GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Didn't see last nights game but oh my gosh, this is the most pathetic display of effort I have seen in a couple seasons. Really? This is how they play desperate hockey. This power play is the most blatant display of lack of skill on this team.

I'm getting used to these displays. It's hard to actually pay attention to an entire game.

Is this something new? I've seen more crying about officiating this season than I have in any season in the past. Not just you d4, it appears to be wide spread.

I generally try to keep the officiating complaints to a minimum but that was a bad call. A hook maybe, but no way was it deserving of a penalty shot. If that gets a penalty shot you'd have 10-15 penalty shots per game.

I generally try to keep the officiating complaints to a minimum but that was a bad call. A hook maybe, but no way was it deserving of a penalty shot. If that gets a penalty shot you'd have 10-15 penalty shots per game.

A hook on a breakaway is a penalty shot. It wasn't much of a hook but it was one, and Vinny clearly had a step and a half on him.

It wasn't a breakaway though. There was a half dozen players in the zone. That was a breakaway though (st Louis' EN)

Sure it was a breakaway. It was a technically correct call. It's inconsistently called, which is too bad. Penalty shots are great. There should be more.

The silver lining: since the Sabres won't make the playoffs this season, there is NO CHANCE IN HELL Pegula extends the contracts of Ruff and Reiger. In less than six months, Sabres fans everywhere will be completely free of the Status Quo Quartet! On top of that, Rivet and Connolly and their $8 million of cap space will also be gone forever. Can't F U C K I N G wait :thumbsup: .

It's like nfreeman referred to early, it's like waiting for Jouron to be fired. It's a lame duck franchise waiting for the next era to begin.

It's like nfreeman referred to early, it's like waiting for Jouron to be fired. It's a lame duck franchise waiting for the next era to begin.

I really think the players knew this long before the fans got a whiff of it. Making no significant moves, backing off on the internal budget, not extending Ruff or Regier, it all makes sense now. (Well, the making no significant moves part of the equation was no surprise.)

I really think the players knew this long before the fans got a whiff of it. Making no significant moves, backing off on the internal budget, not extending Ruff or Regier, it all makes sense now. (Well, the making no significant moves part of the equation was no surprise.)

That points to a character flaw that is found throughout this roster, lack of personal pride. This roster not having talent is one problem. The lack of of this roster's willingness to play with desperation and intensity is another and maybe a great problem.

Eric Boulton with a hat-trick on three shots, Chris Thorburn with a goal and 2 assists as the Thrashers take over the Division lead. :doh:

Wanna bitch about the Sabres (yeah, I do, too)--think about the Caps--freaking Atlanta leading the division!

Anyway. Didn't see much of the game; I caught about 3 of the last 5 minutes of the third period, and not any consecutive 3 mins, either, and I saw the replay of Miller's stop on LeCavalier.. Looked ok for that brief span that I saw, but obviously the result wasn't there.

Ridiculous that it's up to the reBillding Bills to save face for our fair city in Florida this weekend.

Anyone know when the 2011 draft is? Time to switch the focus from the playoffs to getting a top pick? I know, this isn't TBD, but I'm still asking and it's not even Christmas. We can't catch the Devils or Islanders, and we always beat the Leafs. Maybe top 5? Last time we were that low we got Vanek at 4.

To me, the worst part is, I think they all have talents in their own way, but as a group, they are just not good. There is no chemistry, no commitment, and for the most part this year, they have looked completely inept at even the little things.

It's a bad feeling brewing about this team. As a Mets fan, I am starting to see the similarities between the two...They are in desperate need of a roster purge - coaches and management included - to even begin to take the next step towards winning. Like the Mets, they have a few good young players they can keep and start to build around (Wright, Reyes, Davis - Vanek, Miller, Myers). Unfortunately, also like the Mets, by the time they get to a point where they can win consistantly again, these guys may be past their prime.

Archived