Sekera

gee

in regards to recent events (i.e. sekera's terrible giveaway that led to the winning OT goal) shouldn't lindy give butler or weber a chance? it can't get any worse for the sabres than it already is...

One of those two will play, as Morrisson is out. But, Sekera was running the 2nd PP unit today in practice again, so i don't think he's coming out any time soon.

Yea let's bench Myers while we're at it.. Butler and Weber are huge upgrades.

Not sure what to make of this. Maybe because I hate Butler, think Sekera sucks and think Weber is going to be a rough tough d man. I thought Lindy was over his man love crush for Sekera. Guess not though. Can someone please tell Ruff that Sekera will not ever become Soupy and stop thinking he will please. Sekera has done a seasons worth of boneheaded giveaways due to style in 4 games already. Enough.

Not sure what to make of this. Maybe because I hate Butler, think Sekera sucks and think Weber is going to be a rough tough d man. I thought Lindy was over his man love crush for Sekera. Guess not though. Can someone please tell Ruff that Sekera will not ever become Soupy and stop thinking he will please. Sekera has done a seasons worth of boneheaded giveaways due to style in 4 games already. Enough.

What is with all this Soupy-love? He was pretty bad for most of his time here, until maybe the last couple of years!!

In fact he is so far down the pecking order on the Hawks that he was barely missed last season.

What is with all this Soupy-love? He was pretty bad for most of his time here, until maybe the last couple of years!!

In fact he is so far down the pecking order on the Hawks that he was barely missed last season.

Wait. Campbell is on the Hawks. But we just played them and I don't even remember him. I do remember him crying not to be booed.

I am not offering Soupy love. Obviously he is a different level player than Sekerea. The comparison is always made between Sekera and Soupy. Soupy started slow had a lot of giveaways etc. and we waited and lived with his poor play until he finally got it. I don't see this at all with Sekerea and am sick of the comparison and sick of Lindy seemingly falling in love with Sekera. That is my point.

Although I do miss Soupy I laughed when he got paid. Ain't now way he is that elite player woth that kind of money and that is why he isn't here but I respect him.

Xander there is a good reason you didn't see Soupy when Chicago was here. Hint: was he dressed for that game?

And I will say it here first if Lindy plays Butler tonight and not Weber. Screw you Lindy.

I am not offering Soupy love. Obviously he is a different level player than Sekerea. The comparison is always made between Sekera and Soupy. Soupy started slow had a lot of giveaways etc. and we waited and lived with his poor play until he finally got it. I don't see this at all with Sekerea and am sick of the comparison and sick of Lindy seemingly falling in love with Sekera. That is my point.

Although I do miss Soupy I laughed when he got paid. Ain't now way he is that elite player woth that kind of money and that is why he isn't here but I respect him.

Xander there is a good reason you didn't see Soupy when Chicago was here. Hint: was he dressed for that game?

And I will say it here first if Lindy plays Butler tonight and not Weber. Screw you Lindy.

He's injured.

And he still puts up good numbers despite limited ice time.

Not sure what to make of this. Maybe because I hate Butler, think Sekera sucks and think Weber is going to be a rough tough d man. I thought Lindy was over his man love crush for Sekera. Guess not though.

So to recap here for derek2299 in case he reads this thread he may understand my immature thread on Lindy and at least understand where I am coming from. If not, who cares.

So the first goal is directed into the net by Butler. Yay good call Lindy.

The second goal is scored as Sekera is cruising past Miller. Not blaming Sekerea for the goal just sayin he happens to be dancing by with a guy instead of smashing him away from the front of the net at all. And this team talks about getting tougher? Oh that's right we need the combined offense that Butler and Sekera will bring.

Hey derek sorry if it's all immature. But I need an outlet and Larry wont listen to me.

Sekera blows. His passes are terrible. Nice icing with 36 seconds to play last night. OFF MY TEAM PLEASE.

Sekera is making mistakes I agree, but they are basically mental mistakes that young defensemen make. It takes years to develop these guys and I'm willing to give this talented young defenseman a chance. His passing needs to improve, but that is something that can be fixed

Blaming Sekera (or Rivet) for the Sabres' struggles this year is like blaming Torrell Troup for the Bills' season. Neither has been excellent, but neither has been particularly bad either. For that matter I thought Rivet played pretty well last night.

Sekera blows. His passes are terrible. Nice icing with 36 seconds to play last night. OFF MY TEAM PLEASE.

Agreed. Especially the icing. Absolutely horrible but as teh one poster says he's young and will learn.

Ok maybe but whty is he on the ice in that position at that time of the game? As Lindy says, inexcusable.

I think Sekera is no more of a liability than most of the other pylons we have playing D right now. Plus he's an incredible skater with some creative vision on the ice. I think he could develop into a great player, and right now I don't see him playing any worse than most of the other D-men.

Sekera wasn't the problem. He was giving 100% on the play. Watch the tape and see how ROID skates. He gave away the puck, without much effort , in the nuetral zone then sauntered back to our end without even laying a stick on Kovalchuk. Roid was with-in two feet of Kovalchuk. He could have prevented that goal with even a Peewee effort of back checking.

Sekera wasn't the problem. He was giving 100% on the play. Watch the tape and see how ROID skates. He gave away the puck, without much effort , in the nuetral zone then sauntered back to our end without even laying a stick on Kovalchuk. Roid was with-in two feet of Kovalchuk. He could have prevented that goal with even a Peewee effort of back checking.

I'll bite: Since Andrew Peters is gone, who is "roid"?

I'll bite: Since Andrew Peters is gone, who is "roid"?

Derek Roy; He's like a huge Hem -Roid! Nothing but a pain in the ass! He skates one way, no back checking let alone finishing checks. Watch the play were Sekera struggles to keep the puck in OT during the Devils game. Roid could have easily made a play on Kovalchuk. Our esteemed anouncers did not call him out but the coach did the next day.

That Roid needs to be lanced right now!

Archived