Sabres or Bills: Who is worse?

Skibum

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which team is more doomed?

• Sabres
    • Bills

I have to say I can't decide on this one. Neither team can compete with the better teams in their respective leagues. Both are woefully short on talent and seem culturally opposed to adding proven players through free agency. While both teams have shown signs of life this season, there is inevitably a game, or series of games, that reminds us that our beloved franchises are in a sad state indeed. On the more optimistic side, the Bills have been fighting hard and appear to be on the upswing, while the Sabres are on the brink of new ownership that could bring much needed changes to the front office. But at the end of the day, nothing guarantees improvement next year.

So which team is more likely to stay in the gutter next season and beyond?

Sabres. The Bills aren't in denial about their crappiness. The Sabres still think they can fool their fans into believing that they're good and the worst part is that Regier and co. really believe they can pull the wool over the eyes of the fans because they are smarter than us.

psh this is a no brainer. the sabres are the crappier team. no doubt.

Sabres are worse. They are boring and have no scoring whats so ever. However, of the two, i think it's easier to fix the Sabres. They do have a bunch of kids with bright future and a top draft pick coming up. Also, a lot of available salary cap space next summer with hopefully an owner that will be willing to spend to the top.

Sabres are worse. They are boring and have no scoring whats so ever. However, of the two, i think it's easier to fix the Sabres. They do have a bunch of kids with bright future and a top draft pick coming up. Also, a lot of available salary cap space next summer with hopefully an owner that will be willing to spend to the top.

hopefully both teams just become beast.

The Bills are one of the hardest working teams in football, they just suck. The Sabres don't try and.. just suck.

I don't know if i believe that. They just play balls to the wall football. Careless with a gunslinger QB. When ###### works, it works. But, when it doesn't, they look like the 0-16 Lions. Please tell me that at HT of Cincy, Chicago or Pitt games you felt they were "working hard"? They air it out and don't care about consequences.

Fun style to watch for a fan, but, it doesn't win you many games.

I don't know if i believe that. They just play balls to the wall football. Careless with a gunslinger QB. When ###### works, it works. But, when it doesn't, they look like the 0-16 Lions. Please tell me that at HT of Cincy, Chicago or Pitt games you felt they were "working hard"? They air it out and don't care about consequences.

Fun style to watch for a fan, but, it doesn't win you many games.

Dude the Bills have the worst offensive line in football, Fitz has no credible receivers with Evans out (Johnson obviously burst on to the scene, but he's been quiet since his dropped game winner). Their defense isn't full of players anyone would call above average and yet they're still finding ways to win a few games and make a lot of games close, vs good teams mind you. I don't know a lot about the ins and outs of football but they've gained a lot of respect around the league.

Dude the Bills have the worst offensive line in football, Fitz has no credible receivers with Evans out (Johnson obviously burst on to the scene, but he's been quiet since his dropped game winner). Their defense isn't full of players anyone would call above average and yet they're still finding ways to win a few games and make a lot of games close, vs good teams mind you. I don't know a lot about the ins and outs of football but they've gained a lot of respect around the league.

the line isnt that bad.

I guess I'm the only one who voted Bills so far? Two reasons:

1. Ownership: Terry Pegula or Ebenezer Wilson? No contest.

2. Playoff format: top 8 of 15 making it or top 6 of 16 with Patriots monopolizing division title? Again, no contest.

The Sabres right now are a couple of top 6 forward free agents and a serious attitude change away from being very competitive again.

2. Playoff format: top 8 of 15 making it or top 6 of 16 with Patriots monopolizing division title? Again, no contest.

The Sabres right now are a couple of top 6 forward free agents and a serious attitude change away from being very competitive again.

I voted Bills, mainly for point number 1. Furthermore, the question asked who is worse. Just because the Bills 'work hard' whatever that means, doesn't make them good. It's the NFL, you play 16 games a season (hopefully 18 next year) and you literally can't take a single play off. Watching the NFL, every team looks like they're working hard through atleast the first 10 games of the year. There are too many practise squad guys waiting in the wings if guys take game(s) off.

The offensive line is coming together nicely. They're about average now but still really young and improving. And this is the most promising group of wide receivers the team has had since Eric Moulds and Peerless Price were tearing up the league. This was Steve Johnson's breakout year and David Nelson was impressive as a rookie as well. Roosevelt and Jones looked decent as rookies too and Marcus Easley's first real season is next year after being on IR this year. Even though I wish Fitz was a better QB, there are reasons for optimism for the Bills offense moving forward.

Their defense is a mess but if they finish with the 4th overall pick, they should be able to address DT/DE at the draft. (So long as they don't go crazy and draft another Maybin or Spiller.)

The main reason to be down on the Bills is that they're in the same division as the Patriots and Jets. If they were in the AFC West or NFC West, they'd have a shot at the playoffs.

I'd say the Sabres are worse right now. They have a back-up goalie that terrifies them so much that they won't play him. And TONS of dead weight that they should finally be getting right of after this season (or if Regier grows a pair, at the trade deadline for picks). This year is hopeless but the 2008 and 2009 drafts gave us Myers, Ennis, Adam, Kassian, McNabb, and Foligno to build around. We'll have a new core within a couple years.

Sabres. The Bills aren't in denial about their crappiness. The Sabres still think they can fool their fans into believing that they're good and the worst part is that Regier and co. really believe they can pull the wool over the eyes of the fans because they are smarter than us.

It's hard to decide when both teams are in the bottom 5 of their respective leagues. The Sabres have some hope of a new owner committed to Buffalo and the resources to improve the team. The Bills have an absentee owner who won't promise to keep the team in Buffalo after his demise. He could make arrangements now to sell the team to a specific party at a specific price upon his demise, but he won't do it.

All things considered the Bills are worse. They haven't even made the playoffs for 11 years and have no prospect of doing so anytime soon. The Sabres are currently poor, but I believe their prospects are better with a new owner coming soon.

All in all these are the dark days for Buffalo sports.

Perfect timing for this question. The Sabres have been poor most of this year and now it couldn't look worse when you peek at the big picture, but you take a look at the last 5 years since the lockout, the team has been really exciting. They had a great regular season last year but took a step backward in the playoffs and haven't recovered. Bad management decisions have pointed this team in the wrong direction, but the downward spiral hasn't been as bad as the Bills consistent embarrasment. At this point though, you kind of felt like you had a few decent games where the Bills won and played with some heart, but they did beat some equally bad teams. The embarrassment against the Pats was confirmation that the Bills are still in bad shape. It's a tough call and neither can provide any short term hope. If Pegula can come in and make a splash this summer, I think the Sabres could bounce back next year. It won't be easy though.

And how easy is this accomplished?

Who do you take to the prom? The fat girl with a sense of humor? Or the hot girl who was recently in a car accident and now has a club leg and skin grafts on her face?

I went with a friend, who was generally entertaining and in whom I saw some things that I liked, but I did not expect to go far with, then hooked up with someone else's date, who was exactly what I was looking for, at the after party. So, I guess that's like cheering on this year's Bills during the regular season, then becoming a fan of whatever team is favored to win it all when the post-season begins.

Who do you take to the prom? The fat girl with a sense of humor? Or the hot girl who was recently in a car accident and now has a club leg and skin grafts on her face?

I'd rather end up in your Uncle's unmarked white molester van. And if that Van's a rockin', please, for the love of God, come a knockin'! With the police!

Archived