GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Is Rivet the worst player to ever worn the C for the sabres I cant think of any other more uninspiring captains

Satan was captain for a short span?

I did remember when Rivet fought someone late in a game last year, after he had broke his nose in the first period.

Can't wait until they are off the team - Connolly, Stafford and Rivet

Are they still on this team? - Gaustad and Hecht

Were they drunk? Montador and Myers

Only way to win games is if Roy and Vanek show up every night

ALL STAR of the night - Sekera

This team is looking more like sellers at the trade deadline.......

How is Stafford out there late instead of Ennis?

Why is Connolly taking two faceoffs at the very end -- lost 'em both.

Edit: He wasn't on fire on faceoffs before that by any means. Meanwhile, Niedermayer and even McCormick to a lesser extent had hotter hands. Terrible coaching.

A so-so effort isn't going to do it most nights. They weren't playing a ready made opponent like the Thrashers were.

This team doesn't know how to play with any emotion. This is not a high energy team. I heard a lot the last couple of days about tempo. This is not a fast hockey team. They can't play that high tempo game. And they mply don't have the toughness or grit to play knock down drag them out games. It was proven when the Bruins beat them up and wore them down in 6 games.

Where is the Franchise right now? A absentee owner. A front office and coaching staff that few believe are capable of winning a Stanley Cup. A roster of players that is very unlikeable. A roster of players that rarely play hard and don't have the talent to provide a exciting product. Tonight was not entertaining. Tonight Devils fans would be complaining how boring this game was.

Okay so I just got back from a charity dinner event and I see the score 4-2 another loss anybody care to summarize this loss for me? Is this another ground hog day sabres game like I have seen to many times over the last 2 years ?

2 years? Where were three years ago?

2 years? Where were three years ago?

w/o CI and not seeing it first hand but probably more realistically in that place in eqypt called da nile. I am thinking I would not have put up with this for that long if I had been seeing it.

w/o CI and not seeing it first hand but probably more realistically in that place in eqypt called da nile. I am thinking I would not have put up with this for that long if I had been seeing it.

The only consistent aspect of this team over the past 3+ seasons is their lack of effort. They don;t play with emotion, they could care less when a teammate takes a cheap-shot and if you challenge them physically they wither. What is this team going to do against the Pens, Caps, Flyers and even the Bolts and Leafs?

The only consistent aspect of this team over the past 3+ seasons is their lack of effort. They don;t play with emotion, they could care less when a teammate takes a cheap-shot and if you challenge them physically they wither. What is this team going to do against the Pens, Caps, Flyers and even the Bolts and Leafs?

Like you Dudley, I was out tonight as well, but I surely expected a W tonight over OTT at home....

I just don't get this, but I totally understand why you wrote it. How, at this point of the season and 0 home wins, can the emotion NOT be there? How? I just can't understand it after a strong game the other night that it doesn't carry in to tonight.

Man, I would take Lindy over just about any coach, and I think he deserves so much better based solely on the way he played the game, but is this really what we have come to? And who is going to come in here and whip Connolly, Stafford, etc, in to shape anyway?

Like you Dudley, I was out tonight as well, but I surely expected a W tonight over OTT at home....

I just don't get this, but I totally understand why you wrote it. How, at this point of the season and 0 home wins, can the emotion NOT be there? How? I just can't understand it after a strong game the other night that it doesn't carry in to tonight.

Man, I would take Lindy over just about any coach, and I think he deserves so much better based solely on the way he played the game, but is this really what we have come to? And who is going to come in here and whip Connolly, Stafford, etc, in to shape anyway?

That is a huge problem, Regier would be the one hiring the new coach and he would hire a coach that would be forced to stick to the current program. He will be forced to play Connolly and keep Rivet as Captain no matter how useless he is. It would be someone from the organization, someone who already is part of the problem. This franchise is stale. It needs a new perspective from someone outside of the organization. That will never happen.

Yeah as usual HSBC will be as quiet as a mouse...until the boo birds come out. What is wrong with that place? It has to be one of the least intimidating places to play in (outside of Arizona and the south). I feel their is too much of "a family atmosphere" there. Maybe they should start offering bowling ball shots in the parking-lot:)

It was quiet when the Sabs were sucking wind in the first, and that's ALL. There wasn't exactly a whole lot to make noise about on four shots. Seriously, can you blame us? What am I supposed to do, get nuts over an offsides faceoff? All of the action was in the Sabres' end until Connolly screwed in a fluky one. It was loud in the second period, when the Sabs were actually doing something, and when Connolly ripped a freaking highlight-reel slapper off of Elliott (Elliot?) and into the net. Great shot from a guy that I don't praise often. It was loud during the third. Don't blame a crowd for crappy first-period hockey. And it's "there," not "their," ffs. That's just freaking basic.

In happier news, the Yankees are eliminated. That brighten up the night somewhat. :D

This is awesome, even though I wish Texas had stayed with Mexico. It's still awesome. (No, I am not a Boston fan, either.)

Stafford is beyond repair. The best you can hope is that the Sabres foist him onto some team for a draft pick or something. That guy won't do a damned thing unless he has the puck, and when he does have it, he's not exactly Gretzky. Connolly scored twice tonight, it was the one game out of two where he shows up. And he did--he really played well. Ship him out too, though, AFAIC.

The entire D--I noted mistakes by each and every of them, and every one of them gave effort (unlike the forwards), but I noted good plays by all of them except Myers and Rivet. Tyler gets a pass. A Calder will do that. (I do think that a benching might help him look at the game a different way; I don't mean a benching for discipline, I mean an opportunity to look at how other D-men play in the National.) Rivet doesn't get a pass. Ruff is no stranger to the concept of a captain being benched. Time to do it.

Hecht, nice assist. Good to see that you're still on the team, because I hadn't heard your name this season until that assist.

What the hell do Gaustad and Kaleta add, anymore? Goose isn't stationed in front of the net, and every team is onto, and ignores, Kaleta's antics. The effort, but not skill, is there from those two. (So they're like the Bills.)