The Sabres are going to suck me back in !

LabattBlue

So you either start it today or next year. Your choice.

Maybe I'll start it March 26th after the Devils play the Sabres. With the way professional sports works, it is possible that Kovi will win that game in the shootout. That game might even be for 8th place.

Maybe I'll start it March 26th after the Devils play the Sabres. With the way professional sports works, it is possible that Kovi will win that game in the shootout. That game might even be for 8th place.

And if the Sabres win will you finally shut your yap and act like a Sabres fan instead of a Devils fan??

Whether the Devils make it in or not, I don't really care. But what I really want is, in their last game of the year against the Rags, for them to win in a shoot-out, knocking them out of the playoffs for the second year in a row.

And if the Sabres win will you finally shut your yap and act like a Sabres fan instead of a Devils fan??

It is possible to be a Sabre fan and be a hockey appreciating other teams and stories around the league. I don't feel the need to try and build the Sabres up artificially by tearing down other franchises.

It is possible to be a Sabre fan and be a hockey appreciating other teams and stories around the league. I don't feel the need to try and build the Sabres up artificially by tearing down other franchises.

But tearing down the Sabres in order to build up other teams? Now that's your game!

All you've been doing the past month is talking about how great the Devils are and how they are going to make playoffs and Buffalo won't. As WGR pointed out this morning, the Sabres have a slightly better win % than New Jersey since Lemaire took over in Jersey. Be excited about OUR team for once.

All you've been doing the past month is talking about how great the Devils are and how they are going to make playoffs and Buffalo won't. As WGR pointed out this morning, the Sabres have a slightly better win % than New Jersey since Lemaire took over in Jersey. Be excited about OUR team for once.

The Devils are 20-4 over this streak. This is possibly history in the making. I'll get excited about the Sabres when they accomplish something to get excited about. Winning the division or sneaking into 7th or 8th is the same for me. When the Sabres do something in the playoffs I'll get excited.

The Devils are 20-4 over this streak. This is possibly history in the making. I'll get excited about the Sabres when they accomplish something to get excited about. Winning the division or sneaking into 7th or 8th is the same for me. When the Sabres do something in the playoffs I'll get excited.

Yes. Go Devils. :blink:

So the Sabres streaking all the way back into the playoffs from around 12th place and certain draft lottery status in December doesn't do anything for you? But a new jersey team doing virtually the same thing has you walking around with a woody 24 hours a day? Weird.

My "game" is discussing changes that will make the Sabres a Stanley Cup contender. Yow know, talking hockey, it's fun you should try it sometime.

Now there is the rub.....the changes you propose are thus-far from teams that are on the bottom. Changes haven't empirically helped much.

Sure they've had some recent successes...but you are quick to dismiss the Sabres recent success.

But what would I know? I'm ignorant of Devils hockey.(and probably Maples Leafs hockey too) :beer:

Well, get ready to get excited homie. I've got my eye on the #7 slot (or even #6 if Price cools off) and some payback against the Bruins in the first round.

The bar will always move just out of reach. We know you.

PTR

Yes. Go Devils. :blink:

So the Sabres streaking all the way back into the playoffs from around 12th place and certain draft lottery status in December doesn't do anything for you? But a new jersey team doing virtually the same thing has you walking around with a woody 24 hours a day? Weird.

Well, get ready to get excited homie. I've got my eye on the #7 slot (or even #6 if Price cools off) and some payback against the Bruins in the first round.

The bar will always move just out of reach. We know you.PTR

You all really need the Devils to fail to validate your theory that there is just no place on the Sabres for a fifty goal scorer. It couldn't have been that the Devil's had a first time head coach to start the year and that that was holding them back? Nope, it had to be Kovy the Kancer.

I'm as excited as anyone about the Sabres recent surge, but until they picked up Boyes, it was definitely guarded excitement. His acquisition has gone a long way with me to restore my enthusiasm. We won our Div last year, got bounced, and dumped salary over the Summer. The Devils won their Div last year, got bounced and tried to get better.

We definitely have some fun weeks of hockey to watch coming up. Can't ask for more than that.

You all really need the Devils to fail to validate your theory that there is just no place on the Sabres for a fifty goal scorer. It couldn't have been that the Devil's had a first time head coach to start the year and that that was holding them back? Nope, it had to be Kovy the Kancer.

You need to acknowledge this. It's not the 50 goal part, it is one-dimensional part.

I'd take a very defensively responsible Marion Gaborik any day over Kovulchuk.

I'd take a 50 goal scoring Dany Heatly, who is also a good two-way player. (even with his past)

Overpay for these guys like this.....not Kessle and Kovulchuk. But better yet overpay for a center.

I'll give you get the last word....

You need to acknowledge this. It's not the 50 goal part, it is one-dimensional part.

I'd take a very defensively responsible Marion Gaborik any day over Kovulchuk.

I'd take a 50 goal scoring Dany Heatly, who is also a good two-way player. (even with his past)

Overpay for these guys like this.....not Kessle and Kovulchuk. But better yet overpay for a center.

I'll give you get the last word....

I understand what you are saying. I just think the one dimensional thing is overblown a bit anyway. It's not like the Devils are winning these game 7 to 6. He must be playing some D. It just reeks a little too much like Lindy's brainwashing. Why does Vanek have to be "the best two way forward in the game"? Can't he just score a lot and let others play D?

EDIT: for the record, I think Vanek's defensive game is way under-appreciated by most fans.

Archived