WJC: Maybe BUF is fun for teens after all

weehawk

I think they were drinking before the third period. They looked drunk when they were celebrating (I posted this in the thread), and let's face it, they came out a little looser during the third than one normally would from expect a team that is down 3-0 in a title game. I would not be surprised if they had a shot or two during the intermission. I'm not kidding.

Some of these stories about them being asked to leave the plane breathe a little sore loser. Sure, they want to get home, but who books a flight within twelve hours of the end of the game? Didn't you expect them to party a bit?

IMO Canada's view of this poor. Certainly, if Canada had won and been on a plane a few hours after this monumental achievement, they would have sat quietly with their hands folded, each wrapped up in his own calm and mature reflections on the day's events.

Gimme a break - the ONLY reason this is "news" is because Canadians are hungering for justification for the Russian's renewed position as the Villains in our collective hockey psyche.

-out, or should I say oot?

Some of these stories about them being asked to leave the plane breathe a little sore loser. Sure, they want to get home, but who books a flight within twelve hours of the end of the game? Didn't you expect them to party a bit?

IMO Canada's view of this poor. Certainly, if Canada had won and been on a plane a few hours after this monumental achievement, they would have sat quietly with their hands folded, each wrapped up in his own calm and mature reflections on the day's events.

Gimme a break - the ONLY reason this is "news" is because Canadians are hungering for justification for the Russian's renewed position as the Villains in our collective hockey psyche.

What does them getting drunk and not being able to board a plane have anything to do with Canada? I am not understanding where you are going with this...

What does them getting drunk and not being able to board a plane have anything to do with Canada? I am not understanding where you are going with this...

I'm talking about the differrence in writing the stories. Many Canadian news reporting "drinking on the ice" and "booted from the plane", while non Canadian's r writing "the coaches came on the ice with Crown Royal ,after the players left, to take pictures after the scoreboard was lowered" and "asked not to board the plane".

I'm talking about the differrence in writing the stories. Many Canadian news reporting "drinking on the ice" and "booted from the plane", while non Canadian's r writing "the coaches came on the ice with Crown Royal ,after the players left, to take pictures after the scoreboard was lowered" and "asked not to board the plane".

Gotcha.

the adam's mark has to be sweating bullets given the media's coverage of multiple under-age drinkers being served at its hotel bar.

footage of the celebration

the nys liquor authority will not allow itself to be embarrassed by turning a blind eye to this sort of coverage. and liquor revenues are a big piece of the revenue puzzle for any hotel.

As far as booking a quick flight out of town, I think today is Christmas in Russia (and other Orthodox-oriented countries); that may have had something to do with it.

Of course, they may not have thought they would be playing for gold, either, much less winning it.

A team not being allowed to board--or being asked to leave--a plane because of drunkenness is news no matter who does it. It was news when our USA Olympians drunkenly trashed some Japanese hotel rooms, too.

There probably is some sore-loser stuff going on, too.

the adam's mark has to be sweating bullets given the media's coverage of multiple under-age drinkers being served at its hotel bar.

footage of the celebration

the nys liquor authority will not allow itself to be embarrassed by turning a blind eye to this sort of coverage. and liquor revenues are a big piece of the revenue puzzle for any hotel.

Good for the Russians.

I was once at a quiet bar with 10 russians. I've never seen so much booze slammed in such a short period of time. They had polished off 3 bottles of Jack in an hour. I received many embraces. They were all guys, but comforting nonetheless.

A message to my friends at the Days Inn:

Эй, ребята, большие сиськи по улице T Рик Талли-Хо.

Good for the Russians.

I was once at a quiet bar with 10 russians. I've never seen so much booze slammed in such a short period of time. They had polished off 3 bottles of Jack in an hour. I received many embraces. They were all guys, but comforting nonetheless.

A message to my friends at the Days Inn:

Эй, ребята, большие сиськи по улице T Рик Талли-Хо.

Let me see if I can do better with this one.

Darry Talley's ho had big knockers?

Apparently when they got back to the hotel after the game they went straight to the bar/lounge and there were a couple hundred Canadian fans there when they arrived and the Canadians gave them a standing ovation. The players started signing their sticks and giving them to the people in the bar and then started downing vodkas. Former g.m. Doug Maclean related this story today on am 1040 in Vancouver in an interview..

Apparently when they got back to the hotel after the game they went straight to the bar/lounge and there were a couple hundred Canadian fans there when they arrived and the Canadians gave them a standing ovation. The players started signing their sticks and giving them to the people in the bar and then started downing vodkas. Former g.m. Doug Maclean related this story today on am 1040 in Vancouver in an interview..

Nice. :lol:

Archived