The Sabres are going to suck me back in !

LabattBlue

You all really need the Devils to fail to validate your theory that there is just no place on the Sabres for a fifty goal scorer. It couldn't have been that the Devil's had a first time head coach to start the year and that that was holding them back? Nope, it had to be Kovy the Kancer.

I'm as excited as anyone about the Sabres recent surge, but until they picked up Boyes, it was definitely guarded excitement. His acquisition has gone a long way with me to restore my enthusiasm. We won our Div last year, got bounced, and dumped salary over the Summer. The Devils won their Div last year, got bounced and tried to get better.

We definitely have some fun weeks of hockey to watch coming up. Can't ask for more than that.

Kovi and a team succeeding after a mid-season coaching change is a nightmare for some.

Kovi and a team succeeding after a mid-season coaching change is a nightmare for some.

You don't have to tell me, I live in NJ and ####ing hate the Devils. It's a nightmare for me, too, but I can appreciate what they are doing right now.

It is a great story. And if it can be used as a jab at others, even better.

Of course that is the kernel of it isn't it, it has nothing to do with hockey and everything to do with you winning polemical points. That's why you case a great story with calling people ignorant....

This coming from a guy who thought Kessle was a physical center...but has never backed down having since learned he's not a center..(whoopsy daisy).....or that extended argument that Leopold was more a very physical top 4 defensemen, more physical than Lydman.....hmmmmmm.....that was fun too.. but again not true. We had to trade to get him to learn that one.

Face it. You like being right more than the Sabres. <_<

In some ways it keeps things interesting I guess.

The Devils are 20-4 over this streak. This is possibly history in the making. I'll get excited about the Sabres when they accomplish something to get excited about. Winning the division or sneaking into 7th or 8th is the same for me. When the Sabres do something in the playoffs I'll get excited.

There must be a Devils Board you can go on and get excited....

You all really need the Devils to fail to validate your theory that there is just no place on the Sabres for a fifty goal scorer. It couldn't have been that the Devil's had a first time head coach to start the year and that that was holding them back? Nope, it had to be Kovy the Kancer.

I'm as excited as anyone about the Sabres recent surge, but until they picked up Boyes, it was definitely guarded excitement. His acquisition has gone a long way with me to restore my enthusiasm. We won our Div last year, got bounced, and dumped salary over the Summer. The Devils won their Div last year, got bounced and tried to get better.

We definitely have some fun weeks of hockey to watch coming up. Can't ask for more than that.

Don't include me in that. I never said anything about Kovie. I could care less about Kovalchuk or his contract, or their coaching change, or their 20-4 streak. Good story? Yes. Does that warrant constantly ball washing them in every post on a Sabres fan board? Certainly not. Buffalo is playing just as well as NJ and honestly reading DeLuca's posts just make me hope even more that the Devils don't make playoffs. Not because I'm worried about playing them but because I'm sick of hearing him glorify them so much when Buffalo's turnaround is just a impressive yet we have about a 70% better chance of actually making playoffs.

There's a history here. Longer than you've been here. If anything there has been plenty of restraint.

I see that.

My comment was directed more towards the few in this thread who weren't active here in the first half of the season when the Sabres were stinking up the joint but manage to show up after the team starts showing some life and then question the fanhood of a guy who's on here every day and has been for quite some time. Their join date and post count leave me to believe that is standard MO for these guys.

I see that.

My comment was directed more towards the few in this thread who weren't active here in the first half of the season when the Sabres were stinking up the joint but manage to show up after the team starts showing some life and then question the fanhood of a guy who's on here every day and has been for quite some time. Their join date and post count leave me to believe that is standard MO for these guys.

I can appreciate that.

Don't include me in that. I never said anything about Kovie. I could care less about Kovalchuk or his contract, or their coaching change, or their 20-4 streak. Good story? Yes. Does that warrant constantly ball washing them in every post on a Sabres fan board? Certainly not. Buffalo is playing just as well as NJ and honestly reading DeLuca's posts just make me hope even more that the Devils don't make playoffs. Not because I'm worried about playing them but because I'm sick of hearing him glorify them so much when Buffalo's turnaround is just a impressive yet we have about a 70% better chance of actually making playoffs.

The Sabres were never 20 games below .500.

Archived