Sabres or Bills: Who is worse?

Skibum

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which team is more doomed?

• Sabres
    • Bills

I went with a friend, who was generally entertaining and in whom I saw some things that I liked, but I did not expect to go far with, then hooked up with someone else's date, who was exactly what I was looking for, at the after party. So, I guess that's like cheering on this year's Bills during the regular season, then becoming a fan of whatever team is favored to win it all when the post-season begins.

I went to a prom with a girl who hosted the after party with her sister. Their dad just so happened to show up and stayed the entire night, making both his daughters' dates sleep downstairs as he stayed awake in a rocking chair all night, making sure we stay put. I was PO'd, but I couldn't help but feel giddy that little did he know my date's sister ended up making nice-nice with one of the other girl's date at the prom....and as daddy rocked away, thinking he had the 2 potential culprits in lockdown....his precious little girl was upstairs taking it 7 ways to Sunday from a stranger.

I went to a prom with a girl who hosted the after party with her sister. Their dad just so happened to show up and stayed the entire night, making both his daughters' dates sleep downstairs as he stayed awake in a rocking chair all night, making sure we stay put. I was PO'd, but I couldn't help but feel giddy that little did he know my date's sister ended up making nice-nice with one of the other girl's date at the prom....and as daddy rocked away, thinking he had the 2 potential culprits in lockdown....his precious little girl was upstairs taking it 7 ways to Sunday from a stranger.

Did daddy have a shotgun while he rocked that chair. That sounds like a teenaged guys worst nightmare.

Did daddy have a shotgun while he rocked that chair. That sounds like a teenaged guys worst nightmare.

He didn't sleep a wink, and just kept rocking. I had never met the guy and was a late pick-up for a pretty conservative girl. The sister was the wild one. I felt bad for the other guy who was sleeping on a kitchen booth as his date was getting plowed by some random dude.

At this point in time, I have to say the Sabres as well. Sabres games this year are just so boring (even more so with MJ announcing, sheesh!) and the players have no heart or passion, aside from Kaleta and McCormick from time to time. Not saying the Bills pour their hearts out, but at least they have made a 'move' over the past couple of years (albeit, not very smart ones). They got rid of a non-producing coach, they fired Edwards, they tried bringing in T.O., they brought in Merriman with good intentions, etc. Clearly, these moves haven't had a stellar turn-out, but at least they tried to do something. Sabres still have Lindy, still have T.C. and Hecht and various other underachievers. The only answer the Sabres organization has had is to continually change jerseys and logos to keep bringing in a profit.

All you people who are saying Sabres are worse than Bills, need to get your heads examined...

Bill's are 15 games into a 16 game schedule, and are 4-11 (7 games below .500). They were dead at 0-4 (And even more so at 0-8...).

Sabres are 37 games through an 82-game schedule, and 3 games under .500 (although agree in the wacky NHL, those 4 overtime / shoot-out losses ARE losses...). And 8 points out of a playoff spot...

I do agree that in terms of pre-season optimism, the Sabres are by-far the bigger let-down...

But remember that last season Philadelphia needed a 82nd last-game-of-season game shoot-out win to even get IN the playoffs, and then ended up playing for Lord Stanley's Cup (lost in tough series to Chicago).

I'm a glass-half-full kind of guy, so the fact that this conversation is even going on, means there MAY (key word "MAY") be an up-side to the Bill's, at this point of a season that started out 0-8. There are a lot of "if's" there.

The Sabres are struggling... They have a world-class goalie (who is also struggling it seems a bit at times). They obviously don't seem to have all of the pieces in place right now, to be that Stanley Cup contender we all so desperately want them to be (and until it becomes "done", they STILL have Tom Galisano as their owner..., and as a Sabres fan for all of their existence, and then some..., be careful what you wish for, when you hope for the ouster of Regier and Lindy...). Not saying that all is wonderful, by any means (And the prospects of a new owner DOES sound positive...), but "anything can happen" in sports...

So with 2011 right around the corner, I'll keep hoping for the late-season Sabres resurgence, that leads them into the playoffs with a hot goalie (this team would be dangerous that way...). And a far-more competitive Bill's team next season (HOPING that the collective bargaining agreement gets done..., or whatever team Buffalo produces, they will eventually become the Pittsburgh Pirates of the NFL... Or worse...).

Happy New Year!

Glad 2010 is over...

As always...

GO BILLS!!

GO SABRES!!

After watching the Bills' final two games, and based on the Sabres pulling out two wins sans Derek Roy, I conclude that the Bills are the worse team. The last two weeks they have looked like the worst team in pro sports. And when you consider that they must field a roster of 53 players, and about 48 of them suck out loud, you realize there is little hope for improvement next year. That and they have drafted so terribly in recent years that I feel there is little talent coming up in the organization.

Sadly, the perennial mediocrity of the Sabres trumps the humiliating crapulence of the Bills.

Bills have less talent but better coaching and are at least moving upwards. Sabres are loaded with underachievers and coach no one listens to anymore. At least the sale could shake things up.

PTR

Chan Gailey is a better football coach then Lindy Ruff is a hockey coach? Are you still hungover from new years?

Archived