The Walking Dead

deluca67

You're so... Deep

Sorry I don't go out of my way to express a deeper vocabulary around here. Normally posting on the go. Don't really feel like putting the effort in. Other posters say the same things with better and more thorough posts.

Sorry I don't go out of my way to express a deeper vocabulary around here. Normally posting on the go. Don't really feel like putting the effort in. Other posters say the same things with better and more thorough posts.

Just another vet playing out the string; waiting for season to be over.  :)

I was serious. Some shows I like to delve into the character development and subtleties, like Just call Saul, but The Walking Dead doesn't get me there. I just like the anticipation of what's next.

I'm hyped for tonights 90 mInute season finale. There will be blood. Muahahahaha!

I'm pretty sure one of the main characters dies tonight and we'll find out who the psycho is thats carving the W into peoples heads  ( before they're dead imo ).

Edited by bunomatic

That sniper chick ( i always forget her name ) is sexy.

I was wondering if that spin off series being centered in L.A. in the early days of the virus will have any cameos of actual hollywood actors, rock stars or other star types either as themselves or as zombies. That would be so cool to spot famous people amidst groups of zombies. Be like hey there's Snoop Dog. Or look look its Chevy Chase.

So, when Reg turns...have the people inside seen people turn? Can we assume that they know everyone turns no matter what or have they been that sheltered?

It also occurred to me that Daryl and Aaron had been outside during that entire ongoing conflict. They walk back in and Rick is popping Pete on command. Had to be kind of a WTF moment, particularly for Aaron.

Assuming Glenn and the other douchenozzle make it back to town, how does that conversation go down? Really disappointed in Glenn. He's going to die soon.

Also, seems fairly likely to me that the leader of the 3 ppl that Alexandria exiled a long time back is going to be a Wolf, if not leader.

Did Rick pop Pete or kill Reg cause he was gonna turn ? 

This episode came close to jumping the shark. How many impossible situations can main characters escape from, even on The Walking Dead?

I sort of agree. I figured Glenn was a goner for sure, especially after his touchy feely moment with Maggie. I thought for sure a main cast member was gonna eat it but I guess killing off Bob, Beth, Tyrese, and Noah from the group fairly recently was enough for them.

This episode came close to jumping the shark. How many impossible situations can main characters escape from, even on The Walking Dead?

I am just about done with the show.  What attracted me to it early on was the fear of the dead and the dead picking off characters.  It seems to me they generate minor characters and then pluck them.  The show should really target Glenn or Carl or Carol or Rick or Daryl even.  The show was great because they sacrificed Lori and Shane and Herschel and Andrea.  That was what made it memorable.  Remember the episode where they left Daryl's brother chained to the rooftop.  That was compelling.  Any more, not so much.  

When they lose their fear of the dead, it takes away some of the show's gravitas for me.

I am just about done with the show.  What attracted me to it early on was the fear of the dead and the dead picking off characters.  It seems to me they generate minor characters and then pluck them.  The show should really target Glenn or Carl or Carol or Rick or Daryl even.  The show was great because they sacrificed Lori and Shane and Herschel and Andrea.  That was what made it memorable.  Remember the episode where they left Daryl's brother chained to the rooftop.  That was compelling.  Any more, not so much.  

When they lose their fear of the dead, it takes away some of the show's gravitas for me.

Losing the "fear of dead" is one on the main story points throughout the series. It come to a point where the walkers are merely environmental. You deal with them when necessary. As Rick and the others tried to stress to people of Alexandria, the real threat is other people. The Governor, Terminous, the gang that Darryl traveled with and now the Wolves, it will always be people that are the greatest threat and will always be.

The show has been sacrificing popular characters, Beth, Bob and Tyrese all went with in a few weeks. If the books are any indication, there should be some damage coming to the core group.

• 3 months later...

Fear the walking dead looks intense. For those that were there in the cities for the initial outbreak the odds of surviving would have been dire. Unless you got out of the city into the country. That and the fact that there would have been so little knowledge about what you were dealing with and what to avoid. Cool. Can't wait. Also, it would appear that ricks going to have a hard time hanging onto power within the group. I can't wait to see some of the regulars die and the introduction of some new compelling characters. If it happens ?

The best part about the way they typically handle these trailers?  Everything we just saw will all take place within the first episode.  They give away next to nothing about the season as a whole.  I bet the same will apply with Fear the Walking Dead.

• 1 month later...

Fear the Walking Dead premiered last night. Just a few thoughts on what was a strange debut...

1. It won't just be an extension of the original. It's much more Hollywood.

2. They do a decent job ignoring the show being about zombies (and so does the original) for the most part in episode 1.

3. The show is full of recognizable faces which is a big turn from the other.

4. The show's treatment of black characters in episode one was pretty insulting. One was the kid in class sleeping that was woken up by the teacher in order to stumble into the right answer, a la "the lazy brilliant kid." Another is the perfect white daughter's boyfriend. They use him as her only "flaw" as he's a graffiti tag artist. Another is a drug dealer. There was only one (school principal) without some stupid/insulting background.

Fear the Walking Dead premiered last night. Just a few thoughts on what was a strange debut...

1. It won't just be an extension of the original. It's much more Hollywood.

2. They do a decent job ignoring the show being about zombies (and so does the original) for the most part in episode 1.

3. The show is full of recognizable faces which is a big turn from the other.

4. The show's treatment of black characters in episode one was pretty insulting. One was the kid in class sleeping that was woken up by the teacher in order to stumble into the right answer, a la "the lazy brilliant kid." Another is the perfect white daughter's boyfriend. They use him as her only "flaw" as he's a graffiti tag artist. Another is a drug dealer. There was only one (school principal) without some stupid/insulting background.

This seems like a stretch.  The daughter's boyfriend came off like about the nicest, most likable "teenage boyfriend" character you could have on a TV-MA show.  The kid sleeping in class was smart enough to have the answer when the teacher woke him up.  And the principal came off as a generally good, competent guy.  The fourth one was a drug dealer but that was shades of Gus Fring from Breaking Bad in that he had a completely different public persona when the parents came to visit him.  He seemed intelligent.  The worst part about his character was that he was inexplicably overpowered by a junky who escaped from the hospital, but I guess anything's possible when two people are struggling for a gun.

And none of those four characters were as grating as the drug addict they cast as the lead for the show.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.