Sauve Card. Since I know what the crests look like from both of those seasons, and from 75-76, the only conclusion I can come to is that it's from the mystery 76-77 year that I have yet to see evidence of.

post-1361-056968100 1298051642_thumb.jpg

It's definitely authentic, but there are some questions that need answering. I sent an email to the Sabres to see if they had any historians on staff that could help me photo match it.

I have a book "The History of the Buffalo Sabres." Chock full of photos. Edwards is wearing this crest in the chapter for the 76-77 season. Another goalie, Al Smith, is wearing the crest with the squiggly tail.

There's a large color photo of Don Luce wearing it at home against the Caps. It appears the Caps' goalie is Smith. If it's Gary Smith, he played for the Caps only in the 77-78 season.

I'll be listening on the WGR550 app for my phone as I drive in from Brooklyn.

Hope the Sabres light up Conklin tonight. I still look at the Sabres trading Biron away and picking up Conklin as the end of that Cup run in 2007.

That has to be one of the biggest head scratcher statements I've seen around here in a while. Conklin really killed us during that postseason. :blink:

That has to be one of the biggest head scratcher statements I've seen around here in a while. Conklin really killed us during that postseason. :blink:

I think the guys all liked Marty and wanted to win a cup with Marty. There was really no reason to trade him away at the deadline if we weren't going to get someone notable back. We made cap room for ZUBRUS and the pick we got was either TJ BRENNAN or DREW SCHIESTEL... but you know what they say, hindsight is 20/20. :beer:

Archived