The Sabres are going to suck me back in !

LabattBlue

I do not know DeLuca from Adam so I have no personal conflict with him. My issue comes from his incessant blind negativity. Nothing irks me more than someone who fosters negativity in a forum where we are supposed to be fans of a team. Same thing at Two Bills Drive.

Criticism is fine as long as you are being rational. But when you spend all day spinning everything to the negative, sometimes to absurd extremes, you are not adding to the discussion. You are being a prick only seeking to bring everyone's mood down.

I feel the same way. I like reading DeLuca's posts most of the time and it's nice to have someone with a different viewpoint once in a while, but every so often I can't resist the urge to lash out after reading one of his super negative posts. It's actually not even the fact that he disagrees and is negative, it's when he starts criticizing those of us who root for the team and points the fingers at us being part of the problem. I don't mind that he thinks they're going to miss playoffs and wants Pegula to trade every soul on the roster etc etc, but when I state that I'd rather Pegula keep the current roster and see what they can do and he comes back with a "if you're rooting for this team/watching the games/going to games/buying merchandise then you're just contributing to the problem and are okay with 'status quo.'" -- well no, that isn't the case. Whether I buy a Ennis jersey or not, whether I watch every game or not, and whether I buy tickets to a game or not has absolutely NO BEARING on what ownership and management is going to do to the team. I don't care if the Sabres whole roster was Tim Connolly clones, I would still go and root for them to win. That doesn't mean I'm supporting status quo and just because I want the Sabres to make the playoffs doesn't mean I think they're 100% perfect and that they're going to win the cup blah blah blah... i just want them to, and I'm going to keep rooting for them to.

So to have him come in every thread and tell me that I'm part of the problem because I want the team to win.. yeah, then it gets a little more personal then just being a negative poster.

I feel the same way. I like reading DeLuca's posts most of the time and it's nice to have someone with a different viewpoint once in a while, but every so often I can't resist the urge to lash out after reading one of his super negative posts. It's actually not even the fact that he disagrees and is negative, it's when he starts criticizing those of us who root for the team and points the fingers at us being part of the problem. I don't mind that he thinks they're going to miss playoffs and wants Pegula to trade every soul on the roster etc etc, but when I state that I'd rather Pegula keep the current roster and see what they can do and he comes back with a "if you're rooting for this team/watching the games/going to games/buying merchandise then you're just contributing to the problem and are okay with 'status quo.'" -- well no, that isn't the case. Whether I buy a Ennis jersey or not, whether I watch every game or not, and whether I buy tickets to a game or not has absolutely NO BEARING on what ownership and management is going to do to the team. I don't care if the Sabres whole roster was Tim Connolly clones, I would still go and root for them to win. That doesn't mean I'm supporting status quo and just because I want the Sabres to make the playoffs doesn't mean I think they're 100% perfect and that they're going to win the cup blah blah blah... i just want them to, and I'm going to keep rooting for them to.

So to have him come in every thread and tell me that I'm part of the problem because I want the team to win.. yeah, then it gets a little more personal then just being a negative poster.

Examples please!

sorry don't have any examples... go back and read threads from the past few off-seasons where your most-used phrase on the board was "status quo." i'm sure you'll find plenty of examples

I'm sure you wont.

I don't mind when people post that they don't like what I post. Just do your homework and be accurate. That's not my request, that is the long established standard of the board. When you don't? Be willing to be called out on it and take the repercussions.

I'm sure you wont.

I don't mind when people post that they don't like what I post. Just do your homework and be accurate. That's not my request, that is the long established standard of the board. When you don't? Be willing to be called out on it and take the repercussions.

sorry i'm not gonna waste 4 hours searching 5 seasons worth of threads looking for examples. idc that much.

sorry i'm not gonna waste 4 hours searching 5 seasons worth of threads looking for examples. idc that much.

Yet, you cared enough to write a pretty long post about it? That thing was 12 lines. :rolleyes:

You would think that if I were attacking posters to a point of offending you it would take you far less than 4 hours.

Aptitude and skill!

Aptitude! Skill!!

This whole thread is a great read. I love the social analysis that we do here sometimes. No other board I've ever been on is at such a level when it comes to posters that are both intelligent and philosophical.

But my god YES! As much as I hated S_R when he was here, I sorta miss the guy. He definitely added a different kind of flavor.

Just like CC and how you were never really sure just how much religious undertone there was to his posts.

• 3 weeks later...

I kicked the Sabres to the curb back in December. I badly want them to clean house including the coaches, front office, etc...

I have a list a lengthy list of players that I never want to see in a Sabres uniform again(Butler, Gaustad, Grier, Niedermayer, Connolly, Hecht, Rivet & Lalime)

I have resisted any attempts to get back on the bandwagon during their Jan/Feb run until now.

Why did Myers have to score that AWESOME goal? Why did the Sabres go to Florida and pull of a sweep? I know that as soon as I climb back on the bandwagon, this streak will come to an end. How can they be winning with no centers to speak of? I don't want them trading for any rentals. The deadline has been a disaster for two years running.

Why couldn't they just pack it in and let me wait excitedly for the tpegs era to begin?

Do I dare say it...

GO SABRES!!!!!!

5-0-2 under Pegula....they are for real and should make the playoffs. last year the 7th & 8th seeds made the Conference finals.....anythings possible.

#1- Gaustad is THIRD in the entire league on winning faceoffs. he is third on team in plus/minus. he is EXACTLY the kind of player you KEEP.

#2- Butler is young and has upside.....i didn't like him much early on, but he is improving as of late....i would keep kim.

#3- Hecht is someone who plays better in the playoffs because of his size. i value his play but would not be against moving him.

#4- Greir, Neidermayer, Lalime , Rivet and Connolly will NOT be on the team next year.

5-0-2 under Pegula....they are for real and should make the playoffs. last year the 7th & 8th seeds made the Conference finals.....anythings possible.

#1- Gaustad is THIRD in the entire league on winning faceoffs. he is third on team in plus/minus. he is EXACTLY the kind of player you KEEP.

#2- Butler is young and has upside.....i didn't like him much early on, but he is improving as of late....i would keep kim.

#3- Hecht is someone who plays better in the playoffs because of his size. i value his play but would not be against moving him.

#4- Greir, Neidermayer, Lalime , Rivet and Connolly will NOT be on the team next year.

I bet you're right about Rivet.

Archived